Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Why Thad! sure I would be delighted. This is only a temp arrangement. Inviting couple of our FMs this coming week. Do drop in if you happen to be passing!

Would really love to. If only you were in Mylapore ...or Anna Nagar ...or Mahabalipuram or even Pondicherry. But Hyderabad, sadly, I am unlikely to be just passing, just as I'm similarly unlikely to be just passing so many great members and their equipment in Mumbai, Delhi, and so on.

Maybe one day :)

Why Thad! sure I would be delighted. This is only a temp arrangement. Inviting couple of our FMs this coming week. Do drop in if you happen to be passing!

Would love to drop in if its open house.

If you can PM me the time and the location it would be great to listen to the Magnepans and also catch up with other FMs.

I used to own these speakers (Technics SB A33), thanks to our forum. Had a good time listening to them, had the baffle and veneer completely re-built and refurbished. Now these are with one of my good friends and he's enjoying them too. Happy they've found a new home.

15052012004.jpg

15052012003.jpg

15052012002.jpg

15052012001.jpg

15052012.jpg

My set up post a DIY Paint Job, concealed wiring....Thanks to FM Hemanth have got my first Technics TT SL Q3 for starters not yet connected will have to wait till this week end

see a significant lean on your LP stack. Keep them vertical (upright). If you let them incline one over the other, they'll end up warped

Hi all,

Here is my 2-channel rig until I get the dedicated A/V room finished on the terrace.

Speakers are Magnepan 1.6QR. Source is ARCAM Delta 270 CDP, Pass B1 preamp to PWA300 power amp which is a DIY build. Ecosse and DAC interconnects for pre and power amps. Bandridge 14 gauge speaker cable.

Cheers

man... those maggies are huge....!!

i never knew they were that tall....

My set up post a DIY Paint Job, concealed wiring....Thanks to FM Hemanth have got my first Technics TT SL Q3 for starters not yet connected will have to wait till this week end

Lovely setup you got there Olly. Nice and very organised.

+1 with Reuben's comments. Ensure Vinyl is vertical when stacked.

Please also ensure to align/calibrate all setting accurately before first play.

Cheers...

Wow what an amazing upgrade. You ought to be happy...
Congrats!

Are you happy with the way the Marantz receiver is driving the legends?

Lovely setup you got there Olly. Nice and very organised.

+1 with Reuben's comments. Ensure Vinyl is vertical when stacked.

Please also ensure to align/calibrate all setting accurately before first play.

Cheers...

RP thanks for the inputs will follow the instructions...The verticals have been stacked correctly... within minutes of receiving Reuben's advice :).... The hunt for Technics SL 1200 MKII continues

I did have Naim amp and was happy with that. But then I had spent too much for the combo and it was way more than my budget. I had to spend more on the source to complete the setup. So I thought of giving a try with the Marantz and I am happy with it. Before this, I had spent lot of money on audio systems and was never satisfied. There was always something lacking. I used to think that i am never going to be satisfied until I got these. They may be even better with a better amp and cd player, but have no intention to change anything when i am already happy with what i wanted.

Last edited:
New partner to my Maggies. SVS 20-39 PC Subwoofer.

I will start at the beginning.......
I recently got a SVS 20-39PC sub with a blown driver from our FM Sidvee as an AV giveaway, and have been itching to share my experience so far.

I already have a Velodyne CHT-15R. The SVS and the Velodyne seemed to be close in performance based on what I had read, but the size of the SVS was scaring me off. WAF. She's been very patient with my hobby. Got the size past the wife (ignoring her suspicious looks) by telling her I got it for free and it will be a lot better than the Velo. I didnt mention it needs a woofer replacement, though!

Ordered a replacement driver. Support from SVS before, during, and after the sale has been outstanding. I have since contacted SVS a couple times with questions and comments, and they always reply quickly and seem very interested in my impression of their product. It was shipped fast, and arrived, very well packaged.
Swapped the driver and wired up and switched on I was ready to go. I sat back full of anticipation and picked the lucky piece of music from my playlist that would be tried first. Well I pressed play and it sounded good as it always has on the Maggies but to be perfectly honest it didnt sound any different.
To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.
I scratched my head a bit and then tried the intro to Money for nothing by Dire Straits.
Again it sounded great but no different to what I was used to.
It was at that point I had an epiphany.
I got down on my knees ...not to pray...but to check the wiring.....only to find I hadn't plugged it into the mains!!
I had wired it all up but in my haste to get some music on I forget to stick the actual plug in the socket!
To say I was pleased is to put it mildly. It meant that I hadnt even been hearing the Subwoofer in the system, so all was not lost! I actually uttered the word YES when I saw it wasnt plugged in.
Anyway with the Sub now plugged in I once again sat back and hit play.
To say the music was overwhelming does not do what I was hearing justice. I was shocked by the sheer Wham and visceral attack that the speakers suddenly had.... a fullness and a richness not heard before.......dare I say they sounded really fruity?!
The air around the instruments was greatly improved.... the whole presentation had just gone to a whole new level. Its as if the Sub was allowing the speakers to relax and just do what they were good at and leave the heavy duty stuff to the new boy on the block.
I went on to listen to some more Dire straits and some pretty heavy duty orchestral stuff... All of the mentioned benefitted from the addition of the Sub sounding fuller and more open and airy.
So as far as first impressions go, the SVS Subwoofer is undoubtedly a serious partner to Maggies. With the Subwoofer however the speakers seem to take on a whole different persona and really swagger and become even more effortless in the way they present music.
SVS and Maggies make a really nice combo. Some subs have deep extension, some accurate and articulate, some loud, some have it all, but it doesn't mean much if it is not integrated well.

Its performance so far has been excellent. I had a Velodyne CHT-15R connected prior to the SVS, and let me tell you, this thing blows it away, and the Vel was no slouch. I love my new toy.

Sorry if this was a puff piece, if not, lets hear about your SVS!

Attachments

• IMG_4959.jpg
    IMG_4959.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back