Amazon.de - amazing service, best prices, same 220V - 5 days delivery

Which courier did they use for shipping? DHL?

they are shipping mine via UPS...below is current shipment status

Location Date Local Time Activity
Koeln, Germany 02/29/2012 5:14 A.M. Departure Scan
Koeln, Germany 02/28/2012 11:52 P.M. Export Scan
02/28/2012 11:40 P.M. Export Scan
02/28/2012 11:28 P.M. Arrival Scan
Herne-Boernig, Germany 02/28/2012 10:00 P.M. Departure Scan
02/28/2012 9:10 P.M. Origin Scan
Germany 02/28/2012 12:51 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Well I ordered it yesterday only.. From AMazon.com and Monoprice.com
Initially charged 49.12 Rs per 1 dollar... Exchange charges will reflect on the monthly statement only.. Well It was my friend's CC (visa card) which I used..

Hi I think you are right,

total charged amount (as per sms) 318.59 EUR & as per EUR rate 66.0238 it should total to 21034.52 INR

As per my available credit card available balance, i calculate this purchase to total 21907.61 INR & hence it concludes that the exchange charges should be 873.09 Rs.

@kittu: you see any extra charges i.e the exchange rate charges if you calculated?

however can confirm about the rates only after getting the statement

Mine was 21093 , I received sms from my bank.

Normally some banks charge the foreign exchange transactions with charges+commission+service tax at the payment stage itself and some banks charge it later on. So I think Kittu's case falls in the later. No bank will absorb the exchange rate charges when converting from xx to xx currency for both credit and debit cards.

Normally some banks charge the foreign exchange transactions with charges+commission+service tax at the payment stage itself and some banks charge it later on. So I think Kittu's case falls in the later. No bank will absorb the exchange rate charges when converting from xx to xx currency for both credit and debit cards.

You had to take away my happiness with clear info , han...:sad:

:p (pun)

@kittu

when i login to amazon.de & go to my account & go to view open orders or any order option, then it says no order found...but the item is shipped & can be tracked...can you check your account & see if the order is displaying

@kittu

when i login to amazon.de & go to my account & go to view open orders or any order option, then it says no order found...but the item is shipped & can be tracked...can you check your account & see if the order is displaying

Click on view order summary. I can see it.

You had to take away my happiness with clear info , han...:sad:

:p (pun)

May be you are the most preferred customer of your bank that they will absorb the charges :clapping:. So hang in, there might be some exceptions.. so not ruling out the possibilities of nil charges;)

May be you are the most preferred customer of your bank that they will absorb the charges :clapping:. So hang in, there might be some exceptions.. so not ruling out the possibilities of nil charges;)

If indeed the bank does not charge (I hope they dont charge you) then please PM me your bank name I will try to get a credit card from them..:ohyeah::p

The JBL Germany site says the power specs req. for jbl es250p as 120V see ES250PWCH - JBL

But the product i buyed online & in the images there it showed 220-230V as below image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do not know what is coming now :rolleyes:

Last edited:

My typical experience has been that the bank charges almost Rs.2 per unit more than the exchange rate.

My typical experience has been that the bank charges almost Rs.2 per unit more than the exchange rate.

Yes each bank has its owns rates based on there own calculation to arrive at the profit/loss/margin figures and then setting the buy/sell rates.

they are shipping mine via UPS...below is current shipment status

Location Date Local Time Activity
Koeln, Germany 02/29/2012 5:14 A.M. Departure Scan
Koeln, Germany 02/28/2012 11:52 P.M. Export Scan
02/28/2012 11:40 P.M. Export Scan
02/28/2012 11:28 P.M. Arrival Scan
Herne-Boernig, Germany 02/28/2012 10:00 P.M. Departure Scan
02/28/2012 9:10 P.M. Origin Scan
Germany 02/28/2012 12:51 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Arrived - Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Wednesday, 02/29/2012

I just wanted to share my & my friend's experience with you guys on amazon.de. I had ordered the optoma 3D-XL from there and got it delivered to my Friend's hotel address (at Freising, near Munich) in 2 days, with zero shipping charges. I actually had taken the Amzon prime membership for a free trial of one month - and because of that the shipping was free (only within Germany).
I actually wanted to cancel the amazon prime membership after a month's trial period so that I am not charged the 29 Euros yearly fees at the end of the trial period. I however completely forgot about it and remembered it only after 2 days past that one month period when my credit card was charged 29 euros. I sent them a mail (in English) asking them to reverse the payment and got a reply back within 30 minutes explaining (in English) why I was charged 29 euros and how I can go ahead and cancel the membership and get back the payment. I followed the steps (the link actually was a English language page of amazon.de) and canceled my prime membership and immediately got a confirmation that my credit card will be credited with 29 euros in 3-5 days time.
As I mentioned, like vine, a colleague of mine had ordered Denon 1912 for less than 30k and got it delivered within 5 days in perfect condition.

I just wanted to share my & my friend's experience with you guys on amazon.de. I had ordered the optoma 3D-XL from there and got it delivered to my Friend's hotel address (at Freising, near Munich) in 2 days, with zero shipping charges. I actually had taken the Amzon prime membership for a free trial of one month - and because of that the shipping was free (only within Germany).
I actually wanted to cancel the amazon prime membership after a month's trial period so that I am not charged the 29 Euros yearly fees at the end of the trial period. I however completely forgot about it and remembered it only after 2 days past that one month period when my credit card was charged 29 euros. I sent them a mail (in English) asking them to reverse the payment and got a reply back within 30 minutes explaining (in English) why I was charged 29 euros and how I can go ahead and cancel the membership and get back the payment. I followed the steps (the link actually was a English language page of amazon.de) and canceled my prime membership and immediately got a confirmation that my credit card will be credited with 29 euros in 3-5 days time.
As I mentioned, like vine, a colleague of mine had ordered Denon 1912 for less than 30k and got it delivered within 5 days in perfect condition.

Expecting this from an Indian company would be a distant dream. Couple of days back I bought a hosting alongwith domain name from net4.in without realizing that they charge additional amount for database. Within few seconds I realized the mistake and asked them to cancel the hosting which they have not even bothered to reply.

This is how majority do business in our country. In Indian business there is a thin line between daylight robbery and genuine business.

Placed Order for JBL SUB,
Waiting for Card approval from Amazon....
Thanks Kittu,
It was a pleasure speaking to u...
:yahoo::

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back