The Movies I Liked

Everything Must Go (2010) - IMDb

Its hard to find a Will Ferrell movie that is serious and touching.

The movie is about Will Ferrell who is an alcoholic who goes into a relapse only to find himself without a job, wife and a house all on the same day. The story dwells nicely on his struggles and how he handles the situation.

Nice movie, can be watched with family.

MV5BMTU2NDEzNTk3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDUwMjkxNA@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Storyline

A young man must escape from a mysterious locked vault before he dies of dehydration.

Iron Doors (2010) - IMDb

V.

A Separation (2011) - IMDb

a.k.a Jodaeiye Nader az Simin

This is an excellent Iranian drama about a couple who plan to leave the country to a western one. However, once the husband comes to know his father has alzheimers, he wants to stay back. The wife wants a divorce or a separation (hence the title), but the husband is unwilling.

The story takes an interesting turn when the husband gets accused of pushing the caretaker which kills the foetus.

The story's pace is leisurely and the end mysterious. Watch it when you have time. You will need english subtitles to watch the film.

Highly recommended.

Senna (2010) - IMDb

Actually, a documentary rather than a film. The fact that it has my favourite all time sportsman made it a must watch.

The documentary is excellently directed with amazing clips of the races, the drama, the politics and the fight.

If you like Ayrton Senna, then its a must watch, even if you dont, it will be a nice watch.

An interesting trivia - was happy to know that the director and writers were both of Indian origin (Asif Kapadia and Manish Pandey)

Have some time ?

Start watching Rome (TV Series 2005&2007) - IMDb

81Laq-9FBPL._AA1500_.jpg

I promise, you will only want to go back and watch next episode.

Outstanding performance + Exquisite production + Superb direction = You can't afford to miss it.

Tough to get the bluray of this series but if you get, do let me know and order one copy for me also !!! :ohyeah:

I have seen this movie in the theaters last weekend and was absolutely blown away. One of the greatest movies I've seen in the theater and the best movie I've seen in last few years. I have to go see this movie again before it exits theaters. 80's kind of set up, music added greatly to the atmosphere of the film and particularly acting and direction near is perfect.

MV5BMTIzNzIzMzc2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDE2MjAyMg@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Storyline

Leonard Kraditor is a burned-out case, living with his immigrant parents after his fiance left him, helping out at their Brooklyn dry cleaners, taking photographs, at loose ends, suicidal. In quick succession, he meets two women: Sandra, the daughter of his parents' business associates, frank, direct, sensual, Jewish like Leonard; and, his neighbor Michelle, mercurial, rootless, fun, blond, unattainable. Michelle is in love with a married man and cries on Leonard's shoulder; Sandra wants to save him. Is Leonard willing to risk losing Sandra's fidelity for the moments Michelle's moods swing toward him? Can this end well?

Two Lovers (2008) - IMDb

V.

Sita Sings the Blues (2008) - IMDb

A very strange movie and got my attention for three reasons -

1. The title
2. This is officially available for free download (1080p)
3. This is rated in the top 50 musicals at IMDB

The movie is a madcap sometimes irreverent sometimes blasphemous take on Sita's viewpoint of the Ramayana. The movie also intersperses this with the director's own story and how it links to Sita's.

The songs are good if you like the blues from Annette Hanshaw, but can get a bit repetitive.

The animation is good to mediocore.

I liked the background tellers for their humor.

But the movie does seem to drag a bit, can be a good offbeat movie if you have patience.

Tony Wendice is a former Tennis player who quit tennis and has settled down with his wife. His wife, Margot Mary Wendice, has had an affair with an American Mystery Novel writer Mark Halliday. During their romance they had written letters to each other. Mary had burnt all the letters except one which is dear to her.
Unfortunately She has lost the letter. Movie starts with Mark at Mary's place and Mary revealing to Mark about the letter.
What follows next is a series of unexpected events that culmiate in an interesting ending.

Probably shot with a modest budget, this movie grips you till the end. The movie breathes British life of the 50s. At 1 hour 40 minutes it is a relatively small movie that keeps you wanting for more.
Definitely worth a watch. Alfred Hitchcock's brain child.

Dial M for Murder (1954) - IMDb

dialmformurdermoviepost.jpg

Last edited:
I used to watch many movies and there are some that I am madly loved with and below are my favorite that I have listed for the community. I really cant disregard these movies from my mind.

Lovely bones
Notebook
Titanic
Dear John

Last edited:
MV5BMzQ3NTk1MTMwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzE2NjI5Ng@@._V1._SY317_CR7,0,214,317_.jpg

Storyline

A group of friends plan out a detailed heist that turns deadly when one betrays the other by taking off with the goods. Taking matters into his own hands, Sonny seeks out his revenge teaming up with the most dangerous mob boss in town to get back what is rightfully his. When he finally comes face to face with his longtime friend he will be forced to make a life changing choice.

Setup (2011) - IMDb

V.

Thanks for suggesting this movie. I'd never heard about it before.

It was an excellent watch! Joaquin Phoenix is superlative, and Gwyneth Paltrow gives a great performance.

The main character's dilemma, his vulnerability and internal conflict were brought out very well: Do we give in to our desire, knowing very well that things could end in tragedy, or do we choose what is best for us, even though that is not what we want 100%?

I love movies that deal with moral and emotional dilemmas, and this movie totally fit the bill! :)

northfacebd3d.jpg

Nordwand (North Face) - Based on a true story, North Face is a suspenseful adventure film about a competition to climb the most dangerous rock face in the Alps.

Riveting stuff!!

30 Minutes or Less (2011)
(From the makers of ZOMBIELAND)
Two fledgling criminals kidnap a pizza delivery guy, strap a bomb to his chest, and inform him that he has mere hours to rob a bank or else... my 4 stars out of five. Watch it.

The Son of No One (2011)

Good one, 3 stars/5

A young cop is assigned to a precinct in the working class neighborhood where he grew up, and an old secret threatens to destroy his life and his family.

The Whistleblower (2010)

Good one time watch, my 3.5 stars/5

A drama based on the experiences of Kathryn Bolkovac, a Nebraska cop who served as a peacekeeper in post-war Bosnia and outed the U.N. for covering up a sex scandal.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back