Thread for the Coffee lovers

After purchasing my Morphy Richards Filter coffee maker, we are liking filter coffee than frothy stuff. It is esier also to handle than steam driven espresso machine.

The Lavasa coffee powder is geting consumed quickly.

Thanks all ever helpful forum members. This thread is my treasure trove and I get the aroma of good coffee whenever I open this thread and go through the postings.

After purchasing my Morphy Richards Filter coffee maker, we are liking filter coffee than frothy stuff. It is esier also to handle than steam driven espresso machine.

The Lavasa coffee powder is geting consumed quickly.

Thanks all ever helpful forum members. This thread is my treasure trove and I get the aroma of good coffee whenever I open this thread and go through the postings.

Hi Amitnoida,

I have also bought Morphy Richards cafe Express , on using it gave a me a scare .I find the steam under high pressure is spewing everywhere and if one is careless will get scalded.How is it with you ,i dont know wether iam doing thing right ,used the measuring jar for 2 cups and appropriate coffee powder put .can you help on the procedure,typically coffee for 2 people.

If you are talking about frothing milk, keep the nozzle tip submerged deep in milk.

No the steam seem to come thro the coffee filter as well as the main tank.In fact i bought 2 units both have the same problem.Wondering if iam doing something wrong.Anyway trying to call up LETSBUY for a return.

Hi Amitnoida,

I have also bought Morphy Richards cafe Express , on using it gave a me a scare .I find the steam under high pressure is spewing everywhere and if one is careless will get scalded.How is it with you ,i dont know wether iam doing thing right ,used the measuring jar for 2 cups and appropriate coffee powder put .can you help on the procedure,typically coffee for 2 people.

this happens if the pressure cap is not screwed in properly...trying screwing it in tightly by turning clockwise..there should be no leakage of steam in that case...

No the steam seem to come thro the coffee filter as well as the main tank.In fact i bought 2 units both have the same problem.Wondering if iam doing something wrong.Anyway trying to call up LETSBUY for a return.

Just out of curiosity, have you considered a French press? Its probably the simplest contraption to make coffee - even simpler than the filter coffee percolator. You can easily control the strength of the decoction by changing the amount of coffee powder. Apart from espresso machines that start from a few hundred dollars even for the manual ones, this is probably the most useful coffee maker, and you can buy and keep this even if you have/prefer an electronic machine.

IMHO, the secret to good coffee for the Indian palate is using boiled milk instead of milk from the refrigerator and using freshly ground powder as opposed to store bought powder. Again, a small coffee grinder is very compact and very reasonably priced. Coffee powder becomes stale very quickly and easily, and loses most of its flavor and aroma. I haven't even had luck with so-called airtight jars.

Just out of curiosity, have you considered a French press? Its probably the simplest contraption to make coffee - even simpler than the filter coffee percolator. You can easily control the strength of the decoction by changing the amount of coffee powder. Apart from espresso machines that start from a few hundred dollars even for the manual ones, this is probably the most useful coffee maker, and you can buy and keep this even if you have/prefer an electronic machine.

IMHO, the secret to good coffee for the Indian palate is using boiled milk instead of milk from the refrigerator and using freshly ground powder as opposed to store bought powder. Again, a small coffee grinder is very compact and very reasonably priced. Coffee powder becomes stale very quickly and easily, and loses most of its flavor and aroma. I haven't even had luck with so-called airtight jars.

HI,
I learnt a good lesson, trying to recover from my lost investment.Thought i will show my mom how coffee is made in modern times , guess she had the last laugh , old wisdom will last forever

Milk loses its divine lip-smacking flavor once boiled. 1st time heating/boiling from milk packet is the most you should do. Re-heating is no-no. Tetrapak milk is horrible ... dead. Avoid like plague.

Coffee does go stale, even though a hint of alluring aroma may exist, the proof is in tasting freshly ground coffee IMHO.

--G0bble

Coffee does go stale, even though a hint of alluring aroma may exist, the proof is in tasting freshly ground coffee IMHO.

--G0bble

Whmm.. so a dedicated small coffee grinder makes sense, I think. Any model suggested? The aroma of Coffee is the most important, which goes away with storage, whatever way one stores it.

Whmm.. so a dedicated small coffee grinder makes sense, I think. Any model suggested? The aroma of Coffee is the most important, which goes away with storage, whatever way one stores it.

We had a Braun coffee grinder. Very compact (as big as a large coffee mug), very simple to use (no buttons, you twist and press down the lid to operate it), lasted a ridiculous number of years. Ours was a blade type - burr type grinders are supposed to be superior and give a more consistent grind but are also more difficult to clean. The best burr type grinder is the old school hand cranked cast iron coffee grinder that you can clamp onto your kitchen counter.

Milk loses its divine lip-smacking flavor once boiled.

Also cold milk is recommended for proper frothing.

That is interesting to know. I've had the exact opposite experience in trying to make a good cuppa South Indian filter coffee. Started using boiled milk and it drastically improved the taste. I guess boiled milk is traditionally used in south indian filter coffee but I'm not sure if it is done for hygiene reasons or for taste or both. Don't baristas use hot milk to make coffee?

That is interesting to know. I've had the exact opposite experience in trying to make a good cuppa South Indian filter coffee. Started using boiled milk and it drastically improved the taste. I guess boiled milk is traditionally used in south indian filter coffee but I'm not sure if it is done for hygiene reasons or for taste or both. Don't baristas use hot milk to make coffee?

I meant to say, 1st time just boiled/heated milk is best when used immediately. Re-heating or slow boil over time will rob its flavor.

--G0bble

There are a number of freeze dried coffee options on amazon. The ones I like are Nescafe Gold and Continental Black Edition. Davidoff also has some good options

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back