The Movies I Liked

Dead Man Down [2013]

Dead Man Down (2013) - IMDb

A good Crime/Drama movie. Story could have been paced better, good cinematography and nice performance by Colin Farrell and Noomi Rapace. Action scenes are good.

Blue Caprice [2013]

Blue Caprice (2013) - IMDb

A very good Crime/Drama movie of self-hatred. Story is slow and builds ups to the climax very well. The psychology of the lead character is brought out very well. Good cinematography and editing.

Breath In [2013]

Breathe In (2013) - IMDb

A good Drama movie. Story is good/simple extramarital affair. Wonderful performance by Felicity Jones and Guy Pearce. Cinematography and Background score is very good. Worth a watch.

Vehicle 19 [2013]

Vehicle 19 (2013) - IMDb

A time pass Action movie. Story is just average. Paul Walker was also okay, not as good as in Fast&Furious.

Cheers.

Another very good movies which should not be missed....

The Best Offer
La migliore offerta

La migliore offerta (2013) - IMDb

The Best Offer (2013) Official Trailer - YouTube

A story centered on an eccentric art auctioneer and his obsession with an heiress/collector.

The-Best-Offer-International-Poster.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The Movie I Liked

Watched " we bought a zoo" on star movies and Hachiko - the dog story on bluray.. Awesome movies.. Genre - drama.. The movies are blessed with awesome background score.. I fell in love with Jan's "piano recital" in Hachiko.. Highly recommended

Contagion [2011]

Contagion (2011) - IMDb

A very good Drama/Thriller movie. Good chronological story telling. Nice/strong star cast. Good cinematography and editing. Jude Law's performance was the best IMO amongst all. Worth a watch.

Certainty [2011]

Certainty (2011) - IMDb

An interesting Drama movie. Story is good, about Pre-Maraige retreat to test the Certainty. I liked the the practical approach of the male character as opposed to the religious approach of the female. Good performance by all the cast.

Cheers.

Also watched "The.Wolverine" last week.

The Wolverine (2013) - IMDb

MV5BNzg1MDQxMTQ2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTk3MjAzOQ@@._V1._SX640_SY949_.jpg

I just loved The Wolverine. I thought it was well written and the impressive cast really delivered. Hugh Jackman finally gets a full film to bring the character to the next level. It's been delivered in flashes before but this entire movie is the Wolverine that I wanted to see. Mangold should be commended for giving the film a subdued yet intense flavor. But the first half of the film is intriguing but it went off the rails so quickly into its 2nd and 3rd act.
The ending final clash seemed to lack some depth especially on psychological level.

7/10 for me.

Among English movies, Most of Hitchcock's work is great.

Hindi many movies are there. Thoda Sa Roomani Ho Jaayen is one lovely musical I liked a lot and would like to highlight as no other movie is like that.

Among recent punjabi movies loved Power Cut and Carry on Jatta. Great humour there.

Watched this movie many times, so thought to add this is MUST WATCH list:

The Passion of the Christ (reviews are awesome too) :)

I like reading this thread for suggestions on what to see next, but I also marvel at the fact that tastes differ so widely.
The Passion made it to many of the Worst Movie Ever Made lists after it came out in 2004. Today the consensus (if there ever could be one) is that it isn't Mel Gibson's finest movie but it isn't as bad as many make it out to be. This controversy alone makes it interesting to me although my similar opinion was made when I watched it years ago.
Anyway, and on a completely different vein, recently saw Salmon Fishing in the Yemen and enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Chittagong [2012]

Chittagong (2012) - IMDb

A very good Indian History/Drama movie. Based on true events, where for the first time India citizens from Chittagong defeat the British army. Story is good and narrated by a character named Jhunku who's also involved in the cause. Nice performance by Manoj Bajpayee, Vega Tamotia, Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Very good cinematography and some good background score and songs by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy.

Cheers.

Clear History [2013]

Clear History (TV Movie 2013) - IMDb

A full time pass Comedy/Drama movie. Story is just okay, but filled with comedy throughout. Nice performance by Larry David in the main role, and supporting performance of Eva Mendes was also good. Good cinematography. Worth a watch.

Cheers.

Elysium ...... So my one of the most awaited movie finally came out on Bluray and I was able to watch it. Missed it in theaters. This definitely falls way short of the awesome D9, but then comparisons should not be made, But being the second only full feature movie by the director, the comparisons had to happen.

Elysium visuals are a treat, but then I presume it had to be........ same like Oblivion and Prometheus. But what Elysium lacks is a good decent plot. Its plain and tooo predictable even for a non Hollywood gore. Plus the characters are not well written as well, the only enjoyable aspect are the action camera shots, which were amazing, If anyone could have notice, Neil has actually used quite a few unconventional camera angles and perspective. It was a pleasure to watch the few but good action sequences. Performances were ok, not too good neither too bad ...............

I would go for 6.5/10 for this one.

Last edited:
^^ I'm sure it started out out as a very nice treatment on the haves and have-nots. But this time around, with a huge budget, the suits from the studio probably wanted more mainstream action/wow and drama. "District 9" was NOT made with the collections in mind. But "Elysium" was clearly made with the collections as the priority.

"Elysium" was a big disappointment to me: Just another characterless blockbuster with lots of explosions and action. It could not even begin to approach the kind of depth or subtlety of delivery that District 9 had. Well, when greed wins over art...

I am waiting for Gravity to be out on Bluray ........ seems that will be something to watch for

Jack the Giant Slayer (2013) - IMDb - A thoroughly entertaining fare about the battle between humans and the giants who want to eat them. The special FX are a treat and the DTS-HD Master Audio in 5.1 is one of the best ever.

The movie itself is entertaining and performances are decent to good. Good movie for the kids though the darker elements of the giants eating humans might be too much for young kids to take.

Personally I enjoyed it... not too much super hero madness or the Marvel Universe/no crazy robots trying to overtake mankind/no aliens from space trying to destroy earth, etc.

That's saying something for a movie set in the medieval times and for some original/entertaining fare.

Watched a documentary called The Real Godfathers - DocuWiki, which was very interesting, and all of a sudden it made me interested to watch some movies related to American Mafia. So watched a few of them,....

The Untouchables [1987]

The Untouchables (1987) - IMDb

A very good Crime/Action movie . Story is very good , about Al Capone. Very good performance by Robert De Niro as Capone. Andy Garcia was also good. Fantastic cinematography.

Scarface [1932]

Scarface (1932) - IMDb

Another good Crime/Action movie. Good story, nice performances and good cinematography.

Hoodlum [1997]

Hoodlum (1997) - IMDb

Another good Crime/Drama movie. Good story, nice cinematography and good performance by Andy Garcia as Lucky Luciano. Worth a watch.

Bugsy [1991]

Bugsy (1991) - IMDb

Also a good Crime/Drama movie. About Bugsy Siegel and nice performance by Warren Beatty. Good story telling.

Goodfellas [1990]

Goodfellas (1990) - IMDb

Also a good Crime/Drama movie. Nice performance by Robert De Niro and Ray Liotta. Cinematography was also good.

Once Upon a Time in America [1984]

Once Upon a Time in America (1984) - IMDb

A good Crime/Action movie. About Jewish mafia in Manhattan. Good story and nice performances.

Cheers.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back