The Movies I Liked

World War z ..... to start of AWSOMEEEEE ..... this is an action riot, adrenaline pumping zombie epidemic on a massive scale right from the word go ........ when it was released I read couple of reviews and all were very negative, and I skipped it on big screen. Today after the movie, I thought, what could possibly be the reason of so much dislike and I turned to IMDB to have an insight. This movie is based on 2006 novel by Max Brooks with the same name, and by going through what the book offered and hed it in detail, I can see and understand why most people disliked ....

But since I had no idea it was even based on a book, enjoyed every bit of it. Its action packed right from first scene, the epidemic is shown in a massive scale, nothing I have seen in any mass scale destruction. Its huge, and utterly chaotic. The Jerusalem episode is breathtaking, and shocking and frightening as well ........ The zombie here are exactly like in 28 Days later, fast and some time too fast and ruthless.

The only thing I did not like was, since its a Zombie movie, the blood and gore should be de facto standard for this kind of Genre, which was missing. Another could be the characterization which was a bit weak .... never the less, its one hell of a ride ...... which is as enjoyable as any good thriller..... (if you dont compare it with the original source ofcourse)........7/10

Yeah lot of negative criticisum from the people who enjoyed the book and I am yet to read it apparently only the title has been borrowed from the book :-) Brad pitt was so unhappy with the movie they rewrote the movie after completing most of the parts...

Did you notice the guy in the chopper who rescues Brad pitt and his family...yeah it is Matthew Fox, imagine a decent actor for such a small role....the reason, most of the part where he has romantic link with Brad pitt's wife is cut , of course this is after Brad Pitt is presumed dead in Moscow...also he is part of the local militia in Moscow and becomes a acclaimed zombie hunter :-) Imagine how much they have changed...

Nevertheless I didn't read the book and enjoyed the movie in theatre....waiting for the blu ray release to catch up one more time....also getting the book in my Kindle :-)

Watched Furious 6 (6th Fast and Furious Movie)

Furious 6 (2013) - IMDb

73680_large.jpg

Lots of fun, reference grade audio master, a must have Bluray.

Well guys, beware, you need to be strong to watch this movie. No that there are too much gore or violence but the idea is quiet disturbing : Snuff films > If you don't know what it is, google it.

I really liked the film. This movie will scare the daylights out of you without hardly showing any violence.Everything about it is great from the writing to the acting and production. A horrible series of murders take place. From the moment it begins, you will constantly be guessing who really did it. Just when you think it is one individual, the suspicion quickly turns to another possibility.

71BG70R620L._SY300_.gif

Thanks for mentioning it. Looks very interesting and of my taste. :) Will try watch it soon. By the way, can you give the imdb url, can't find now.

Last edited:
Do you like Crime Drama thriller and legal thriller ?

Watch this movie : The Lincoln Lawyer

The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) - IMDb

MV5BMTQ4NDE4NTY5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQyMTkxNA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

The story, taken from the novel by Michael Connelly, is engaging and engrossing, just as any good page-turner feels as you grip it. McConaugheys performance (one of the earliest in his much-heralded comeback) is good in this movie, The Lincoln Lawyer is an intelligent breezy legal drama.

Must watch....

The story, taken from the novel by Michael Connelly, is engaging and engrossing, just as any good page-turner feels as you grip it. McConaugheys performance (one of the earliest in his much-heralded comeback) is good in this movie, The Lincoln Lawyer is an intelligent breezy legal drama.

Must watch....

+1 on that. One of the best movie of 2011, I liked it so much that I went ahead and bought the Blu-ray.

MV5BMTQ4NDE4NTY5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQyMTkxNA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Must watch....

Oh I watched it few weeks back as it was broadcasted in one of the movie channels. Really liked the movie and performance of McConaugheys. Definitely recommended.

Immortals [2011]

Immortals (2011) - IMDb

An okay History/Drama movie. Story is bad, and so are the performances. Mickey Rourke was okay in an evil role. The only thing I liked in this movie was Art Direction which is very well done. So, if anyone with fascination for art can watch this movie, other wise one can skip this.

Into the Abyss [2011]

Into the Abyss (2011) - IMDb

A good Documentary Film based on true events and interviews involving the actual victims and culprits. Very well done. Worth a watch.

The Reluctant Fundamentalist [2012]

The Reluctant Fundamentalist (2012) - IMDb

A very good Drama/Mystery movie. Story is good. Good cinematography and editing. Nice performance by Riz Ahmed in the lead role. Good back ground score.

Cheers.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) - IMDb - Awesome movie and lots of fun. Hollywood does not make movies like this anymore. Kevin Costner is great, Christian Slater and Morgan Freeman are fun and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio is beautiful and special mention for Alan Rickman who does an excellent job as the Sheriff of Nottingham.

The Abyss (1989) - IMDb - Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio again in this classic sci-fi with Ed Harris in a positive role. The SFX are really great (too bad the movie is not in real Blu-ray HD glory). More than the SFX and the aliens underwater you are left with the feeling this is a love story. Perfect date movie and I must mention (in passing) that this is one of the better movies of James Cameron.

Does 'Ben Hur' have rewatching value ? Never have watched it. Thinking to grab bluray @ 50% off.

Whether a movie has a rewatching value or not will mostly depend on individual perspective and taste.

I will not really want to rewatch it, but considering the popularity of the film and also the 50% discount, I would not mind it buying. (but I have decided not to buy any bds for next couple of months even if there is 90% discount)

I bought bridge on river kwai bd. I have watched it earlier and would not mind watching it again. To me, it has a rewatching value.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back