new subwoofer help

OP, I am curious what you mean by room filling bass. The signal is present in the source, typically you can increase or decrease it (where you say you don't want loud) so it almost sounds like you want to create lower bass frequencies than in the signal such that they are not perceived as loud and "fills the room". If so then you might need a subharmonic synthesizer, I think this will do that. It's been a while but last I checked dbx made one. If you mean something else please do say what you mean. Hope this helps and enjoy the music.

PS - Thank you for the trip down memory lane with your music.
i mean the bass that starts at 0:33 here in this song. it is like bum bum bass i want this type to be a room filling experience not bum bum i hope u got me

Hi, let me elaborate a little on my previous post.

First I saw the video (thank you again, this brought back memories, I haven't heard this song in many years, likely decades, this was nice for nostalgia though I don't enjoy Indian music) and the bass you refer to is pretty high in frequency in my opinion, it is not "low". Now you say you want bass that isn't loud, so you can just lower the volume, then you add that you wish for it to be room filling. This makes me think maybe you want the bass in the song to be lower in frequency so that it "hurts" the ears less as lower bass tends to be softer on the ears in general and as you go lower in frequency we hear it as "less loud" subjectively. Also due to the subjective nature of low bass in can be perceived as room filling, along with any rumbling/resonating of the items in the room. So if we assume that this is what you want then let's see what we can do.

Now there are two ways that I can think of to make the bass in a source lower than it actually is. Before I get into that, please note that this will be altering the signal, you can't change the source but you can alter the signal output. So this will not be "accurate", just for your information. What you might be asking for is something that is not present in the source, please understand that might be the case. Now the first option is to use the subharmonic synthesizer like I mentioned, this should create notes below the fundamental if I remember it right. If I have it wrong hopefully somebody will correct this. The second option is to use a DSP, what you want to do here is to possibly limit the upper bandwidth of the sub, using a low LPF, say 60Hz and then bump the 30-50Hz region, maybe cut the 60-100Hz region. Further cuts could be made upstream in the midrange and HF to lessen the harshness of the sound/bass, based on the music I assume this will be preferable to make the sound smooth, sweet and less offensive. If the DSP can and you wish to experiment then altering the time aspect, in terms of delay and phase could yield more of what you want. Time distortion often has a unique sound and is something most people do not observe, even if they claim to be experts. You could use both the synthesizer and DSP in conjunction, I think this will give you what you want but it needs to be setup properly. Again this is all based on the hypothesis that you might want lower bass than is present in the source. Hope this helps and if I made a mistake or did not understand what you want, please let me know. Good luck.

Hi, let me elaborate a little on my previous post.

First I saw the video (thank you again, this brought back memories, I haven't heard this song in many years, likely decades, this was nice for nostalgia though I don't enjoy Indian music) and the bass you refer to is pretty high in frequency in my opinion, it is not "low". Now you say you want bass that isn't loud, so you can just lower the volume, then you add that you wish for it to be room filling. This makes me think maybe you want the bass in the song to be lower in frequency so that it "hurts" the ears less as lower bass tends to be softer on the ears in general and as you go lower in frequency we hear it as "less loud" subjectively. Also due to the subjective nature of low bass in can be perceived as room filling, along with any rumbling/resonating of the items in the room. So if we assume that this is what you want then let's see what we can do.

Now there are two ways that I can think of to make the bass in a source lower than it actually is. Before I get into that, please note that this will be altering the signal, you can't change the source but you can alter the signal output. So this will not be "accurate", just for your information. What you might be asking for is something that is not present in the source, please understand that might be the case. Now the first option is to use the subharmonic synthesizer like I mentioned, this should create notes below the fundamental if I remember it right. If I have it wrong hopefully somebody will correct this. The second option is to use a DSP, what you want to do here is to possibly limit the upper bandwidth of the sub, using a low LPF, say 60Hz and then bump the 30-50Hz region, maybe cut the 60-100Hz region. Further cuts could be made upstream in the midrange and HF to lessen the harshness of the sound/bass, based on the music I assume this will be preferable to make the sound smooth, sweet and less offensive. If the DSP can and you wish to experiment then altering the time aspect, in terms of delay and phase could yield more of what you want. Time distortion often has a unique sound and is something most people do not observe, even if they claim to be experts. You could use both the synthesizer and DSP in conjunction, I think this will give you what you want but it needs to be setup properly. Again this is all based on the hypothesis that you might want lower bass than is present in the source. Hope this helps and if I made a mistake or did not understand what you want, please let me know. Good luck.
thank you for this and your time. let me first buy a sub then will get back to you

I would recommend Rythmik L12 or the Rel HT1210
Ok so i have increased budget. Willsvs pb 1000 pro thebest for 11x11room? Any other model u suggest from svs?
If u can stretch to pb2000 pro😅...or even pb3000pro...i love rel and JL audio from what looks on paper and booo talks...but wothout auditioning never buying these after my denon x4800 encounter!!!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back