new subwoofer help

My choice would be svs sb2000. I dont like ported subs as they go beyond what is actually made. For the ported fans pb2000 or even pb1000 may do good. Polk hts12 might also do good on a budget - may be 2 of those, but will miss out those parametric eq of svs if u wish to tune

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-10-10 at 17.45.48_1a9653f0.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-10-10 at 17.45.48_1a9653f0.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 17
  • sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 11
  • sub 22.jpg
    sub 22.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 14
are you going to help with this setting? LFE ONLY OR LFE+MAINS then crossover for dali opticon 2? set them small or large? for 2.1 setup for movies and also for indian music?
To start with,

Run Audyssey for all 8 points. (Read up on how to do this correctly)

Set all speakers to small.
Set all crossovers to 80.

In my setup, for listening to music in pure direct, I have set the front speakers to large and lfe to 'LFE + Main' crossover to 80, as I wanted to use my subwoofer in pure direct two channel listening.

To start with,

In my setup, for listening to music in pure direct, I have set the front speakers to large and lfe to 'LFE + Main' crossover to 80, as I wanted to use my subwoofer in pure direct two channel listening.
svs support has said this only
Run the calibration, then after go to Setup/Speakers/Manual
Make sure speakers are set to small under speaker configuration
Set Crossover to 60hz for speakers
Go to Bass and make sure it is set to LFE not LFE plus main

To start with,

As told by svs customer support i set crossover to 60hz and using lfe only. But the thing is it has made my dali opticon 2 like generic sounding flat. also i ran movie with volume 45 only on denon x4800h and subwoofer never sounded in movie no time to die opening scene. waht is going on. what to do. I ran audessey setup then setup crossover to 60 and then LFE . AT FIRST AUDESSEY SETUP GAVE THIS ERROR. then worked 2nd time in setting up also in 2nd image there is some white fibre coming out on bottom of cone? is this normal

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-10-12 at 19.57.08_791386ed.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-10-12 at 19.57.08_791386ed.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 21
  • svs fibre.jpg
    svs fibre.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 19
Set subwoofer volume to 50% in the subwoofer, run audyssey. After that, set crossover for all speakers to 80.

Let us know what levels it has set for speakers and sub.

Set subwoofer volume to 50% in the subwoofer, run audyssey. After that, set crossover for all speakers to 80.

Let us know what levels it has set for speakers and sub.
the thing hapeening is that if i sit on my chair my usual place i cant hear bass but when i sit on floor just in front of my subwoofer its deep bass wtf is happening?

the thing hapeening is that if i sit on my chair my usual place i cant hear bass but when i sit on floor just in front of my subwoofer its deep bass wtf is happening?
I guess you are doing something wrong while calibrating. I had a PC 2000 and it was good for movies.
Assuming your room is small to medium, the subwoofer is very much capable of doing what it is supposed to do.
I would suggest you to read about the basic Audyssey calibration and do it from start. It is not that tough and meant for laymen like us. You may need to do your research on the net and do it patiently. Repeat it till you are satisfied.

Last edited:
As told by svs customer support i set crossover to 60hz and using lfe only. But the thing is it has made my dali opticon 2 like generic sounding flat. also i ran movie with volume 45 only on denon x4800h and subwoofer never sounded in movie no time to die opening scene. waht is going on. what to do. I ran audessey setup then setup crossover to 60 and then LFE . AT FIRST AUDESSEY SETUP GAVE THIS ERROR. then worked 2nd time in setting up also in 2nd image there is some white fibre coming out on bottom of cone? is this normal
It will need a fews hours on running for the sub to deliver. Don't be worried. The lfe on avr should be 80-100.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back