Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

amp8869.jpg

This looks so amazing!

Thats because his camera costs more than the Wharfs !!!:lol: Congrats, the set up looks premium.

Anshul89, these are Wharf 121s ? Can you please tell me about the sound quality ? I read somewhere that these are quiet warm sounding and is not very suitable for Techno electronic music.

hi Anshul89,

picture looks great, pls share your feedback about thw diamond 121s.
I understand they are not available with the distributer and will come after 2 months or so.
Do you know of any dealer who has the stock?

This looks so amazing!
:)

Thats because his camera costs more than the Wharfs !!!:lol: Congrats, the set up looks premium.

Anshul89, these are Wharf 121s ? Can you please tell me about the sound quality ? I read somewhere that these are quiet warm sounding and is not very suitable for Techno electronic music.
The camera costs more than my 47" 3dtv, receiver and speakers combined
279869.gif

Still in the process of matching it with the perfect amp and dac for my tastes. And anyway I do t pay attention to the sound signature too much unless its flat out boring to me. I cae more about soundstage depth, height and dynamics.

hi Anshul89,

picture looks great, pls share your feedback about thw diamond 121s.
I understand they are not available with the distributer and will come after 2 months or so.
Do you know of any dealer who has the stock?
Bought it from The Shop in andheri, mumbai. He sent it to me the very next morning so I'm guessing he has enough stock.

Last edited:
are they B&W...??
btw great set up...

=========================================

hi,

are these PSB's ?

Please describe the rest of your rig.

thanks
mpw

Thanks. These are the Wharfedale Diamond 8 Series. Diamond 8.3 for the fronts, Diamond 8 Center, and the Diamond 8.2 for the Rears. All driven by an entry level Yamaha RX-V465. To tell you the truth, the Yammy sounds better than my old Denon mid-level receiver which conked out after 4 years.

Will be adding the Wharfedale SPC-10 Subwoofer to complete my set-up. As I said, I live in an apartment, and sold off my old subwoofer thinking I wouldn't need it. How wrong I was. Now I miss it.

My setup is mostly for movies (90%), and watch them through WD Media Player Live hooked up to 6TB HDDs.

Cheers!

My audio system set up, I am currently using

01. Thorens TD 2035 with Ortofon MC Rondo Bronze catridge.
02. T+A Pre Amplifier PA 1260.
03. T+A Amplifier A 1560.
04. Esoteric SACD Player X-05.
05. Garrard Turntable 401+SME Tonearm with Ortofon MC Cadenza Black catridge.
06. Isotek Aquarious EVO 3 power conditioning.
07. Selfmade Tube Amplifier.
08. Vodoo Cables (Air Dragon, Platinum Dragon and Black Dragon) for power cables for Esoteric and T+A.
09. Wireworld power cable for Garrard 401.
10. DH Labs reference series Revelation interconnect and speaker cable.
11. MIT Terminator interconnect cable.
12. Isotek Synchro power cable for Aquarious EVO 3.
13. Furutech wall socket.

Attachments

• L1001144.jpg
    L1001144.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 700
  • L1001143.jpg
    L1001143.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 692
  • L1001141.jpg
    L1001141.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 691
  • L1001140.jpg
    L1001140.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 692
  • L1001139.jpg
    L1001139.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 694
no speakers???
how do u switch between 2 amps?

My audio system set up, I am currently using

01. Thorens TD 2035 with Ortofon MC Rondo Bronze catridge.
02. T+A Pre Amplifier PA 1260.
03. T+A Amplifier A 1560.
04. Esoteric SACD Player X-05.
05. Garrard Turntable 401+SME Tonearm with Ortofon MC Cadenza Black catridge.
06. Isotek Aquarious EVO 3 power conditioning.
07. Selfmade Tube Amplifier.
08. Vodoo Cables (Air Dragon, Platinum Dragon and Black Dragon) for power cables for Esoteric and T+A.
09. Wireworld power cable for Garrard 401.
10. DH Labs reference series Revelation interconnect and speaker cable.
11. MIT Terminator interconnect cable.
12. Isotek Synchro power cable for Aquarious EVO 3.
13. Furutech wall socket.

This is my set up.
========================================

nice one naren.. i quite like the carpet in between.. nice and big..

me thinks your fronts are higher then they should be ( or maybe its just a photo thing ).. check it out wrt the seating position..

mpw

no speakers???
how do u switch between 2 amps?

The tube is basically a pre amplifier (NOT a power)...and in my T+A power amplifier there are 2 inputs for preamp (one XLR and RCA)..

Of course there is a speaker but speakers am using is basically self made as I normally bought the driver and install everything on my own...

========================================

nice one naren.. i quite like the carpet in between.. nice and big..

me thinks your fronts are higher then they should be ( or maybe its just a photo thing ).. check it out wrt the seating position..

mpw

Thank you mpw, the fronts are exactly matching my seating. I could slightly see the speakers top side.

Hi all, here are a few pics of my brand new listening space. Its a largish hall on my first floor with a balcony overlooking a valley (with greenery). I am yet to furnish the listening space, which I plan to do this Onam, when furniture discounts are at their best. Also, the floorstanders are positioned to face, straight on. Going to experiment with angling, this weekend.

My listening space (from just in front of where the staircase lands):

Note how the speaker cable runs right along the side of the room (equal lengths of 15m for both channels).

16t8.jpg

A closer shot of the speakers positioned beside the balcony door:

ds71.jpg

A view of the valley below, from the balcony:

5nva.jpg

Another shot of the valley below, from the balcony:

ut85.jpg

A view of the listening space (and gym area, where the sewing machine is parked) from the balcony:

bagh.jpg

My humble rig in the corner (vinyl not spinning yet):

5jp3.jpg

My Technics DD, all set to spin AC/DC's Highway to Hell:

v4h1.jpg

Rig with my turntable in action:

1x3d.jpg

The left channel tower:

s3uj.jpg

The right channel tower:

h3c2.jpg

New speaker cables (Finolex submersible pump cabling):

qvys.jpg

Speaker cables behind the rig:

50r8.jpg

And finally, here's how my new home looks (European styling), this pic is from the night of the inauguration:

ak37.jpg

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back