The Movies I Liked

Of the above for me Untouchables and Goodfellas were just mind blowing rest were good. Seems you are in some gangsta movies ............ try Boxcar Bertha ..... I was for some reason moved by this movie ...

aneelr, you might also like "Lawless", "Gangster Squad", "Public Enemies", and the miniseries "Boardwalk Empire" (the 4th season concluded just this week).

^^ Add American Gangster to the list ... awsome movie ... not to be missed

@aneelr - Probably caught the same bug myself... have been watching crime/heist movies myself all of this week and some of the movies are similar and highly recommended as a must watch.

My list for this week includes...

Reservoir Dogs (1992) - IMDb - Quentin Tarantino on song about a heist gone wrong and a double crossing undercover cop.

The Usual Suspects (1995) - IMDb - Kevin Spacey is brilliant and Bryan Singer announced himself with some fine story telling and some wonderful twists especially at the climax.

The Town (2010) - IMDb - Not a popular movie but it is one of Ben Affleck's best.

Snatch. (2000) - IMDb - Can you believe it... Brad Pitt can actually act. A great movie though the "British" accent will be "off" for many.

The Bank Job (2008) - IMDb - Statham and Burrows are great together in a complex movie that brings together many characters with their unique reasons for wanting to rob a bank.

Inside Man (2006) - IMDb - Watching this right now. Clive Owen is his usual great self and Denzel is well Denzel. Jodie Foster though is wasted in an otherwise excellent movie.

Pulp Fiction (1994) - IMDb - You will appreciate the genius behind Quentin Tarantino and some Hollywood heavyweights like Bruce Willis, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, etc.

L.A. Confidential (1997) - IMDb - One of my favorite movies... too bad the beautiful Kim Basinger all but disappeared after this movie and winning an Oscar.

The Killing (1956) - IMDb - One of Stanley Kubrick's lesser known works but nonetheless an excellent movie.

Prisoners (2013)

Brilliant movie. This is the kind of movie that's been missing lately. A superb crime thriller having it's fair share of twists. Not to be missed at all.

A Few Good Men:

Fantastic movie with great performances from Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise. For People who like Court Room dramas, its a must watch. The Climax scene itself is worth a watch for this movie.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

@aneelr - Probably caught the same bug myself... have been watching crime/heist movies myself all of this week and some of the movies are similar and highly recommended as a must watch.

My list for this week includes...

Reservoir Dogs (1992) - IMDb - Quentin Tarantino on song about a heist gone wrong and a double crossing undercover cop.

The Usual Suspects (1995) - IMDb - Kevin Spacey is brilliant and Bryan Singer announced himself with some fine story telling and some wonderful twists especially at the climax.

The Town (2010) - IMDb - Not a popular movie but it is one of Ben Affleck's best.

Snatch. (2000) - IMDb - Can you believe it... Brad Pitt can actually act. A great movie though the "British" accent will be "off" for many.

The Bank Job (2008) - IMDb - Statham and Burrows are great together in a complex movie that brings together many characters with their unique reasons for wanting to rob a bank.

Inside Man (2006) - IMDb - Watching this right now. Clive Owen is his usual great self and Denzel is well Denzel. Jodie Foster though is wasted in an otherwise excellent movie.

Pulp Fiction (1994) - IMDb - You will appreciate the genius behind Quentin Tarantino and some Hollywood heavyweights like Bruce Willis, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, etc.

L.A. Confidential (1997) - IMDb - One of my favorite movies... too bad the beautiful Kim Basinger all but disappeared after this movie and winning an Oscar.

The Killing (1956) - IMDb - One of Stanley Kubrick's lesser known works but nonetheless an excellent movie.

All seen of the above ..... But the below two just were mind blowing

1. The usual suspect
2. L.A Confidential.

Coffee Town [2013]

Coffee Town (2013) - IMDb

A very good Comedy/Drama movie. Story is just okay, but the plot has got some good comedy in it which keeps the viewer laughing. Good performance by Glenn Howerton, Steve Little and Ben Schwartz. Good watch.

Crazy, Stupid, Love. [2011]

Crazy, Stupid, Love. (2011) - IMDb

Another very good Comedy/Drama movie. The story is absolutely true to it's title. Story is good with full of humors and to top it all the entire cast has done a good job in performance and a special mention to Ryan Gosling, the best character in the movie. Good cinematography and background score. Definetely worth a watch.

Cheers.

Watched The Guard The Guard (2011) - IMDb

the-guard-poster.jpg

The best line "I cant tell if youre really mother****ing dumb or really mother****ing smart,".....from the movie. Watch it ...

The Shawshank Redemption

Attachments

• MV5BODU4MjU4NjIwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU2MjEyMDE@._V1_SX214_.jpg
    MV5BODU4MjU4NjIwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU2MjEyMDE@._V1_SX214_.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 135
Kick Ass 2 not as good as one but still entertaining ,,,

The man from nowhere wowoww.... this movie came from no where, its a korean flick ......... The plot, the story, screen play is done like gazzllions times in Hollywood, but director here still finds his own way of presenting this, which is still class in it own. The plot is simple A pawnshop keeper takes on a drug- and organ trafficking ring in order to save a child he knows as his neighbour nothing in the film is there that has not been done before, but koreans does it with style. The end climax action sequence just takes your breath away, its brutal, fast and neatly done and throws powerful emotions right at your face. Dont get me wrong this not just an action movie. infact the only true action is at the end, but the character development also takes a major role to make you actually enjoy and justify the blasting end sequence .........7/10

Last edited:
2 Guns [2013]

2 Guns (2013) - IMDb

A very good Action/Drama movie. Story is good, and Denzel Washington along with Mark Wahlberg put up some strange but good performance. Lot of humour in the story keeps the viewers laughing. Good cinematography and background score.

Cold Eyes (aka Gam-si-ja-deul)[2013]

Gam-si-ja-deul (2013) - IMDb

A good Korean Action/Drama movie. Story is simple and good. Direction is very good. Good editing, cinematography and sound mixing. Worth a watch.

Cheers.

Few names out of a million :p..

The Last Castle, The Horse Whisperer, Gran Torino, Scent Of A Woman, The Cell, Trainspotting, Home Alone, Jumanji, Casper, Edward Scissorhands, Dead Man Walking, The Quick and the Dead, The Fearless, Yip Man, Zatoichi,

Halfaouine, Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring, Birdcage Inn, Bacheha ye Aseman, Downfall, The Pianist, The Last Emperor, The Motorcycle Diaries.. etc

Few more..
Cast Away, Thin Red Line, Saving Private Ryan, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Enemy at the Gates, Catch Me If You Can, Gangs of New York, My Left Foot, There Will Be Blood, Memento,The Devil's Advocate, Little Buddha,

Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Last of the Mohicans, In the Name of the Father, Shutter Island, Inception, Django Unchained, The Departed(:thumbsup:), The shooter, Limitless, Ocean's (11,12,13), The World's Fastest Indian, Sin City, The Punisher,

King Arthur, Mr. Jones, Hachi A Dog's Tale, First Knight, Entrapment

Which movie you have seen would deserve a 10 or no 1 on IMDB . Let hear it.. :)

IMDb Top 250 - IMDb are the top 250 movies on IMDB. I've seen most of them... agree with a few of the ratings and don't agree with a few.

Just don't think The Shawshank Redemption should be No. 1. The 2nd spot The Godfather (actually same rating) is definitely a better movie.

Likewise, 12 Angry Men (number 7) should be in the top 3 of all time.

Schindler's List, LOTR, Fight Club, Star Wars... all good movies but definitely should be not be ranking above Akira Kurosawa and Alfred Hitchcock in any list. I saw Hidden Fortress as a kid and I can say it left an indelible impression on me... I was around 7-8 at that time.

Citizen Kane is another all time top 3 or top 5 movie and its rated 8.4 on par with (horror of horrors) Gladiator. Others like The Great Dictator, Taxi Driver, A Clockwork Orange, To Kill a Mockingbird, Das Boot, All About Eve, Metropolis, Chinatown, Yojimbo, Ikiru, Ran, etc. are ranked below Gladiator. Not beating on Ridley Scott... his movies are definitely better than the crap Michael Bay puts out... but Gladiator is definitely not his best work.

The Searchers is another classic on many top 5 lists of all time (mine too)... its not even in the top 250 on IMDB.

This selection is definitely better... though no Godfather in the top 10.

The Top 50 Greatest Films of All Time | BFI

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back