The Movies I Liked

MV5BMjAzMjk4NjI4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQ4OTEwNA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Storyline

Lara Brennan is arrested for murdering her boss with whom she had an argument. It seems she was seen leaving the scene of the crime and her fingerprints were on the murder weapon. Her husband, John would spend the next few years trying to get her released, but there's no evidence that negates the evidence against her. And when the strain of being separated from her family, especially her son, gets to her, John decides to break her out. So he does a lot of research to find a way.

The Next Three Days (2010) - IMDb

v.

Short Circuit

Watched this movie yesterday. An old movie ..... reminded me of E.T.

Number 5, one of a group of experimental military robots, undergoes a sudden transformation after being struck by lightning. He develops self-awareness, consciousness, and a fear of the reprogramming that awaits him back at the factory. With the help of a young woman, Number 5 tries to evade capture and convince his creator that he has truly become alive. -- IMDb Plot: Short Circuit (1986)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Watched the below over the past few weeks

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
A slightly unusual murder mystery especially with the characters involved based on a Swedish novel. Rooney Mara in a must see performance . I went back to watch this again because of her and by the way some great story telling from the maker of "The Social Network". Rooney was infact nominated for best actress for this role.
I however think Daniel Craig was a bit of a lame duck in the movie

50/50
The story of a mentally head strong cancer patient(Joseph Gordon Levitt) and his friend(Seth Rogan) as the only source of positive energy around him. Again great story telling and entertaining performances by both Joseph and Seth Rogan.
Don't be surprised with the comedy tag given in reviews as it could be tear jerky. A few of the negative reviews come from this fact

The Skin I Live In
A really entertaining must see Spanish thriller with neat elements of surprise and an entirely different take. Antonio Banderas and the really lovely Elena Anaya in wonderful performances . The film switches so neatly between the past and present, or minutes before for some) giving you a real masterpiece at the end of it all

Shark

MV5BMTY2ODE3MjI3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjM4ODM4Mg@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Storyline

Luke welcomes his friend Matt and his girlfriend Suzie that come from London and Matt's sister and Luke's former girlfriend Kate that comes from Sydney to sail with him and the sailor Warren in a sailboat. However, the vessel hits an underwater rock and capsizes with an opening on her bottom. Luke advises that they should swim in the north direction to reach the Turtle Island, in Queensland, Australia, while they have strength since there is a current moving the boat in the opposite direction of land but Warren prefers to stay on the hull waiting for help since there are sharks in the water. The quartet swims, but they are hunted by a great white shark.

The Reef (2010) - IMDb

V.

Yesterday, I watched a movie called "Fargo".
Fargo (1996) - IMDb

The movie is directed by Coen Brothers of "No Country For Old Men".

Amazing thrilling movie with great acting. The movie has a very nice theme music and background score was also pretty good.
The movie is crime story based in "Minneapolis-Minnesota" in USA.
Although the movie is a crime thriller, I found it quite funny as each characters has a sort of comic accent in American English.
A must watch for all the Hollywood lovers !!

MV5BMTM4MjY1NTEyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTc3MjcxNA@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Storyline

The 3-D action-thriller Sanctum follows a team of underwater cave divers on a treacherous expedition to the largest, most beautiful and least accessible cave system on Earth. When a tropical storm forces them deep into the caverns, they must fight raging water, deadly terrain and creeping panic as they search for an unknown escape route to the sea. Master diver Frank McGuire has explored the South Pacific's Esa-ala Caves for months. But when his exit is cut off in a flash flood, Frank's team-including 17-year-old son Josh and financier Carl Hurley are forced to radically alter plans. With dwindling supplies, the crew must navigate an underwater labyrinth to make it out. Soon, they are confronted with the unavoidable question: Can they survive, or will they be trapped forever?

Sanctum (2011) - IMDb

V.

Yesterday, I watched a movie called "Fargo".
Fargo (1996) - IMDb

The movie is directed by Coen Brothers of "No Country For Old Men".

Amazing thrilling movie with great acting. The movie has a very nice theme music and background score was also pretty good.
The movie is crime story based in "Minneapolis-Minnesota" in USA.
Although the movie is a crime thriller, I found it quite funny as each characters has a sort of comic accent in American English.
A must watch for all the Hollywood lovers !!

the movie is in my wishlist for blu ray :P

btw coen brothers uk collection is now only for 10 pounds on amazon uk

The Artist [2011]

The Artist (2011) - IMDb

A good Comedy/Drama movie and it's silent!!. Done in a good old-fashioned manner, it's an entertaining movie . Good performance by Jean Dujardin. Background score is really well done.

War Horse [2011]

War Horse (2011) - IMDb

A very good War/Drama movie, and Steven Spielberg has done beautiful job. Very good cinematography and screenplay, supported by some good background score. Good performance by the actors (lead and supporting). Worth a watch.

cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MV5BMjA3Mzc0OTIwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQxOTczNQ@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Storyline

When 7 college friends pack their swim suits for a weekend of fun-in-the-sun activities at their friend Sara's lake house, they think it will be the perfect vacation. But the tables immediately turn when the lead football star, Malik, gets his arm ripped off during a water skiing accident. While the friends are to believe his wound was a freak accident, they soon come to discover that there was a primal attack involving a shark. Now while they think that one shark is no problem, they soon come to the realization that 15 species of sharks are lurking in the water, and with no form of boat or transportation, and no signals for phone's, the group of seven now face a fate they would never imagine. Being fed to these sharks by crooks for real life footage on an Internet website.

Shark Night 3D (2011) - IMDb

V.

Unstoppable [2010]

Unstoppable (2010) - IMDb

A very good Action/Drama movie. Story is fine, nice performance by Denzel Washington , Chris Pine and Lew Temple. The movie editing is simply awesome. Very good cinematography and sound mixing.

cheers.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back