The Movies I Liked

Border Run [2013]

Border Run (2013) - IMDb

A nice Crime/Drama movie. Story is good, it's about illegal Mexican immigration to the US. Starring Sharon Stone who is really bad in her performance. But the story builds some good emotions all along, and a good twist in the end makes it even more interesting. A one time watchable.

Cheers.

4.4 ??? How did you even get to watch this ....... seems to me a total looser...

MV5BMTMyMzc3OTkwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc0MTgwNA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Revolves around Frank, an American tourist visiting Italy to mend a broken heart. Elise is an extraordinary woman who deliberately crosses his path.

The Tourist (2010) - IMDb

V.

Watched Life of Pi

Life of Pi (2012) - IMDb
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNTg2OTY2ODg5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODM5MTYxOA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

One of the toughest novel to adapt on silver screen. I have read the novel and was fascinated with depth of philosophy Yann Martel achieved to convey without a single pedantic sentence in the story.
Once the generic painful past (it is like on National Geographic), a good portion of the film strives to attach ourselves to the protagonist of the story, Pi Pattel. The viewer is immersed in this odyssey at sea, the best part of the film.
The imaginary world is very powerful and chains of magnificent paintings (the leap of the whale, the mobile night on the island, the storm, incredible strength).

MV5BNTAzMTg1NjY0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc3MTgzNA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Hanna (Ronan) is a teenage girl. Uniquely, she has the strength, the stamina, and the smarts of a soldier; these come from being raised by her father (Bana), an ex-CIA man, in the wilds of Finland. Living a life unlike any other teenager, her upbringing and training have been one and the same, all geared to making her the perfect assassin. The turning point in her adolescence is a sharp one; sent into the world by her father on a mission, Hanna journeys stealthily across Europe while eluding agents dispatched after her by a ruthless intelligence operative with secrets of her own (Ms. Blanchett). As she nears her ultimate target, Hanna faces startling revelations about her existence and unexpected questions about her humanity.

Hanna (2011) - IMDb

V.

Werck-It Raplh [2012]

Wreck-It Ralph (2012) - IMDb

A very good Animated Comedy/Family movie, about a video game "bad guy" wanted to become a good guy. Story is good with lot of gags, background score is good. Kids will definitely love this movie. Worth a watch.

Cheers.

Try Leon the Profession, Jean Reno/Natalie Portman at their best in this movie!

Agree.. It is a great one (there is a bollywood copy from the same.. I think it was Bicchoo or something else with Bobby Deol & Rani M)..

BTW, Natalie Portman was only 13 or 14 years old when she did this one.. Great performance by Reno..

'Flashback Of A Fool' shown on World Movies channel. Featuring Daniel Craig, with music of Bryan Ferry (Roxy Music), David Bowie etc. Brought back memories.

Life of Pi [2012]

Life of Pi (2012) - IMDb

A good Adventure/Drama movie. Excellent cinematography, and stunning Visual Effects. The entire ocean sequence where most of the story takes place was shot at a swimming pool and replaced by digital ocean, and not to forget the digital Bengal Tiger (Some VFX work was also done in INDIA). Good performance by Irrfan Khan.

Zero Dark Thirty [2012]

Zero Dark Thirty (2012) - IMDb

A very good War/Drama movie from the Director of Hurt Locker, about the US seals, a decade of planning/capturing and killing bin Laden . The story is told very well. Good cinematography. Worth a watch.

P.S: For those interested in reading about the VFX making for the "Life of Pi" refer the below link,

Ocean of Possibilities: The Making of Life of Pi | Flickering Myth

Cheers.

Why do people go to war? Is war a solution? Does a 19 year old understand the brutalities of war? War is not about a bunch of commandoes winning and completing a mission against all odds. There is no romance or adventure or thrill here. Even the feelings of patriotism and fighting for one's country will be lost on the first day itself. War is nothing like conveyed to us. It means losing your innocence and shattering of dreams. "All Quiet on the Western Front" is a pioneer in the anti-war brigade. It does not accuse anybody and neither justify anyone. It just shows how brutal war can be to anyone.

All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)
http://uk.imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt0020629/

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Cloud Atlas (2012) - IMDb

Everything is connected: an 1849 diary of an ocean voyage across the Pacific; letters from a composer to his friend; a thriller about a murder at a nuclear power plant; a farce about a publisher in a nursing home; a rebellious clone in futuristic Korea; and the tale of a tribe living in post-apocalyptic Hawaii, far in the future.

I found this movie to be pretty bad totally undeserving of its ranking on imdb.
It seems that imdb rankings are influenced by regional preferences so may be French people have voted this movie so high up in the rankings.There are other examples of this like the Girl with the Dragon tattoo, a Brazilian movie I think City of God.

What did you find bad about Leon?

City of God has to be one of the most amazing movies made. Top notch acting from every actor.

Leon's plot was very unconventional. Hadn't seen anything like it until its hindi remake - Bichhoo :p

To each his own I guess.

no disrespect to any one but when we discuss movies, I think experience and exposure should be considered. I am 40 years old and I think I have seen so much movies that now it is getting harder for me to be surprised by movies. when I rate movies, I rate them by
originality, script, execution of the script and so on.
it is one of the reasons that I don't like Amir Khan movies as none of them is original whereas I may like an odd Akshay Kumar or Salman Khan movie for their silly laughs.

Hmm...a Lagaan or a Rangeela or even a Rang De Basanti were far more off the beaten track than the average Akshay Kumar or, worse yet, Salman movie :)

Having said that, Akshay has matured very well as an actor.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back