The Movies I Liked

The head of a giant European investment bank desperately clings to power when an American hedge fund company tries to buy them out.

The movie is in foreign language but with English Subtitles.

Le capital (2012) - IMDb

V.

my favrt bass movies..

-incredible hulk
-tron
-godzilla
-dark knight
-percy jackson nd the olympians: the lightning thief
-ironman 2
-transformers 2
-pacific rim 3d(BD not yet released)

Redemption [2013]

Redemption (2013) - IMDb

A fairly good Action/Drama movie. Not the regular Jason Statham showcase, but a bit different IMO. Story could have been better. Nice Cinematography.

G.I. Joe: Reatliation [2013]

G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013) - IMDb

A very good Action movie. Story is fine, very good cinematography and back ground score. Sound mixing for action scenes are very well done. Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis were good and fantastic Visual Effects.

12 Rounds : Reloaded [2013]

12 Rounds: Reloaded (Video 2013) - IMDb

A time pass Action movie starring another WWE superstar Randy Orton. But is not as good as "The Rock" (in other movies). His performance was okay, and the story starts of a little slow and un-interesting , but half way through starts to grab the viewers attention. Nice editing.

Assault on Wall Street [2013]

Assault on Wall Street (2013) - IMDb

A good Action/Drama movie. Story is fair enough, excellent Editing and Screenplay. Good sound mixing.

Cheers.

Redemption [2013]

Redemption (2013) - IMDb

A fairly good Action/Drama movie. Not the regular Jason Statham showcase, but a bit different IMO. Story could have been better. Nice Cinematography.

G.I. Joe: Reatliation [2013]

G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013) - IMDb

A very good Action movie. Story is fine, very good cinematography and back ground score. Sound mixing for action scenes are very well done. Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis were good and fantastic Visual Effects.

12 Rounds : Reloaded [2013]

12 Rounds: Reloaded (Video 2013) - IMDb

A time pass Action movie starring another WWE superstar Randy Orton. But is not as good as "The Rock" (in other movies). His performance was okay, and the story starts of a little slow and un-interesting , but half way through starts to grab the viewers attention. Nice editing.

Assault on Wall Street [2013]

Assault on Wall Street (2013) - IMDb

A good Action/Drama movie. Story is fair enough, excellent Editing and Screenplay. Good sound mixing.

Cheers.

Was that Sunday Experience ....OMG 4 movies in 1 day !!!

Watched couple of movies gone weekend ........

1. Hotel Transylvania .....7/10
2. Tropic Thunder......6.5/10
3. Fast and the Furious 6......6.8/10 and
4. Olympus has fallen......6.2/10

Out of above Hotel Transylvania was the best and Olympus has fallen was the worst. I will talk something about OHF, as it was touted as the next Die hard first and with reviews pro a decent action flick, I had good expectations. It obviously fell flat, as neither the plot nor the performances or screenplay were even meekly innovative or sensible. Action was ok, but just with action hardly any movie has succeeded. Situations are cliched to the limit, dialogues are monotonous, and performances are flat. I havent seen as talented actor as Morgan Freeman wasted like this. Comparing this to the Classic High Octane super entertainer Die Hard in itself a shame to the franchise.

I havent come across any movie that has been a non cgi, action flick total entertainment extravaganza since Die Hard 4 and RAMBO.
Come on Hollywood bring something original.

Last edited:
I havent come across any movie that has been a non cgi, action flick total entertainment extravaganza since Die Hard 4 and RAMBO.
Come on Hollywood bring something original.

Hey Sam, if this happens, myself and a lot of my friends will loose our jobs!! Cause we work for this VFX Industry. May be we can try and do more pleasing VFX which you would like.

Cheers.

Hey Sam, if this happens, myself and a lot of my friends will loose our jobs!! Cause we work for this VFX Industry. May be we can try and do more pleasing VFX which you would like.
Cheers.

lol ..... well if you noticed I said non cgi, so frankly I do not like CGI oriented action much (with a rare exceptions like Matrix Trilogy) ....... old conventional Lethal Weapon style, is what I love.......:)

I always like a good JCVD film. Maybe lionheart, or the quest, or legionairre. If you want to go full HD though, can't beat Avatar 3D for the incredible effects!

Gosford Park (2001)

Before I watched Gosford Park, I watched The Rules of the Game (1939). At that time, I only knew it was a John Renior film which had made it to many lists like his other famous film, La Grande Illusion (1937). I did not know that it was a Top 10 critic favorite for decades together. I also did not know that RotG's satire shocked the French upper class at the time of release and it had to be banned. I did think the movie was sort of good, but it never came across as great. So, this really surprised me. Perhaps, if I had known this before, I'd have liked it even less since my expectations would have been far greater.

I watched 'Gosford Park' primarily because it was 'Rules of the game' for the modern age. Set in the same 1930's, it is tonally different from Rules of the game in many ways. John Renoir's characters are well etched since the focus was on few characters at any one time (even though several things were happening at once) and the movie had established the important characters and their motives by the time everyone gathers for the retreat. Gosford Park starts off as a mess as it starts AT the party. It took a while to understand who's who!

The only scene which can be compared directly to RotG is the hunting scene. Otherwise, GP takes the inspiration, pays the homage, but runs it's own course. It is helped by good camera work which ascends and descends across floors and moves along with the characters. Good acting from most of the ensemble cast, especially Helen Mirren.

Even though I liked Gosford Park more than RotG while watching it, I think I will go back and watch RotG sometime later. I may only 'respect' it more and not necessarily like it this time either.

Others:

Suspicion (1941) (Hitchcock) was good, but the climax ruined it for me. I liked Joan Fontaine's acting and of course, Cary Grant is well... Cary Grant!

Did not like Stairway to Heaven (1946) and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010).

I always like a good JCVD film. Maybe lionheart, or the quest, or legionairre. If you want to go full HD though, can't beat Avatar 3D for the incredible effects!

The best JCVD movie for me, indecently is called JCVD :) ....... shows van dam can act ...... give it a try...

A Good Day to Die Hard [2013]

A Good Day to Die Hard (2013) - IMDb

A time pass Action/Drama movie. Story could have been better, but the action scenes are done very well . To be specific the first action scene in the streets of Moscow involving a few hundred's of car destruction and the second action scene involving the Mil Mi-24 chopper shooting. The sound mixing is just awesome. Overall forget the story and just enjoy the Action.

Mud [2012]

Mud (2012) - IMDb

A very good Drama movie. Story is good. Very captivating performances by the 3 lead characters. Good Cinematography and Screenplay. On the whole a beautiful watch.

Cheers.

The Call ...... The movie could have been much much better but it still was pretty entertaining. Its a story about a 911 caller who tries to save an abducted girl. I know nothing about how 911 works so I cannot comment much on the technicalities, but for what and how it was presented, looked and felt really authentic. Almost all situations were portrayed genuinely and performances were commendable. The ending I must say was a bit cliched and typical hollyhoodish, but over all an entertaining movie........6.8/10

Red Line [2013]

Red Line (2013) - IMDb

A good Suspense/Drama movie about terrorism . Story is good, fast phase and suspense. Good cinematography and editing. One time watchable.

Evidence [2013]

Evidence (2013) - IMDb

A nice Thriller/Suspense movie on solving a crime using video/visual recording clue's by the victims . The detective solving the case part of the movie is the most interesting. Nice screenplay and editing.

Cheers.

Re: The Movie I Liked

Aah nicest thread ever, my new tv and soundbar and me will enjoy this thread very much :thumbup::D

RED LINE seems to be one of the bottom, 250 movies on IMDB :) :D,, I wonder why you suggested that ... anyway ..... for all with their own taste ......

Last edited:
RED LINE seems to be one of the bottom, 250 movies on IMDB ,, I wonder why you suggested that ... anyway ..... for all with their own tast ......

Like "evidence" is better :D:p

I don't see movies without checking IMDB reviews, if review user is below 5.5 and metascore is below 50, there's no way I am watching it

And guess what metascore "evidence" got?

14............only

Imagine :D:p

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back