Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Beautiful! I love how almost everything is wooden with similar finish. Venu its time to replace the denon with an AP Transport as well :).

Not in THAT league, but it keeps me alive- : :D my modest setup (Stereo1 & 2)-

Hey, I recognize the CWX69 with TBSS speakers, the first audio set up which i ever purchased back in 1995 was a CWX79 with 700T Symphony series floorstanding speakers. Had these till 2005 when I moved to NAD. I retained the speakers and still use them. You wont believe this but those speakers sound much better than a lot of the lower end branded stuff from JAMO, JBL, Polk Audio, Whaferdale, etc but again, the genre of music which I listen to requires more on the highs and lows and less on the mids.

Hello all,

The rack was made by the same carpenter who did my apt woodwork. The frame is real teak wood and the planks are plywood. The spikes are from Madisound which provides excellent isolation! Big thanks to Siva - Acoustic Portrait for providing me the drawings.

ROC: You are welcome any time and no plans for adding any transport.

Thanks
Venu

Hey, I recognize the CWX69 with TBSS speakers, the first audio set up which i ever purchased back in 1995 was a CWX79 with 700T Symphony series floorstanding speakers. Had these till 2005 when I moved to NAD. I retained the speakers and still use them. You wont believe this but those speakers sound much better than a lot of the lower end branded stuff from JAMO, JBL, Polk Audio, Whaferdale, etc but again, the genre of music which I listen to requires more on the highs and lows and less on the mids.

Yeah, these are excellent speakers. After I got my new setup ( Yamaha+ sonodyne) I realized what a comfortably warm system I was listening to for all these yrs. The whole system is in mint condition and I now intend to keep it, since I am still struggling to tune up my new AVR & speaker setup to my liking.

Yeah, these are excellent speakers. After I got my new setup ( Yamaha+ sonodyne) I realized what a comfortably warm system I was listening to for all these yrs. The whole system is in mint condition and I now intend to keep it, since I am still struggling to tune up my new AVR & speaker setup to my liking.

The very fact that I returned to them after a stint with the B&W DM3000 is itself an unspoken statement in favour of these old BPL speakers. The symphony series speakers which I own sound more "lively" to quote my wife.

In picture :Focal 816 nad 356 micromega mydac pioneer bdp lx55 iPad 3 with cck

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,054
Last edited:
You wont believe this but those speakers sound much better than a lot of the lower end branded stuff from JAMO, JBL, Polk Audio, Whaferdale, etc but again, the genre of music which I listen to requires more on the highs and lows and less on the mids.

BPL made some amazing speakers back in the day. I remember them replacing the floor standers for the D1000 (A rebadged Sanyo Mini Hi Fi) to a book shelf and even those were impressive.

BPL made another speaker system which they were supplying with one of those Rs. 7000 music systems. This one had a twelve inch driver but was later replaced with a run of the mill compact speaker system.

dsc0051ji.jpg

BPL made some amazing speakers back in the day. I remember them replacing the floor standers for the D1000 (A rebadged Sanyo Mini Hi Fi) to a book shelf and even those were impressive.

BPL made another speaker system which they were supplying with one of those Rs. 7000 music systems. This one had a twelve inch driver but was later replaced with a run of the mill compact speaker system.

I used to work for BPL back in the day. I remember the D1000 which was packaged with 1000T floorstanders, but the Rs.20k price was beyond my budget, also I was not too keen about compact systems and hence settled for ths CWX79 (tuner/amp/cassette deck) with CP80 (cd player) and 700T floorstanders. Enjoyed my music on this for 10 years after which I turned to NAD. Those speakers still sound good. When I get back and if I find the time, I'm going to add a horn loaded or ported subwoofer to each channel.

My HT2 in Living Room- 5.1 spkr. setup all polks. sub purchased recently , rest kicked up from dedicated HT which got upgraded to polk rtiA 7.1 setup.
1-monitor40 fronts . 2-cs1 centre. 3- psw110 powered sub . 2 rm10s. on backwall. 4-panny 50" vt20d plasma tv bought cheaply mainly thanks to forum members. 5- onkyo avr txnr414 bought on ebay global fromi2c world for rs. 24,514/-. placed the order on march11 got the avr in hand by 20th.
powered through a delta sd100m 1kva 220-110 transformer bought more than 10yrs. ago. 6- panny dmp bdt220 from the usa in jan2013. 6A-lg dv422d upscaling dvd player. 7- crossley lancaster entertainement center bought last august from amazon global - it plays vinyls 78,45,33rpm., cassettes & cds. has am/fm radio. ( 5,6 & 7 are all 110v. equipment connected to the same delta.)
8- airtel dth hd dvr. 9-sony vhs vcr. still got some 300 of those. 10- wd tv live hd media player.
11- powered seagate 500gb hdd. 12- 2 original 3d glasses which came with the tv + 2 xpand x103 universal active shutter 3d glasses bought on amazon for 64dollars each. 13- a few blurays from my collection rest of which is in my dedicated HT. 14. LPs which i bought long ago all before 1980. :D

Attachments

• HT2.jpg
    HT2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 729
Budget Audio Setup

Whats visible..
IMG_0164.jpg

The details:
Asus O!Play Mini -> HDMI -> Samsung LED TV
Asus O!Play Mini -> Optical Cable -> FiiO D3 -> NorStone RCA Cable -> Topping T20 -> MA BX 02

I could have gone O!Play Mini->HDMI -> TV ->Optical Cable ->FiiO D3 .... however in that case I would have to switch on the TV even if I just wanted to hear music.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 612
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back