The Movies I Liked

I just watched Hachiko: A Dog's Tale. A true story about a dog that loyally waited for his master to return for nine years after his death. :sad:

The movie left me in tears and I now miss my own dog terribly (he is in Chennai at the moment). The dog in the movie is an Akita, one of the most beautiful creatures on the planet.

Hachik? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please watch the movie but keep some tissues handy. The fierce loyalty, undying and unconditional love that only dogs are capable of, is captured beautifully. The background score on piano is heart-wrenchingly beautiful. If you are not in tears by the end of the movie, you must be Chuck Norris.

MV5BMzI1MjI5MDQyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE4Mjg3NA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

A boat has been destroyed, criminals are dead, and the key to this mystery lies with the only survivor and his twisted, convoluted story beginning with five career crooks in a seemingly random police lineup.

The Usual Suspects (1995) - IMDb

V.

Courageous [2011]

Courageous (2011) - IMDb

A very Family/Drama movie about 4 men and one motive. Has got dome good humor in the story. Nice performance by 4 police officers.

The Ides of March [2011]

The Ides of March (2011) - IMDb

A very interesting Drama movie. Casting is done well in this movie. Story is good and good performance by the lead actors.

Cat Run [2011]

Cat Run (2011) - IMDb

A good Action/Comedy movie. It's typical comic crime saga, and good performance by Paz Vega.

Dream House [2011]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462041/

A good Drama/Mystery movie. A psychological thriller with a predictable twist in the story.

Mercenaries [2011]

IMDb - Mercenaries (2011)

A timepss Action movie. One time watchable.

Hodejegerne [2011]

IMDb - Headhunters (2011)

A very good Danish Crime/Thriller movie. The story has a smooth, intriguing opening with some twists along.

Le Moine [2011]

IMDb - The Monk (2011)

A very interesting Thriller movie. Story is good and nice performance by Vincent Cassel.

Drive [2011]

Drive (2011) - IMDb

A very good Action/Drama movie. The action sequences are really punching and well done. Direction is really good.

Moneyball [2011]

Moneyball (2011) - IMDb

A very good Drama/Sport movie. One of the best baseball movie i've seen till date. Good performance by Brad Pitt with very good supporting performance by Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Margin Call [2011]

Margin Call (2011) - IMDb

A very good Drama/Thriller movie about the financial crisis in the US. A very well crafted performance by Paul Bettany and Jeremy Irons, and Kevin Spacey just adds to it. Must watch.

The Company Men [2010]

The Company Men (2010) - IMDb

A very good Drama movie about the 2010 recession. The performance by Ben Affleck, Tommy Lee Jones and Chris Cooper is really good..

cheers.

Meet Joe Black (1998) - IMDb

My all time favourite `Meet Joe Black' (1998). Sterling performances from Anthony Hopkins, Brad Pitt and Claire Forlani. Don't miss it. But be prepared to spend around 3 hrs to watch it (it's that long..). I would say Hopkins and Pitt have given their best performances in this movie. Their interactions, subtleties, body language, casual acting is just amazing. Switch off all your phones, lock the main door, grab a cup of hot filter coffee, hot vadaa and immerse youself in this human drama as you are dealing with death here (literally). :)
Preferably watch a blu-ray version.

Cheers.

My favourites never change, I always stick with Titanic and The independence Day both are great box office movies. Particularly Titanic is a one hell of a love story brought tears in my eye.

MV5BMTY0MTQ5OTcyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE0NzUzMw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Storyline

Brooklyn, 1988. Crime is rife, especially drugs and drug violence. A Russian thug is building his heroin trade, while everyone laughs at the cops. Brothers have chosen different paths: Joe has followed his father Bert into New York's Finest; he's a rising star. Bobby, who uses his mother's maiden name, manages a club. Bobby too is on the rise: he has a new girlfriend and a green-light to develop a Manhattan club. Joe and Bert ask him to help with intelligence gathering; he declines. Then, Joe raids Bobby's club to arrest the Russian. From there, things spiral out of control: the Russian puts out a hit on Joe, personal losses mount, and Bobby's loyalties face the test.

IMDb - We Own the Night (2007)

V.
--

body heat and essential killing are those which i watched yesterday ,
body heat is 1983 thriller and it got everything in it.

essential killing sucks..

Amazing thread and great going. Thanks to all of you. It will take ages for me to pick n choose and then watch them. Was looking for a thread similar to this. This is helpful.

Few of my favs:
American Gangster, The ghost and the darkness, Indiana Jones, Sholay, Magadheera (Telegu).
I would suggest Magadheera even for those who dont understand Telegu, try with English subs.

MV5BMTU4MzUzNjk5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjc1OTc5._V1._SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

Storyline

Connie Sumner has a loving husband, a beautiful home, and a wonderful son, but she wants more. When she's approached one day by a handsome stranger while trying to hail a taxi, she becomes obsessed with him and eventually starts an affair. But her selfish actions soon catch up with her...

Unfaithful (2002) - IMDb

V.

Just watched Delhi Belly! What a laugh riot! :lol:

If more Bollywood movies were like Delhi Belly, I would not need Hollywood (except for my job)

^^ Yes, they have made excellent use of music to heighten the dramatic effect.

I enjoyed the movie too. It was head and shoulders above the typical commercial Hollywood movie.

Last edited:
hi to all movie lovers.
i watched dark knight . what a movie awesome. very good for showing demo on pj very good action packed . i loved the movie .. i think it is a must buy bd movie. :clapping:

Watched Warrior:

Warrior (2011) - IMDb

warrior-poster-2.jpg

It's an incredibly powerful movie about strained relations between a family comprised of two brothers and their father. The backdrop to all the drama is some ridiculously good mixed martial arts action.

The action, acting, score and visuals are all par excellence!

^^ Yup, this would be in my top ten of 2011. Great movie about family relationships and forgiveness. Nick Nolte does an awesome job!

Watched Warrior:

Warrior (2011) - IMDb

warrior-poster-2.jpg

It's an incredibly powerful movie about strained relations between a family comprised of two brothers and their father. The backdrop to all the drama is some ridiculously good mixed martial arts action.

The action, acting, score and visuals are all par excellence!

+1 to Bluu,

A very good Drama movie, the story is emotional and intense about manhood and family. Lead actors have done an excellent job. And some good martial arts and background score really makes the movie interesting.

Cheers.

These are the movies I liked for 2011, I look forward to reading your favourite films of the year and hopefully get some heads up on films I have missed.

10 The Kings Speech, Black Swan, The Fighter, 127 Hours

9 Fast and Furious 5

8 Man From Nowhere

7 Bridesmaids

6 Warrior

5 The Illusionist

4 X-Men: First Class

3 Incendies

2 The Artist

1 Drive

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back