The Movies I Liked

Now you see me : good fast paced ,very well made

Pain & Gain : From Michel bay , funny true story fast paced

Last edited:
Trance (2013) - IMDb

Interesting movie by Danny Boyle. The movie starts with the theft of a painting under the care of an art auctioneer. For the thieves, the auctioneer suffers amnesia and doesnt remember where he hid it. They employ a hypnotist to make him come out of the amnesia. But the revelations are a shock to all concerned.

The movie has a lot of good twists and the heroine (Rosario Dawson) hasnt left much to the imagination with her daring act.

Compliance [2012]

Compliance (2012) - IMDb

A good Crime/Drama movie. Story based on true events, it's a prank call based story, and throughout the movie I have had a lot of questions as to how can this happen, I mean how can people be so stupid, and at the end of the movie the same questions are asked and the answers are still not convincing. On the whole nice performance by the supporting actors.

Flight [2012]

Flight (2012) - IMDb

A very good Drama movie. Good story, it's about alcohol/drug addiction, nice performance by Denzel Washington as a pilot. Good cinematography. Worth a watch.

Hard Eight [1996]

Hard Eight (1996) - IMDb

A very good Crime/Drama movie. Story is good, very good Cinematography and Background score. Good performance by Philip Baker Hall. Samuel L. Jackson was okay. Worth a watch.

Death Race : Inferno [2012]

Death Race: Inferno (Video 2012) - IMDb

A time pass Action/Drama movie. Story is average and is better than the 2nd part, but not as good as the 1st part. But Cinematography and Sound mixing is just awesome.Watch this movie just to enjoy your HT setup.

Cheers.

The Place Beyond the Pines (2012) - IMDb

Interesting movie which is a saga that covers two generations. Ryan Gosling takes off from his role in Drive and is a motorbike stuntman who decides to rob banks when he comes to know of his responsibility to earn for his family. Bradley Cooper is good as a honest but rookie cop and how his career progresses.

The story was nice, but far too long. I almost thought the movie was over half through and it almost felt I was seeing part 2.

A different movie and some good twists at the end.

Fukrey (2013) - IMDb

Loved this movie from the corniness of the lead characters who are as the name suggests wastrels who want to get into college at any costs and the drama that results in their need for getting rich quickly.

The characters are quirky and lively and the acting from the mostly new actors is excellent. If you didn't see it in the theaters catch it on TV. Definitely worth a watch.

Iron Man 3 ....... for me better than 2, well 2nd and 3rd would have been almost same for me, except the finale of 3rd was way better than 2nd. In that respect I enjoyed 3rd more. Rest RDJ performance, one liners, the essence of iron man was more or less same. 6.8/10 for this one

Trance (2013) - IMDb

Interesting movie by Danny Boyle. The movie starts with the theft of a painting under the care of an art auctioneer. For the thieves, the auctioneer suffers amnesia and doesnt remember where he hid it. They employ a hypnotist to make him come out of the amnesia. But the revelations are a shock to all concerned.

The movie has a lot of good twists and the heroine (Rosario Dawson) hasnt left much to the imagination with her daring act.

did u see it after my review or just like that ...... BTW my review .....

Trance .......... After a looong long time a movie that actually screwed by brain. Its another Gem by Danny Boyle. This is the kind of movie that can not be described by a sentence or two. Very tough. I will just give a quick, account ..." An art auctioneer , involved in a Heist, forgets where he has kept the painting, and had to hire a hypnotherapist to find it." ........ Believe me the plot jest does not even touch the hair line of the intricacies, twists and turns that you will experience in the movie. By half time the plot becomes so convoluted you will have a hard time understanding it. By the end things do become clear but how things actually happened is left a lot to the audiences, when I say a lot I mean so much so that it actually to an extent goes against the movie (atleast according to me), and when that happens too many theories start floating around.

The movie follows the same style as of memento or the machinist, i.e screwed chronological order and it will take multiple viewing to understand what and how things happened.

But that does not take away the fact that it is an edge of the seat material with a completely unexpected twisted ending ..... I loved it ....... not for all ....... 7/10 for this one.

did u see it after my review or just like that ...... BTW my review .....

That's funny, your review didn't come up in search. Actually saw 4 movies including the three I reviewed plus Mud on my flight to London and back. Got Mud in Google search didn't find Trance. Nice to see we think alike :)

Re: The Movie I Liked

Star Trek Into Darkness
After Oblivion this is the second movie i had liked this year simply for its special effects.
Its better than Oblivion of course. Much much better than the Star Trek.
Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan was excellent. Cant wait to see him as Sherlock again.
Do watch this one if you haven't yet.
Rating -9/10

Watched Now You See Me (2013)

Now You See Me (2013) - IMDb

An FBI agent and an Interpol detective track a team of illusionists who pull off bank heists during their performances and reward their audiences with the money.

Four magicians each answer a mysterious summons to an obscure address with secrets inside. A year later, they are the Four Horseman, big time stage illusionists who climax their sold out Las Vegas show with a bank apparently robbed for real. This puts agents Dylan Rhodes of the FBI and Alma Vargas of Interpol on the case to find out how they did it. However, this mystery proves difficult to solve even with the insights of the professional illusion exposer, Thaddeus Bradley. What follows is a bizarre investigation where nothing is what it seems with illusions, dark secrets and hidden agendas galore as all involved are reminded of a great truth in this puzzle: the closer you look, the less you see.

now-you-see-me-dvd-cover-78.jpg

Really Good entertaining Movie. The ending surprised me quite a lot. A must watch for fun.

Last edited:
Trance [2013]

Trance (2013) - IMDb

A very good Drama/Thriller movie. Story is complex/full of twists and mesmerizes the viewer, :clapping: to Danny Boyle. Very good direction and cinematography, coupled with some good performance by Vincent Cassel and Rosario Dawson. Worth a watch.

Iron Man 3 [2013]

Iron Man 3 (2013) - IMDb

Another good Action/Drama movie. Story definitely better than 2nd part. Very good cinematography. Action scenes are very well done, with some new characteristics added to the Iron Man's Mk 42 suit. Villain, performed by Guy Pearce was also good. Again worth a watch for Iron Man fans.

(For those interested in the VFX part of the movie here's some detailed info
Iron Man 3: more suits to play with | fxguide)

The Iceman [2012]

The Iceman (2012) - IMDb

A good Crime/Drama movie based on true events. Story is about a contract killer. I particularly liked the performance by David Schwimmer in a supporting villain role. Nice performance by Michael Shannon and Ray Liotta. A good watch.

Cheers.

Watched Now You See Me (2013)

An FBI agent and an Interpol detective track a team of illusionists who pull off bank heists during their performances and reward their audiences with the money.

Four magicians each answer a mysterious summons to an obscure address with secrets inside. A year later, they are the Four Horseman, big time stage illusionists who climax their sold out Las Vegas show with a bank apparently robbed for real. This puts agents Dylan Rhodes of the FBI and Alma Vargas of Interpol on the case to find out how they did it. However, this mystery proves difficult to solve even with the insights of the professional illusion exposer, Thaddeus Bradley. What follows is a bizarre investigation where nothing is what it seems with illusions, dark secrets and hidden agendas galore as all involved are reminded of a great truth in this puzzle: the closer you look, the less you see.

Really Good entertaining Movie. The ending surprised me quite a lot. A must watch for fun.

Saw it on Wednesday. Really liked the movie. :thumbsup:

Another movie where the illusionists are the central theme, is THE PRESTIGE by Nolan. It is another one, one should not miss. Excellent acting by Bale.

Parker
Return of Jason Statham, I was a tad disappointed seeing him in Redemption but he is back with a bang. He is doing what he does best. Lots of action with a special mention to hotel fight which was well executed.
Story ain't unique, Somewhat similar to Faster.
Few plot holes but with its fast pace they can be ignored. J Lo is a waste and totally unnecessary character.
Rating- 9/10

Well guys, beware, you need to be strong to watch this movie. No that there are too much gore or violence but the idea is quiet disturbing : Snuff films > If you don't know what it is, google it.

I really liked the film. This movie will scare the daylights out of you without hardly showing any violence.Everything about it is great from the writing to the acting and production. A horrible series of murders take place. From the moment it begins, you will constantly be guessing who really did it. Just when you think it is one individual, the suspicion quickly turns to another possibility.

71BG70R620L._SY300_.gif

anakkale Yolun Sonu [2013]

anakkale Yolun Sonu (2013) - IMDb

A good History/Drama movie. Story is good, about the Ottoman Turks capture of the city anakkale. Good cinematography.

Pain and Gain [2013]

Pain & Gain (2013) - IMDb

A very funny Crime/Drama movie based on true events. Story is okay, Dwayne Johnson was wrongly casted for his character in IMO. But very good performance by Tony Shalhoub. Ed Harris was also good. Very good Cinematography and Background music.

Now You See Me [2013]

A very good Crime/Drama movie. Story is good, with a lot of twist's a well scripted heist movie of 2013 IMO. Kind of reminds of the Oceans series. Editing very well done. Worth a watch.

Cheers.

Re: The Movie I Liked

Seems like it's in Spanish. Would have seen if it was in English.

Why not try it with subtitles?

Thanks Rupam for bringing up Thesis. Didn't know it was the debut film of Alejandro Amenabar. Will try to watch it when I find time :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back