new subwoofer help

Ascendo sv12
They are really nice. I auditioned 3-4 months ago, and at the same time I auditioned for Monolith too. Monolith is really good for movies, but Ascendo is good for movies and music—a really good one for the price.

@hardcore_gamer99

and also consider Rythmik.

If you can audition some of the subwoofers everyone mentioned above, it will be much easier to decide which one you like. Every brand has their own characteristics.

Decadent_Spectre is right. There is no deep bass in any of Gupt songs. And definitely not the room filling kind. I have heard the original master. It’s more of a punchy bass which sounds good in car systems. In the early 90s most Hindi soundtracks were mastered to sound good on boom boxes and car audio

i am on tight budget now. can you best budget bang for buck subwoofer with room filling bass not LOUD BASS. budget 50000 and room is
height 10.5 feet length 13 feet width 11 feet
I am bit puzzled by your requirements. You spend an estimated 3lacs on an AV Receiver (estimated Denon 4800 cost) and you don't have the budget for a good sub woofer? Great, room filling bass (in your words) will not be found on a cheap Rs. 50,000 sub woofer. At the very minimum you'll need a Polk Audio HTS12 level of a sub woofer. Note that this isn't a GREAT sub woofer. It is okay. Its not going to rattle your fillings out.

I am bit puzzled by your requirements. You spend an estimated 3lacs on an AV Receiver (estimated Denon 4800 cost) and you don't have the budget for a good sub woofer? Great, room filling bass (in your words) will not be found on a cheap Rs. 50,000 sub woofer. At the very minimum you'll need a Polk Audio HTS12 level of a sub woofer. Note that this isn't a GREAT sub woofer. It is okay. Its not going to rattle your fillings out.
Denon 4800 approximate price 1.48 to 1.55 after discount. May be 3 laks is mrp.

Is that a official reseller purchase price and with a warranty? If Yes, then great.
The point I am trying to drive is, you spend huge amounts on a amplifier for its quality but you play the cheap card for the other components in the chain. You don't want to compromise on performance. How is that possible!

Is that a official reseller purchase price and with a warranty? If Yes, then great.
The point I am trying to drive is, you spend huge amounts on a amplifier for its quality but you play the cheap card for the other components in the chain. You don't want to compromise on performance. How is that possible!
Yes its with official warrenty. Apart from amplifier sub and center channel are key components.
And i think Fm increased budget from 50k.

bought for 1.65lakhs and increased my budget already actually i was buying cheaper temporarily only. I am thinking of ascendo 12 vented now

Firstly let your speakers and avr run for a good 150-200hrs, see how the sound settles, then move the speakers away from the rear wall as much as possible. What streaming service are you using to listen to these songs? After all this decide what subwoofer you need. With incorrect placement your so called 'room filling bass sub' will also sound boomy.

3 lakhs mrp is a ridiculous price for it which they first increase to and bring it down to what it should be and then offer it as a discount.

Firstly let your speakers and avr run for a good 150-200hrs, see how the sound settles, then move the speakers away from the rear wall as much as possible. What streaming service are you using to listen to these songs? After all this decide what subwoofer you need. With incorrect placement your so called 'room filling bass sub' will also sound boomy.
i am in my living room so cant do much. On left side a big pc table is here. and in front tv unit 65 inches is there. i also cant put dali speakers much away from wall.

3 lakhs mrp is a ridiculous price for it which they first increase to and bring it down to what it should be and then offer it as a discount.
i bought it from authorised retailer. i put pressure on retailer through authorised wholesaler. Else would have boguht at 2lakhs. also many frauds were selling it to me at 1.45lakhs also. May be illegally importing them. so i went with proper retailer authorised

i am in my living room so cant do much. On left side a big pc table is here. and in front tv unit 65 inches is there. i also cant put dali speakers much away from wall.
Then leave them at the furthest point and wait till the speakers and amp has done 150-200 hrs to understand what the sound is. Without knowing what the final sound is making random purchases is heading nowhere. You'll just end up wasting money and collecting equipment which doesn't sound like you want. Your source from which you play the song also plays a vital role.

Last edited:
Then leave them at the furthest point and wait till the speakers and amp has done 150-200 hrs to understand what the sound is. Without knowing what the final sound is making random purchases is heading nowhere. You'll just end up wasting money and collecting equipment which doesn't sound like you want. Your source from which you play the song also plays a vital role.
my full setup till now:
SONY OLED 65 INCHES
DENON X4800H
PANASONIC UB820 I WILL ALSO PLAY ORIGINAL BOLLYWOOD MUSIC CDS FROM THIS
DALI OPTIOCN 2 MK2

Is there an option to use audyssey for 2 channel setup? Why not try that if thats possible too see if the sound improves.

Yes, possible. I tried. Need to critically listen to find difference. Pre amp to poweramp to speakers sounds slightly better than audysy denon
But @hardcore_gamer99 doesnt have a pre power, so if the audyssey can help him find better sound than what's on offer now, no harm in trying it. You guys should probably guide him to videos or sources from where he can understand and use it to his benefit.

But @hardcore_gamer99 doesnt have a pre power, so if the audyssey can help him find better sound than what's on offer now, no harm in trying it. You guys should probably guide him to videos or sources from where he can understand and use it to his benefit.
I meant trying audysy 2 channel calibration on my denon x4800 with speaker layout set to 2channel and was comparing that setup with directly driving the 2channels from amp fed by schiit pre amp(headphone amp)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back