The Movies I Liked

Pixar Short Films Collection Volume 1

Source: 1080p BRRip.

A collection of 13 short 3d animations from 1984 to 2006. Only the first video is in stereo sound where as others are 5.1

Amelie (french) - Splendid cherishable experience....Will remember the movie for long long time....The director has taken filmcraft to mindblowing levels....

Spent the afternoon today watching "Gunfight at the Ok Corral". Was able to pick up a VCD at one of the Kolkata malls, just a few days back.

I had watched it earlier in a cinema hall (think, it was Archana, GK 2-Delhi) some 25 years ago with my Dad.

Definitely, one of the best Westerns ever made.

I quite like the films of DAVID LEAN, his depiction, transformation of a easy script into a viewing wonder was just an experience, I list the films I'hv seen

1. THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI
so lucid yet vivid portrayal, superb act by Willaim Holden- I owe a lot to this fellow as I was so impressed with his performance in SUNSET BOULEVARD

2.LAWRENCE OF ARABIA
David Lean's tendency to explore new geography with a historic touch produced another gem, Peter O'Toole was awesome and so was Omar Sharif who showed what does it mean by supporting role, Anthony Quinn was as effortless as ever in his little cameo, want to see this film in theatre with surround, have any one of you seen the blu-ray version?

3.DOCTOR ZHIVAGO
Those who has read the original novel can compare, but to me it was a splendid job done by both DL and again Omar Sharif, we hardly see him in lead role, I have not seen such true camera work in showing the usual changes in nature, an absolute masterpiece

4. RYAN'S DAUGHTER
another epic, this if one of the most underrated DL production, Robert Mitchum did a fantastic job, I felt the screenplay could have been more trimmer, never the less another one to remember who appreciates DL, don't remember much about it

5. A PASSAGE TO INDIA
now we see real, artful India with such exotic and interesting landscapes, all credits to DL for choosing such a topic and executing it in a near perfect manner, in my opinion Victor Banerjee and Roshan Seth excelled as actors and showed what they had to offer in meaningful roles

share views and other films directed by David Lean, probably I have missed quite few but hopefully not the great ones

all in all he was a director par excellence

Untraceable

Storyline

A secret service agent, Jennifer Marsh, gets caught in a very personal and deadly cat-and-mouse game with a serial killer who knows that people (being what they are - both curious and drawn to the dark side of things) will log onto an "untraceable" website where he conducts violent and painful murders LIVE on the net. The more people who log on and enter the website, the quicker and more violently the victim dies.

Untraceable (2008) - IMDb

V.

Last edited:
Tomorrow, When the War Began

Storyline

Seven Australian teenage friends from a small town go on a camping trip to be with nature. During their trip, they see military aircraft fly overhead. What they didn't know was their country was being invaded by another country. Returning home, they discover that they are at war. With no training, they band together to fight the enemy.

Tomorrow, When the War Began (2010) - IMDb

V.

Rango (2011) - IMDb

Not your typical animation. The characters are gritty and ugly. A take on the old westerns with the primary character being a chameleon who enters a land with water shortage and becomes an unlikely hero.

May not be meant for kids as they may find the characters a bit grotesque.

True Romance (1993) - IMDb
A decent movie but definitely not Tarantino's best. Probably falls into the category of violent romance. But still interesting enough to worth a watch.

Last edited:
Delhi Belly (2011) - 3 Star rating - This film will go down in Indian Film History as the 1st (Verbal) X-Rated movie in India. I was forewarned by friend's comments, so I went well prepared. Didnt take any children along (unless you are an insane family); Now what we are seeing in this film is the changing face of the (sick side) indian mentality. I could go as far as to say its revolutionary (in a totally negative way); The expletives (from 1st scene to the last) used must be a record of some kind. The innuendos of O-Sex (at least twice in the film) and other expletive (vulgar) scenes must have made even Dada Kondke wriggle in his grave. I just cant imagine what sources Aamir Khan used to get all these passed from the Indian Censor Board without getting cut. Must see, just for gauging the Changing Indian Social Values....

Watched LIMITLESS....

Great new story. Its all about a pill...

517ozfuTfzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back