Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Just wanted to mention one more thing, if you can accommodate it, for your listening pleasure. The reflection points may be a bother and it would be a good idea to put some soft hanging (if an acoustic panel is impossible due to WAF) on the wall to your left as you sit facing the speakers. Additionally you would truly benefit from a carpet which stretches to the floor in front of the speakers.
I used to listen to a room also which had similar dimensions (5 x 4 m) and a slightly higher ceiling (4m+) and the echo was a very real issue making the whole too "live" and eventually fatiguing. The panels that I have all around my listening space, which some FMs have seen, are a direct left over of eventually doing all I could to tame the space and improve my listening experience many fold. All the best!

Just wanted to mention one more thing, if you can accommodate it, for your listening pleasure. The reflection points may be a bother and it would be a good idea to put some soft hanging (if an acoustic panel is impossible due to WAF) on the wall to your left as you sit facing the speakers. Additionally you would truly benefit from a carpet which stretches to the floor in front of the speakers.
I used to listen to a room also which had similar dimensions (5 x 4 m) and a slightly higher ceiling (4m+) and the echo was a very real issue making the whole too "live" and eventually fatiguing. The panels that I have all around my listening space, which some FMs have seen, are a direct left over of eventually doing all I could to tame the space and improve my listening experience many fold. All the best!

Great idea, will try the wall hangers (w.a.f. is a dependency). There are 2 huge curtains in the design, one covering the entire length of the door (and french windows) to the balcony and the other covering the huge window (on the side of the rig). Will try some soft hanging panels on the other side wall. Lets see how this goes, currently saving up for the furnishing. And yes, the live performance sound exists to a certain extent for now. Guess that will go away once these hangers come into place.

Hi all, here are a few pics of my brand new listening space. Its a largish hall on my first floor with a balcony overlooking a valley (with greenery). I am yet to furnish the listening space, which I plan to do this Onam, when furniture discounts are at their best. Also, the floorstanders are positioned to face, straight on. Going to experiment with angling, this weekend.

My listening space (from just in front of where the staircase lands):

A beautiful home in a beautiful location.
Congratulations. I would be coming down to tvm by this Sept/Oct (probably after Onam).
I can visit your place if you would allow to. Listen to couple of tracks too!
Let me know. PM me your contact.
Enjoy music. There is no alternative when immersed in music trance.

A beautiful home in a beautiful location.
Congratulations. I would be coming down to tvm by this Sept/Oct (probably after Onam).
I can visit your place if you would allow to. Listen to couple of tracks too!
Let me know. PM me your contact.
Enjoy music. There is no alternative when immersed in music trance.

You're most welcome, just PM when you visit Kerala.

Re: Bose 1705 + DIY Speaker + PC(Onkyo 200PCI)

Bose 1705 + DIY Speaker + PC(Onkyo 200PCI)

Attachments

• 123456.jpg
    123456.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 715
@reubensm - Since all the good things have already been said, even at the cost of repetition i'll say- fantastic! Your love for music is genuine & true, because you not only dreamt to have a place built around your music, but also worked hard to realize your dream. Speakers on both side of the door is a fantastic idea which many of us do not think, as we always think of a TV/screen between the speakers. And the surroundings!! OOOOh! You can use your speakers to their fullest potential, without hurting your neighbors.BTW, did you notice any difference in sound with the balcony doors closed and opened? Congratulations, again.

@reubensm - Since all the good things have already been said, even at the cost of repetition i'll say- fantastic! Your love for music is genuine & true, because you not only dreamt to have a place built around your music, but also worked hard to realize your dream. Speakers on both side of the door is a fantastic idea which many of us do not think, as we always think of a TV/screen between the speakers. And the surroundings!! OOOOh! You can use your speakers to their fullest potential, without hurting your neighbors.BTW, did you notice any difference in sound with the balcony doors closed and opened? Congratulations, again.

thanks so much for the kind words, yes a lot of thought had gone into the house and honestly, i did not think about budgetary aspects when the listening space and the balcony were designed. Another interesting facet of the house is that the car porch is below the house (copied from American designs), which is just below my living room on the ground floor.

Yes, the door idea is something we always had. Actually the original design had a huge indoor swinging seat (like one finds in old havelis) where one could sit, facing the speakers and the valley below but we had to drop the swinging seat because wify wanted the floor space to be open.

I did try the open door/closed door approach last night. The imagery moves to the wall of the planters on the balcony when the door is opened and appears to remain inside the room when the door is closed. Might be my imagination but thought it was what I heard. I tried opening and closing the French windows too but could not find any significant impact. Guess the windows are too narrow to make a significant impact.

Re: Bose 1705 + DIY Speaker + PC(Onkyo 200PCI)

Bose 1705 + DIY Speaker + PC(Onkyo 200PCI)

very nice, tiger0691

was wondering what the distance between your two speakers might be. have been doing some experiments on this front with the valuable guidance of our fellow forum members.

Wonderful!! Especially those floor standers!! Can you mention the gears?

Stereo - Acurus L10, Acurus A250, NAD C515BEE, RTiA9 Interconncets Atlas, Vintage Sonodyne DD turntable (Lying Idle Technics SUv65A IA, RS T22 Cassette Player)

HT - Denon 3312, Sony BDPS370, Center -CSi A4, Surround - Jamo S426(need to upgrade), Velodyne Impact 12, Vintage Technics SBC450 (Need to Upgrade)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back