The Movies I Liked

IMDb - I Am Legend (2007)

220px-I_am_legend_teaser.jpg

All of Earth's population is affected by a deadly virus turning the victims into monsters. Scientist Robert Neville is the only man who is immune to the virus and he is working on an antidote. Can he save the world?

My rating 7/10

Shame (2011) - IMDb

shame_poster.jpg

Brandon lives an active sex life which is disrupted when his sister arrives to stay with him.

My rating 7/10

Immortals (2011) - IMDb

Immortals-movie-poster-20111.jpg

King Hyperion searches for a weapon that can destroy humanity. Theseus, a peasant leads the fight against the cruel king.

I felt Freida's acting to be pathetic.

My rating 6/10

This is one of my all time fav thriller. I bet long after you viewed this masterpiece it will keep your mind occupied.

Memories of Murder (2003) Salinui chueok (original title)

scaled.php

In 1986, in the province of Gyunggi, in South Korea, a second young and beautiful woman is found dead, raped and tied and gagged with her underwear. Detective Park Doo-Man and Detective Cho Yong-koo, two brutal and stupid local detectives without any technique, investigate the murder using brutality and torturing the suspects, without any practical result. The Detective Seo Tae-Yoon from Seul comes to the country to help the investigations and is convinced that a serial-killer is killing the women. When a third woman is found dead in the same "modus-operandi", the detectives find leads of the assassin.

The Avengers. Saw a "smash"ing superhero(s) movie after long time. 3D is pretty well done. Compliments the movie rather than pull it down. Hulk gets his due after 2 movies. Iron Man is without doubt the big draw.

Word of advice. Do not take your kids to the movie. It will spoil the fun for you, more importantly others who pay big bucks to watch an entertaining movie. Cinema halls are not water parks.

Enjoy!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Storyline

A thriller in which a battle of philosophies between a fundamentalist Christian and an atheist escalates into a lethal battle of wills. Ultimately, as a test of faith, or lack of it, the believer forces the non-believer onto the ledge of a tall building. He then has one hour to make a choice between his own life and someone else's. Without faith in an afterlife, will he be capable of such a sacrifice?

The Ledge (2011) - IMDb

V

MV5BMTg0MjUwNDM0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc1MTYxNQ@@._V1._SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011) - IMDb

Extremely good movie on the conflict of a mother who has a tyrant of a kid. The movie is supposed to be a comment on the nature vs nurture debate and a point against most western thoughts that there are certain norms on nurturing that you dont cross.

Good acting by Tilda Swinton and the kid in all age groups.

Partly sad, partly disgusting will not be everyone's cup of tea.

STAR WARS ... all the way!!! then comes star trek, Transformers, Avengers :D, Old Superman, Bond Movies up until Daniel Craig became one :( ... and followed by many others.. :D

Last edited:
The Avengers. Saw a "smash"ing superhero(s) movie after long time.

Saw the movie last night. I went with a bit of skepticism and fear as I had read some bad reviews of the movie. Ten minutes into the movie, I realised the reviewers did not know their front side from their back side. If you have been a fan of comics like I have been, the Avengers is a treat not to be missed.

Marvel has done a superb job of taking on from where Thor, Hulk, Iron Man-2, Capt. America had left off, and bringing them together into this movie beautifully. Using the same actors, the transition looks so beautiful.

The first half of the movie is like an introduction, giving some background on the characters. It is only in the last 30 odd minutes that you have some intense edge-of-the-seat action. The special effects, sound, and action are all done extremely well. The concept of an aircraft carrier flying at 40,000 feet is something you have to see http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1965143040/tt0848228).

Banner is in complete control of the Hulk and enjoys becoming 'the other person' to smash Loki's army to bits. The humour is good, but you will understand it only if you know the characters. For example, in once scene, Capt. America keeps telling Iron Man to suit up when he is having a intense scientific discussion with Banner. Iron Man gives him a scornful look, and continues to ignore him. At that moment the ship is attacked, and Capt. America again says 'suit up'. The look on Iron Man's face as he accepts the inevitable and runs to his locker with a vain retort is to been seen to be believed.

In another scene when Banner and Iron Man have an intense discussion on Gamma rays, Thor, Capt. America and few others look on blandly. To an example that Iron Man throws, Capt. America bursts out, 'I understand that', and then goes red in the face when he realizes how stupid he sounds.

If you have read comics and understand the fantasy behind these characters, you will be an idiot if you skip this movie.

I am picking up the Blu-ray.

Cheers

Last edited:
MV5BMjI1MDI4MDUzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjE5MTYzNw@@._V1._SY317_CR22,0,214,317_.jpg

Storyline

Told over one horrifying night, Deviation will take you on a white-knuckle journey into the mind of Frank Norton, a dangerous schizophrenic murderer as he escapes from Broadmoor Hospital and embarks on a murderous rampage across London. But when Frankie takes a hostage, the deadly game of cat-and-mouse truly begins.

Deviation (2012) - IMDb

V

To all those who are critical of The Avengers - it made 300 Million in just 9 days, overtaking even Avatar as the highest grosser of all times!!

Cheers

The Avengers was on my bd list the day it was released. Haven't seen the movie myself but my son enjoyed out.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Avengers is a great watch in the theater. The SFX are awesome and the last 30 mins of action kept my 3 year old silent. ( Which is an achievement).

I am a big fan of Robert Downey Jr ( and Ironman) But the Hulk takes the cake in this movie.

The SFX are awesome and the last 30 mins of action kept my 3 year old silent. ( Which is an achievement).

Ha Ha Ha. Yes it did keep everyone silent in the hall. Marvel are planning a string of movies - Thor2, Hulk (3 or 4), Iron Man 3, Cap. America 2, and Avengers 2. The plan is to introduce a force that eats galaxies as a villain. If you notice, in Avengers, even Thor did not achieve something great. He even got locked into a cage and was just about able to save his own skin. His initial fights with Capt. America and Iron Man, logically speaking being a God, he should have just swatted them. The logic is that the final victors are human beings, and not God. There is also a cheeky statement, where in the last 30 minutes, Capt. America takes charge, and even Thor (a God!) defers to him. But then Americans have always been vain.

As long as Marvel does not introduce too many characters, the Avengers series should be good. With multiple heroes you get confused who to root for. In this edition, the Director has played smart and not introduced even a God as the super super hero. They fight with each other, they squabble, and then get together to just fight a common enemy. Each hero is given a specific task to suit his capability - Hulk swats Loki, Iron Man destroys the alien craft, Thor takes Loki prisoner, all of course under the watchful eye of Capt. America. So everyone wins! Some of the dialogues are silly - like Capt. America telling Hulk, 'go smash!', and Hulk happily running around like a kid who has his candy. But these are things that one can ignore. Hopefully in the next Hulk and Avengers, Banner will be more in control of Hulk.

Cheers

Cheers

Last edited:
Audience and fans rejoiced when Capt. America gives a singular word of advice to Hulk... "smash". I liked Mark Ruffalo's interpretation of green monster compared to prior on screen versions. He is totally in control of the beast yet always boasting of the "other" guy with great cheekiness. It was a clapfest in theatre when he goes "I am always angry".

Giving each superhero his/her due with a small insight in to their past and still maintaining a narrative fluidity in superhero movies is rare and fantastic achievement.

One of the bluray for sure.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011) - IMDb

220px-Mission_impossible_ghost_protocol.jpg

Ethan Hunt and his team race against time to stop the villain from gaining access to Russian nuclear codes. The plot spans across Russia, Dubai and India. Very good action flick.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) - IMDb

sherlock-holmes-2.jpg

Can Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson stop Prof. Moriarty's evil plans?.

African Cats (2011) - IMDb

african-cats-2011-poster-3.jpg

This is a very good nature documentary where the story of a Lion pride and Cheetah family are shown. The visuals are stunning.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back