The Movies I Liked

It is one of my most favourite movies, i will see it atleast 3 times more spread over a period of time.

V.

For those who have not seen it, Star Movies is transmitting Taken tomorrow at 2100 hrs. Watch it. It is really good.

Cheers

Hi,

Saw the movie yesterday after reading this thread! Liam Neeson's moves are quite impressive for his age, though there is a bit of exaggeration in gunfights, etc. Stunts are awesome. Famke Janssen comes and goes in the movie.

I thoroughly liked the movie, except for a few exaggerations as mentioned above.

Cheers!

Nadodigal Movie Review

NADODIGAL (tamil)
Ayangaran DVD
Audio-5.1 DD

was highly impressed with this movie
kind of a very different story

its abt a group of frnds who lead a very happy and joyous life
they take upon a task of uniting a frnd with his girlfriend and get him married, they do succeed overcoming a lot of obstacles and in the process they have lost a lot mentally and physically upto the extent of one loosing a leg and the other suffers loss of hearing

allz well until they seem to think the couple is united but when they come to hear the couple who these guys united have parted ways

The frnds are shell shocked and venture out again to prove that thier effort was not a wasted one

This is regional cinema at its very best

fantastic acting by the whole cast , deft direction and catchy tunes

definetly recomended , you will love this flick!!

I thoroughly liked the movie, except for a few exaggerations as mentioned above. Cheers!

You should become a father, that too of a girl. You will enjoy the movie even more. There is also a movie in Tamil with Kamal in the lead role searching for his daughter. Though that movie was brutal, both show the care and love that a father has for his children.

Cheers

Last edited:
Well this is quite a thought, excellent point.

V.

You should become a father, that too of a girl. You will enjoy the movie eve more. There is also a movie in Tamil with Kamal in the lead role searching for his daughter. Though that movie was brutal, both show the care and love that a father has for his children.

Cheers

Hello Subhash,

This is a great idea to have in your signature the list of your movies the same has been done by one of our fellow members in mumbai, i am taking his help how to do it.

V.

You should become a father, that too of a girl. You will enjoy the movie eve more. There is also a movie in Tamil with Kamal in the lead role searching for his daughter. Though that movie was brutal, both show the care and love that a father has for his children.

Cheers

Venkat Sir,

Yes, I have seen that movie as well, it is Mahanadhi, the movie also won National Award.

the exaggerations which I was referring to were the stunts. I didnt get convinced that he can handle things all alone throughout the movie. There were several instances but only at the end he gets shot.

I liked the bonding in the first part, especially in scenes where he gives his daughter a karaoke machine on her birthday, while asking the singer tips for his daughter, signing his consent for her travel, giving directions to her through the phone.....

Cheers!

Hello Subhash,

This is a great idea to have in your signature the list of your movies the same has been done by one of our fellow members in mumbai, i am taking his help how to do it.

V.

hi, vinay

i have done it the easier way, jst registered in the forum Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray, Blu-ray Movies, Blu-ray Players, Blu-ray News and Reviews, 3D Blu-ray, 3D Movies (a site basically for all BD needs/info)

posted my HT pics there, as its possible to view the pics in big size

and in the same forum along with the HT gallery there is also a link where you cud add the BD titles to your collection

its very simple

Hi,
Got the Redcliff movie Part1 and watched it for some minutes.Astounded by the picture quality for a 720p movie.Planning to watch it tomorrow.

Yes... who can forget Mahanadhi? I can empathise with venkat's views, being a father off a girl child.I loved the movie 'Taken'.Clearly remember watching Mahanadhi in Chidambaram town while on a Trade Union election tour.Can remember too all of us shouting at the screen at the end of the movie... 'we are proud of you Kamal':)

cheers,
sri

Hi,
Got the Redcliff movie Part1 and watched it for some minutes.Astounded by the picture quality for a 720p movie.Planning to watch it tomorrow.

Yes... who can forget Mahanadhi? I can empathise with venkat's views, being a father off a girl child.I loved the movie 'Taken'.Clearly remember watching Mahanadhi in Chidambaram town while on a Trade Union election tour.Can remember too all of us shouting at the screen at the end of the movie... 'we are proud of you Kamal':)

cheers,
sri

both Part I and II of Redcliff is simply superb in all departments

though Part II is slightly slow paced in the begining it slowly builds up and its nonstop thrills towards the end

happy watching

Hi,

I suggest that you also watch Subramaniapuram if you have not already. Same team, you can call this movie a trendsetter in Tamil cinema. A few other good ones are Kadhal, Veyil, Pasanga, Anjathey, Nanayam.

Cheers!

Nadodigal Movie Review

NADODIGAL (tamil)
Ayangaran DVD
Audio-5.1 DD

was highly impressed with this movie
kind of a very different story

its abt a group of frnds who lead a very happy and joyous life
they take upon a task of uniting a frnd with his girlfriend and get him married, they do succeed overcoming a lot of obstacles and in the process they have lost a lot mentally and physically upto the extent of one loosing a leg and the other suffers loss of hearing

allz well until they seem to think the couple is united but when they come to hear the couple who these guys united have parted ways

The frnds are shell shocked and venture out again to prove that thier effort was not a wasted one

This is regional cinema at its very best

fantastic acting by the whole cast , deft direction and catchy tunes

definetly recomended , you will love this flick!!

PAIYA-TAMIL

Watched it in a theater and was disappointed.The movie lacked substance and just drifted to its end.The director's earlier film 'Run' with Maddy was more watchable.Baffled at Karthi's choice of a bad movie so early in his career.

Guys those who are not familiar with tamil movies please watch Karthi's 'Paruthiveeran".For a debut movie this guy stunned every one with his performance.When i went into the theater i was like 'since this guy is a brother of an actor(Surya) he has got a chance'.But his performance was a slap on my face.

cheers,
sri

PAIYA-TAMIL

Watched it in a theater and was disappointed.The movie lacked substance and just drifted to its end.The director's earlier film 'Run' with Maddy was more watchable.Baffled at Karthi's choice of a bad movie so early in his career.
cheers,
sri
Is this movie that bad? I read great things about this movie particularly acting and technical brilliance, since then I am longing for the Telugu dubbed version Aawaraa.
By the way I liked karthi's Aayirathil Oruvan(Watched the dubbed version in Telugu).

I liked the bonding in the first part, especially in scenes where he gives his daughter a karaoke machine on her birthday, while asking the singer tips for his daughter, signing his consent for her travel, giving directions to her through the phone.....

You are a romantic !! I like the part where Liam just thrashes the bad guys. :)

Cheers

Hi,

I suggest that you also watch Subramaniapuram if you have not already. Same team, you can call this movie a trendsetter in Tamil cinema. A few other good ones are Kadhal, Veyil, Pasanga, Anjathey, Nanayam.

Cheers!

have watched Subramaniapuram , not the rest ,this one i enjoyed very much ,and just loved the 1st track in the movie (the song in the temple)

Paruthiveeran --that was one hell of a movie , very hard to digest, am sure many people wudnt be able to get over the ending!!

Is this movie that bad? I read great things about this movie particularly acting and technical brilliance, since then I am longing for the Telugu dubbed version Aawaraa.
By the way I liked karthi's Aayirathil Oruvan(Watched the dubbed version in Telugu).

HI,

"Grrr" things are made into "great" things by repeated ads in TVs every 15 mins. The producers who are also owners of the popular media are taking full advantage of the connection!

Nowadays, there is no need for a movie to run for 50 or some days to get the breakeven. Just a week will be more than enough, as the same movie is released in all theaters in a complex for the first few days.

Cheers!

Hi,

Cheers!

Second your other choices - all except for Naanayam. That I found to be a rip off and basically a mish-mash of various Hollywood heist movies with the requisite Tamil masala.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back