Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

@yahoo
Nice setup and good planning (concealing).

Two observations
Did you not feel a need for a better DAC
The distance between the speakers could be a little more. I think it is about 4 feet now.

@yahoo
Nice setup and good planning (concealing).

Two observations
Did you not feel a need for a better DAC
The distance between the speakers could be a little more. I think it is about 4 feet now.
Yes I too feel that more distance wd hav been better. but corner to corner its abt 5.5 feet. I mean one end of rack to the other (L--->R). Could nt increase as I had to keep the speakers within Bed listenin limits.

This innovative design was made by one of my friend on Google sketch considering tweeter level, height of amp and the platform size for speakers according to mezzo 2 and consideirng an installlation of a 40inch TV. He is an architect by profession. Designed it on Google Sketch entirely.

My Humble System.

Hi,

I just shifted house recently and I have just set up my system. It is not a megabuck system (things are suprisingly cheap if you plan and buy), but I am relatively happy with the results so far. Quite a bit remains to be done. A lot of precious free time went into actual designing and building of this system so I am taking a bit of a rest before doing the final tuning of the system and the room.

My Hall is 25ft x 18ft with corridors on the right side and a wall of windows on the left side. it is a drawing /dining + music + HT room.

So here goes...

Here is a picture of the overall system

The Main Speakers
DIY 3 way actives in a WWMTM MLTL alignment.(my Design)
Dayton RS225-8 x2; Dayton RS52AN x2 and Vifa XT19 Ring Radiator speaker
2cxi7iq.jpg

orm0q8.jpg

DIY centre mostly my design
WMTW Dayton RS150 x2; Dayton RS52AN x1; VIfa OT19 Ring radiator speaker

DIY Sub - my design
2 x Seas L26ROY in a EBS alignment

DIY Surrounds - Inspired by the Core2 design.
Dayton RS180; Dayton RS28A

they have been mounted upside down

Moving on to the electronics

Digital Crossover - Behringer DCX2496 modified
room equalisation -Behringer DEQ2496 (not activated currently)
MSB MVC 8 channel passive preamp.
Amplification - Emotiva UPA-7 - 6channels driving the actives; 1 channel for centre -
2cicwad.jpg

this plus source is all I need for stereo

Moving on to the HT section

Emotiva UMC-1 Pre pro
Emotiva UPA-200 2 channel amp for surrounds
Pioneer BDP-450 Multi region BD player
Sony BD370 region c BD player

And then on the Subwoofer section
Behringer -Inuke 3000 amp.
Behringer feedback destroyer (BFD) for room modes

Projector
Epson EH-TW8100 on a hybrid mount (made from 2 mounts)

Grandview 133" motorised screen.

Thanks for viewing!

Re: My Humble System.

Hi,

I just shifted house recently and I have just set up my system. It is not a megabuck system (things are suprisingly cheap if you plan and buy), but I am relatively happy with the results so far. Quite a bit remains to be done. A lot of precious free time went into actual designing and building of this system so I am taking a bit of a rest before doing the final tuning of the system and the room.

My Hall is 25ft x 18ft with corridors on the right side and a wall of windows on the left side. it is a drawing /dining + music + HT room.

So here goes...

Here is a picture of the overall system

The Main Speakers
DIY 3 way actives in a WWMTM MLTL alignment.(my Design)
Dayton RS225-8 x2; Dayton RS52AN x2 and Vifa XT19 Ring Radiator speaker
2cxi7iq.jpg

orm0q8.jpg

DIY centre mostly my design
WMTW Dayton RS150 x2; Dayton RS52AN x1; VIfa OT19 Ring radiator speaker

DIY Sub - my design
2 x Seas L26ROY in a EBS alignment

DIY Surrounds - Inspired by the Core2 design.
Dayton RS180; Dayton RS28A

they have been mounted upside down

Moving on to the electronics

Digital Crossover - Behringer DCX2496 modified
room equalisation -Behringer DEQ2496 (not activated currently)
MSB MVC 8 channel passive preamp.
Amplification - Emotiva UPA-7 - 6channels driving the actives; 1 channel for centre -
2cicwad.jpg

this plus source is all I need for stereo

Moving on to the HT section

Emotiva UMC-1 Pre pro
Emotiva UPA-200 2 channel amp for surrounds
Pioneer BDP-450 Multi region BD player
Sony BD370 region c BD player

And then on the Subwoofer section
Behringer -Inuke 3000 amp.
Behringer feedback destroyer (BFD) for room modes

Projector
Epson EH-TW8100 on a hybrid mount (made from 2 mounts)

Grandview 133" motorised screen.

Thanks for viewing!

True man.. Looks real cheap and dirty (and I say that as I kill myself)

Are u kidding me.. It looks like a million bucks..

Awefrigginsome.. I love the system and the way it's setup and the details u have taken.. Amazing..

yet another opp. to redefine 'humility'!

Oh no, Sir, absolutely not a redefinition!

My visit to the What Hifi show is fresh in my mind. The entire 2 channel section (post source i.e crossover; preamp, amp, speaker) cost me less than some of the bookshelves at the show. And everything; projector; electronics; 5.2 speakers, wood; carpentry tools (jigsaw, router, drill and the invaluable electric screwdriver) cost less than some of the midrange price towers. And done a second time, with the benefit of fresh experience, it would be even cheaper (and probably better)

Of course; that's not counting my labour and the countless hours modelling the speakers and crossovers. or the the cuts on my fingers from the "lami" application tinsheet (i finally outsourced the painting, applying automobile putty onto mdf wil never be a skill area for me, that is clear)

Last edited:
Phenomenal DIY work! :clapping:
Is it an apartment or a bungalow you are putting up in? If the former, then really pity your neighbors, more so, if you are into "Saving Private Ryan' type of flicks!

@KAPVIN - Kudos to you for the amazing effort and stunning results.
I hope you are very happy with how it all sounds together and that enjoy your system thoroughly for a long time.

Doing DIY properly is a very tough job. Well done!

Great work Kapil,
Its always a pleasure to meet you and learn DIY skills.This new set up adds more curiosity.
Congratulations.

Oh my god, this is not a mean or lean but an awesome setup especially those DIY FS looks gorgeous...:licklips:

Thank you Manniraj. this is high praise coming from another DIy-er

Phenomenal DIY work! :clapping:
Is it an apartment or a bungalow you are putting up in? If the former, then really pity your neighbors, more so, if you are into "Saving Private Ryan' type of flicks!

It's an apartment. but the building is new so there are only 5 residents so far. I love "saving private ryan.. come over and we will watch it together.

@KAPVIN - Kudos to you for the amazing effort and stunning results.
I hope you are very happy with how it all sounds together and that enjoy your system thoroughly for a long time.

Doing DIY properly is a very tough job. Well done!

thanks, arhantd! i am happier than before, but knowing human nature, it's a very temporary state. :)

Great work Kapil,
Its always a pleasure to meet you and learn DIY skills.This new set up adds more curiosity.
Congratulations.

Doc Spiro, always a pleasure. Never will forget that you are my first "HFV friend"

yes, you are ever so humble, what a fantastic DIY effort with those speaks.

nice to see the Behringers in your setup

thanks Reuben! do give me a shout if you are in mumbai!

Thank you Manniraj. this is high praise coming from another DIy-er

I am just a starter with the DIY but the finish of your FS is very nice just awesome can beat any branded speaker. I went with the polish as my first effort but definitely will go for the auto grade piano finish for my FS which I am planning to do either with Alpairs or the TMM version of the Zaph kit.

Re: My Humble System.

Hi,

Thanks for viewing!

92178.gif

Fabulous is too less a word:clapping:. Tremendous skills.:thumbsup:
Wish I could have come over this weekend!

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back