The Movies I Liked

for those who like subtlety in artwork, as well as martial way of living life, they would like this :

Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai (1999) - IMDb

a hit man who has modelled his life around the ancient warrior code of living, in modern times.

not a new movie. one of the best performances by forest whitaker till-date IMO. the direction gives you nuances in the screenplay (akin zen poetry), instead of putting everything straightforward to your face, like for eg, the very first and long scene of a bird flying in the sky (you need to comprehend why so much emphasis on this lengthy scene by the director, or does it really mean anything at all ?). Rza's composition blends in very good with the movie. highly recommended for those who have a passion for martial arts/martial way of life, and/or have grown disgusted with this robotic & too-comfy life ;)

Last edited:
@TheSeeker, _Ghost Dog..._ is indeed an excellent movie. If you liked it, you'll love Jean-Pierre Melville's _Le Samourai_, to which it pays homage. And all of Jim Jarmusch's movies are truly awesome!

Dial M for murderrrrrrrrrr! Uncle Hitch is awesome. A bollywood remake starred Suresh Oberoi, Raj Babbar and Smita Patil I think! That was good too. Was it Aitbaar?

Think it was Dimple Kapadia (instead of Smita Patil).

I have seen most of Hitchcock's movies and really enjoyed Rear Window, Dial M for Murder, North by Northwest, To Catch a Thief, Vertigo and Psycho.

Gladiator, braveheart, last samurai, godfather, untouchables, cocktail, the last castle, maverick, laws of attraction, shawshank redemption, Jerry maguire.

Yesterday I saw Deadly Impact. Though a regular masala movie, I like the way they have handled the situation. The hero is a regular guy who gets beaten, shot, and even knifed by the villain. When hit, he lies down writhing in pain.

He takes a leaf out of the villain's own techniques to get rid of him at the end.

Cheers

Colombiana [2011]

Colombiana (2011) - IMDb

A very good Action/Drama movie about a female assassin and drug trafficking in Colombia. The opening sequence is really well done by this young girl Amandla Stenberg, very good cinematography and some good performance by Zoe Saldana .

cheers.

Bruna Surfistinha [2011]

Bruna Surfistinha (2011) - IMDb

An interesting Brazilian Drama movie. This is a movie about a former Brazilian prostitute, based on the book written by herself. The story starts of really boring, but the second half get's really interesting. Good performance by Deborah Secco in the lead role.

cheers.

I am a big movie buff but I have yet to buy a single dvd or blu ray. I don't believe in personal collection also.
I don't download also as to get full blu ray quality you need to download I think around 10 gb or more for a single movie.
I rent movies from moviemart.in :o

thats for this rent site, I was looking for it, but dont know if they will deliver in pune if I rent any bluray

Jodaeiye Nader az Simin [2011]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1832382/

A very good Iranian Drama movie. There are no hero's, no villain's and no background score. Just the actors, story and camera work make this a wonderful movie. All the actors have done justice to their character by uncovering rich depths in their role. A must watch movie.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

looking for a list of 7.1 true hd movies to test out my 7.1 reciever with. Any suggestions or websites that shows a list

Off the top of my head,
(1)"Rambo" (the last one)
(2)Tron legacy
(3)Beauty and the Beast
(4)Captain America
(5)Toy Story 3
(6)Ice Age III: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.

Of these I own 1,2,5,6. Audio track is VERY powerful and my order of preference is 1,6,2,5.

You can check site Statistics Page - Blu-rayStats.com for you needs. You can choose 7.1 LPCM or any search criteria. Enjoy.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back