Amazon.de - amazing service, best prices, same 220V - 5 days delivery

I received my 1612 yesterday morning, in just 58 hrs from Amazon.de!! I ordered it last sunday night.

Now looking for matching speakers to order from Amazon or get it from local dealers.

Going slightly off-topic - Ashkapur, would you suggest a Polk tsi 300 5.1 for my Denon 1612 or a wharfedale 9.5? Currently I am little confused between these two, may also consider Tsi400. So wanted your view on this?

Thanks

I auditioned both the Tsi 300 and 400's. Ended up with the 400's. The bass in them was just much tighter and fuller? They have an extra mid-bass driver as compared to the 300's. I'm very happy with them so far.

Haven't heard the wharfedales as yet so can't comment.

Thanks. The return shipping label is a UPS shipping label and you need to work with UPS and pay them ? Any issues expected with export declaration forms and German customs while returning it ?

It's not a UPS shipping label. Just a regular label that has a barcode on it that needs to be printed out and stuck onto the box.

I'm not expecting any issued when returning it. Seems pretty straightforward.

Difference is that they do not have the EUR 40 bug in the system :-) I selected a audio system and it shows EUR 87 as shipping charges :indifferent14:

Amazon.it is equally good !! 2 months ago, I had bought Onkyo SKS-22X center and surround speakers and it was delivered in less than 3 days.

Update: Just received the replacement projector, but theres a problem with this one too. The zoom dial seems to be broken. It isn't zooming in or out and its just completely free without any torque.

Sent an email to amazon.de and they've told me that since this is the 2nd time theres a problem, they will not be sending me a replacement but will give me the full refund instead now. Their reasoning for this is that the shipment they have received is probably a defective batch.

thanks for sharing your experience. Can you share the seller name? He must be recommended for his efforts.

Just saw your post. It's JustMusic. They refunded VAT but it goes to Amazon.de and they refund it to my card account.

So like I said before if you are buying from a third party ( unless the web page says " sold and shipped by Amazon.de " ) better to contact the third party before buying and get all issues clarified like 1) What carrier will they use to ship it
2) if they will be charging customs duties in advance and 3) If they will be refunding VAT and how it was to be done ( like do you have to send back any documents etc.).

If it's a direct Amaon.de sale then there is no problem ( I guess) like everyone has been saying.

Cheers.

with euro touching 70, amazon.de, i find, is no more feasible. and most of the popular models of AVR like Denon 1912 and Onkyo 609 are either not available or the prices have increased.

The new Denon line **13 are available, but almost all models dont ship to India.!

In case any of you sent something back to Amazon.de, which courier company did you use?

Can't use UPS as they require an import / export certificate which I obviously don't have.

Denon 1612 is available on Amazon.de from today. Item will be shipped after May 28. Book now. Use only VISA card and you will get EUR 30 discount. Total I paid EUR 278,35 including custom, shipping and price.

Select 4 neu and select shipper as Amazon.de. Other shipper will not work. Display price of 1612 is EUR 221. With VISA card EUR 186.

This is exactly why I was asking you as to how you intend to send it back to Amazon. But I left it at that as you were confident of the process being pretty straightforward.

Again my 2'c, be a little wary of how you send it, make sure you choose the right shipper, else it could potentially get stuck in German customs gates for ever, especially since VAT was not paid on the item. And once you cross a certain time threshold, amazon will put a hold on your card for the additional units they shipped to you.

Take proper printouts of the the exchanges which clearly make it out as a defective piece being returned. The amazon mailing printout is usefull only at the amazon center, till then you are on your own.

In case any of you sent something back to Amazon.de, which courier company did you use?

Can't use UPS as they require an import / export certificate which I obviously don't have.

>> Use only VISA card and you will get EUR 30 discount

Unless you are looking at a different offer, you need to apply for a credit card from Amazon to get this discount. And why would you get approved for a german credit card sitting here in India ?

Denon 1612 is available on Amazon.de from today. Item will be shipped after May 28. Book now. Use only VISA card and you will get EUR 30 discount. Total I paid EUR 278,35 including custom, shipping and price.

Select 4 neu and select shipper as Amazon.de. Other shipper will not work. Display price of 1612 is EUR 221. With VISA card EUR 186.

Unless you are looking at a different offer, you need to apply for a credit card from Amazon to get this discount. And why would you get approved for a german credit card sitting here in India ?

I had similar query. This discount works for any VISA card(meaning Indian visa cards) or only for amazon cards? If amazon, is it possible at all to get one? (which I doubt?!)

please some one cook a deal for a 3TB Hdd or portable 1Tb please !!!! :)

expected deal 3TB < 109USD , portable 1Tb <90USd

may be a 15USD ship + customs i will pay

Just a word to the wise. In case you need to send anything back to Amazon.de, it will end up being very difficult for you as an individual.

All courier companies will treat it as a commercial shipment and WILL require an import/export certificate (code) to send this shipment back to Germany.

Thankfully my company has this code so I will be able to send it back, but keep this in mind before you go ahead and buy something from amazon.de.

I had similar query. This discount works for any VISA card(meaning Indian visa cards) or only for amazon cards? If amazon, is it possible at all to get one? (which I doubt?!)

The discount worked on my HDFC visa credit card. I purchased 1612 couple of weeks back for total 19K from Amazon. So if you have any international Visa card (from any bank in India/abroad), you can go ahead and avail the discount.

If you want to check, go ahead with your card details and they will show you the final price. There you can check whether the discount was applied or not. If not, you can always cancel the order immidiately :)

I have Indian ICICI Bank VISA Credit card and Amazon.de accepted and provided me EUR 30 discount. No need to apply German VISA Credit Card. Some other member in this forum also confirmed the same.

As, I mentioned in post and after my Indian VISA card registration prices revised to EUR 186 from EUR 221.

Here is paste from confirmation mail for Denon 1612. I have added English translations.
-------------------------------------------------
Bestellnummer: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Versand: Internationale Express-Zustellung
Artikel (Price): EUR 185,72
Verpackung & Versand (Packing & Shipping): EUR 40,00
------
Gesamtsumme ohne MwSt. (Total): EUR 225,72
MwSt. (VAT): EUR 0,00
Vorauszahlung der Importgebhr (Advance Payment for Custom): EUR 52,63
------
Gesamtbetrag (Final Total): EUR 278,35

I tried with a Visa forex card just for checking but it did not apply discount.

Only catch is it does not work with any VISA card. It has to be a VISA credit card(as mentioned in the amazon site) And not a VISA debit/Forex card.

So we just need any VISA credit card to, as confirmed by other FM's, to avail the discount :)

Hii Friends,

Based on various suggestion, I have placed an order of Denon-AVR1612 yesteday with Amazon.de. However, I have a small doubt and I would appreciate if anybody make me understand few things:
Total cost of the product came to 276.27EUR (Item cost=184,03 + Packaging & shipping = 40EUR + Advance payment of import fee = 52.24EUR) so according to INR it comes to Rs.19220/- and I made the payment by my master card. Now, my Questions are:
1.Do I need to pay anything additional charges till it reaches me?
2.Will it directly reach to my shipping address as mentioned by me?
3.If they say; 13 days delivery time, generally, in how many day, it reaches?
4.While adding my credit card details to Amazon.de, I have added only credit card number and expiry date, but they did not take any CVV number or Bank secured login password, how they will process it?
5.I have placed the order yesterday, however, it is not reflecting in my credit statement of my bank. When will it reflect?
6.How to add another product to my existing order which is already placed?
Thanks in advance.
Shiva

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back