The Movies I Liked

TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay Away from Keyboard (2013) - IMDb

An excellent real-life documentary film on 'The Pirate Bay Trial'.

This can be LEGALLY downloaded from the TPB site.

Or just watch it by streaming: TPB AFK

Look at the director's message in the attachment; the way the director himself is promoting the movie :clapping:

Attachments

Last edited:
Anybody here watched this movie ?

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443453/?ref_=sr_1

One of the daring and scandalous movie I've seen. It lambasted America's hollow hypocrisy in all nakedness. The film is hilarious, it carries a message, and I must admit, is made by a guy who has a talent and a brain between the ears. This is one of the far better comedies I've seen in recent years.

borat-cultural-learnings-of-america-for-make-benefit-glorious-nation-of-kazakhstan.jpg

^^ This looks like, a B Grade war movie ............ a quote from the comments ..

They use several clichs; unlimited ammo, inaccurate spraying of bullets when they shoot they're machine pistols, guys falling BEFORE the shot hits, and they fall several meters when they get shot, the Russians and the Germans speaks perfectly good English.

doesnt look worth .... :(

^^ This looks like, a B Grade war movie ............ a quote from the comments ..

doesnt look worth .... :(

You seem to blindly go by written reviews, I would suggest for a change watch the movie and then share your comments, may be it would be different / you would like it.

Cheers.

mmmmm correct to an extent, but my experience with IMDB is, the reviews and ratings atleast provide a basic status of the movie. And there is less probability that a movie will deviate too much from it, given the numbers of users who have voted for/against it, so though the ratings and review should not be taken too seriously it still provides a decent yard to measure a picture which you have no idea about its quality and worthiness.

Last edited:
The White Ribbon

The White Ribbon (2009) - IMDb

A Protestant village in northern Germany on the eve of the First World War (1913/1914). The history of children and teenagers of a choir run by the village schoolteacher and their families: the baron, the steward of the estate, the pastor, the doctor, the midwife, the peasants .. . Strange accidents occur and gradually take on the character of a punishment ritual. Who is behind all this?

A Shivering tale..... a must watch..

+1 BIG fan of Michael Haneke. If you haven't seen Funny Games .....

HAHA !! Four Lions is awesome...you have to appreciate a little British humour! :lol:

Well I'm trying to get hold of a copy of Four Lions. Meanwhile watched once again

A Very Long Engagement

A Very Long Engagement (2004) - IMDb

a_very_long_engagement_2004.jpg

In 1919, Mathilde, a young disabled tries to find her fiance Manech disappeared during the war that has just ended. Accused of self-mutilation, Manech was abandoned, along with four other soldiers, in the no man's land. All witnesses agree: the five condemned to death have been killed in the next day. But Mathilde persistently convinced that Manech is still alive and explore all available tracks. She hires a private detective named Pire (means Worse in French!), and asks to find all the veterans who crossed the border and disappeared. One of them, Clestin Poux, may have information on Manech ....... very intriguing

The cinematography is superb, with long wide shots, its a treat for HD TV owners. Nominated for the 2005 Academy Award for Best Cinematography Watch this movie on Bluray. You can even buy the bluray. I love the cinematography, the lush fields, or bombarded lands.

Hanna [2011]

Hanna (2011) - IMDb

A very good Action/Thriller movie . Story is good, and some good martial art's performance by Saoirse Ronan and very good performance by Cate Blanchett in a negative role. Good watch.

Red Dawn [2012]

Red Dawn (2012) - IMDb

A time pass Action movie. Story was a bit funny/silly IMO, but time pass action scenes. Not a must see, watch this movie if you have nothing to do.

The Burma Conspiracy [2011]

Largo Winch II (2011) - IMDb

A good Action/Adventure movie. Story is fair enough, good cinematography. Sharon Stone struggles to perform well, but in vain. Again not a must see movie, watch it for time pass.

Cheers.

Just watched Book of Eli (yeah I know.....am late :p) on my HT setup!! Mindblowing is the word that comes to mind!!! Awesome sound effects......specially the scene at the end
where Eli is attacked in that house with the old couple
....that scene is a must for any home theater demo!!

Also watched Dark Knight Rises.....overall sound is amazing but Bale's voice is all crazy. It was clipping my speakers all over the place (anyone else experience the same??)!!

Last edited:
Triangle is hell of a movie if you ask me, amazing concept and not everybody get to understand what exactly happened at the end ....

Triangle is hell of a movie if you ask me, amazing concept and not everybody get to understand what exactly happened at the end ....

I watch every movie in 5.1 but this movie is not about sound effects but the concept.

Hows the surround sound in it?

:ohyeah: Angy dude, you are getting crazy with your HT system.

Watch these movies for surround effects...

Saving Private Ryan {use dts track}

Saving Private Ryan (1998) - IMDb

The movie needs no introduction....

Transformers Movies (all of them : {use dts track}

Transformers (2007) - IMDb

Master and Commander

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003) - IMDb

Behind Enemy Lines

Behind Enemy Lines (2001) - IMDb

The Fast and the Furious trilogy ( use dts)

The Fast and the Furious (2001) - IMDb

Tron Legacy

TRON: Legacy (2010) - IMDb

Watch some of these on your new HT and then tell me. By the way, they are all good movies.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back