The Movies I Liked

The Edge - Action

What if your greatest enemy was your only chance of survival?

Antony Hopkins - Alec Baldwin

The story is about a plane crash in the freezing Alaskan, wilderness pits intellectual billionaire, against self satisfied fashion photographer, in a brutal struggle for survival.

Vinay.

Amazing Fact: A cockroach can live several weeks without a head.

MAQBOOL - Directed by Vishal Bhardwaj

Irfan Khan,Tabbu, Pankaj Kapoor, Om Puri, Naseeruddin Shah

It is a story about passion, power, seduction, crime.

Vinay.

Amazing Fact: The bird that migrates the furtherest is the Artic Tern Sterna paradisaea. It flies from the shores of the Arctic to the Antarctic.

Saw a movie called 'Righteous Kill' Frankly don't know what to make of it. It has one of the best star cast one can dream of - Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, and Brian Denehy.

Robert De Niro and Al Pacino act as two first class detectives of NYPD. They have a lot of frustration when they see criminals they catch escape on simple technicalities. Then suddenly they see a series of criminals they have been involved with in some way being killed one by one.

The movie is centered around Robert De Niro and Al Pacino. I was disappointed with the foul language used throughout the movie and lack of compelling performances by either of these great actors,. They come alive only in the last ten minutes when they face each other.

Brian Denehy who played such powerful roles in movies such as First Blood has a small time role here, and was also disappointing.

Cheers

Last edited:
Saw a movie called 'Righteous Kill' Frankly don't know what to make of it. It has one of the best star cast one can dream of - Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, and Brian Denehy.

very disappointing indeed.
I watched "Heat" again recently (de niro, al pacino, val kilmer) and felt so good! Its one of my favourite cop movies.

Also watched "Pride and Glory" (colin farrell, edward norton) last weekend. Another cop movie on PD corruption. norton put up a very good performance as usual but the movie sucked towards the end.

Cheers!

Say the phrase cop movie and the movie that comes up on top is 'Departed'. It is almost unbeatable in that regard.

I have not seen 'Heat' though.

Say the phrase cop movie and the movie that comes up on top is 'Departed'. It is almost unbeatable in that regard.

I have not seen 'Heat' though.

Heat is a masterpiece. You should definitely watch it! Some of the scenes are just unforgettable. I loved "The Departed" a helluva lot and I would say Heat is equally entertaining.

Heat is a masterpiece. You should definitely watch it! Some of the scenes are just unforgettable. I loved "The Departed" a helluva lot and I would say Heat is equally entertaining.

Other cop movies...

Futuristic - Robocop series
Comedy - Police Academy series
Action/Entertainment - Lethal Weapon series
Others - French Connection, Dirty Harry

BTW one more cop movie that you have to watch and that can be termed a masterpiece/classic is The Untouchables starring Kevin Costner, Robert DeNiro, Sean Connery, and Andy Garcia. Top notch stuff!

I would also add Die Hard series, but its more action than cop action though with smart talking Bruce Willis anything goes I should say.

Independence Day

The movie is one of the biggest box office hits.

The story is about powerful aliens launch an invasion against the human race.

Vinay.

Amazing Fact: The ant can lift 50 times its own weight can pull 30 times its own weight.

RISK - Action

Randeep Hooda, Vinod Khanna

The movie is based on underworld activities, the movie did not do well but i and my friends had liked it a lot.

Vinay.

Amazing Fact: One thousand contains the letters "A", but none of the words from one to nine hundred ninety-nine has an "A".

Robert De Niro and Al Pacino act as two first class detectives of NYPD. They have a lot of frustration when they see criminals they catch escape on simple technicalities. Then suddenly they see a series of criminals they have been involved with in some way being killed one by one.

The movie is centered around Robert De Niro and Al Pacino. I was disappointed with the foul language used throughout the movie and lack of compelling performances by either of these great actors,. They come alive only in the last ten minutes when they face each other.

Brian Denehy who played such powerful roles in movies such as First Blood has a small time role here, and was also disappointing.

Cheers

RIGHTEOUS KILL-----totally avoidable CRAP!!! Total waste of all the talent

Thevortex,

Frankly speaking, these movies i have seen already in the recent times, it is just that from my list i take the movies and mention about it in this forum.

I basically have a computerized list, stating when i saw them, the rating star wise 1 to 5, and how were the effects.

I always have a stock of around 10 movies, which i have yet to see. I never go to a theatre, i buy all the original DVDs and see them in my mini theatre.

Thanks.

Vinay.

Amazing Fact: Cockroaches can change course as many as 25 times in one second, making them the most nimble animals known.

jst watched HELL RIDE a new movie from quentin taratino ------PLZZZZ avoid this one at all cost!!!! total rubbish ,with filthy language, unnecessary nudity -----less said the better

Watched "Seven Pounds" yday. Was quite good. Had a quite a diff storyline. Will Smith was good in "The Pursuit of Happyness" and even better in this one. The ending was really touching. If u like emotional dramas, u may like this one.

Hitman - Action

A genetically engineered assassin with the killer style and deadly aim, known only as "Agent 47", eliminates strategic targets for a top secret organization. But when he's double crossed on a mission, the hunter becomes the prey as 47 finds himself ensnared in a life or death game of international intrigue and violent retribution.

Vinay.

Amazing Fact: Butterflies taste with their feet.

A young man blocks out harmful memories of significant events of his life. As he grows up, he finds a way to remember these lost memories and a supernatural way to alter his life.

Based on chaos theory.

Attachments

• Butterfly Effect.JPG
    Butterfly Effect.JPG
    4.3 KB · Views: 59
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back