The Movies I Liked

Two movies in 2 days.

Fast and Furious 5- After the first one this one will be my next choice. fast,grippy,lotssa car smashing and Rock and vindiesel..What else we want to be a paisa vasool experience!
Story may have tons of loopholes but the movie is worth a watch in a cinema hall once.
Dwayne johnson makes Vin diesel look so small

POTC- A tad disappointing. Less action and slow paced. Ya it had the wit and humour of johnny depp and the beautiful locales along with the beautiful mermaids but the movie was missing the soul of the earlier series.
I would have loved to see penelope in earlier ones too!
It could have been shorten by 20mins atleast.
Guess the end dropped a hint of another sequel with penelope in it!

Is Gaganam is dubbed Payanam or is Payanam a dubbed Gaganam?:)

Cheers

not too sure on this but it released some time back simultaneously in telugu and tamil (gaganam /payanam)

since most of the characters are from the telugu industry, i guess Gaganam should be the original

Saw the following movies in a recent trip and liked them a lot

I Am Number Four (2011) - IMDb
Good Sc-fi movie, interesting concept (although not special), decent action.

The Fighter (2010) - IMDb
Good acting my Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale. Nice drama.

The Mechanic (2011) - IMDb

Already discussed, nice movie. BTW, the amp is a Jolida 302B and the turntable is Pro-ject RPM series 9.2 Turntable (from the net discussions).

Limitless [2011]

Limitless (2011) - IMDb

A very good Mystery/Drama movie. Good cinematography, editing and back ground score. The last conversation between Bradley Cooper and De Niro is very well done. The story is long and fast.

cheers.

Aashayein

Storyline

Aashayein is the story of Rahul (John Abraham), a gambler. He collapses down just after his long-time girlfriend Nafisa(Sonal Sehgal) accepts his marriage proposal. Later, on medical check-up, it is revealed that Rahul has got Lung Cancer, presumably by his smoking habits, and that he has got only 3 more months to live.

Aashayein (2010) - IMDb

V.

Battle of Los Angeles [2011]

Battle of Los Angeles (Video 2011) - IMDb

A Sci-Fi/Action movie. The story is the same old extraterrestrial invasion epic, but the action sequences are done very well. Watch this movie only for action sequences.

cheers.

Action scenes and the movie is done real well , wonder why this had bad reviews ,in fact i just loved the whole movie and the realistic way it has been shot + the background score goes well with the action

IMO this is one of the better war movies against alien invaders
definetly very enjoyable

This Saturday watched 3 Movies.

Cars: i want to watch this movie after seeing the trailer of its 2 part, and i was not disappointing at all , a good movie with good animation and heart touching story.

Iron Man: after a long delay i was able to finally watch this movie and it is a good action + Sci-fi movie.

Teen they Bhai : I m pritty choosy in watching Hindi movies but this movie was on my list form its release date, its a good time pass comedy movie with some great acting by Om Puri,also it have some good sound tracks.

'The boy in the striped pyjamas' - a good movie on World War period. The agony and suffering of Jews by German is captured in the movie and it touches the heart. The little German boy Bruno's friendship with a Jews boy is depicted beutifully. The end is very sad through masacre in the gas chamber, where Bruno is also died.

Similar period movie and sufferings of Jews, I have seen in another movie 'Pianist'.

Action scenes and the movie is done real well , wonder why this had bad reviews ,in fact i just loved the whole movie and the realistic way it has been shot + the background score goes well with the action

IMO this is one of the better war movies against alien invaders
definetly very enjoyable

What I loved most about this movie is the sound. It had incredible sound mixing.

For a low budget action flick, it was extremely well done and at times reminded me of District 9.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back