The Movies I Liked

Doing the Bourne series yet again.

Saw part 1 yesterday and now just finished part 2. Going to start and finish part 3 too today itself.

Amazing series, set the benchmark for action, car chase sequences, etc. Matt Damon at last comes into his own with this series after the brilliant The Talented Mr. Ripley. Must watch trilogy as of now, there are rumors of a 4th Bourne movie though.

I too loved bourne series especially the final part "Ultimatum". Never seen a movie as pacy as this. Hats off to Paul Greengrass from start to end its full throttle. Its a movie that really goes @speed of thought. And the Oscar winning sound design/ editing was a icing on the cake. Its DTS soundtrack gives my speaker set up a thorough work out - especially the surrounds.

I too loved bourne series especially the final part "Ultimatum". Never seen a movie as pacy as this. Hats off to Paul Greengrass from start to end its full throttle. Its a movie that really goes @speed of thought. And the Oscar winning sound design/ editing was a icing on the cake. Its DTS soundtrack gives my speaker set up a thorough work out - especially the surrounds.

i agree, but wud like 2 add 'Speed' to this. start to finish full throttle.

Watched Hero (Jet-Li) today - in DTS Mandarin (subtitled in English)

Excellent sound, and very poetic (in a martial arts sense of way). Highly recommend it.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans...

A prequel to the original Underworld movies and too bad there is no Kate Beckinsale in it. Standard action fare, no big stars and nothing great to write about. Fans who follow the series will want to catch up on how it all began. As for me, I am pulling out the DVDs with Kate Beckinsale and going to watch them with wife who has not been initiated into the Underworld universe yet.

Did part 1 yesterday with my wife. Kate Beckinsale is so hot in leather and the action is slick and fast/furious to the core. Great SQ/FX that will give a good workout to any HT system. Good action movie!

Just finished watching 'Eagle Eye', good movie.The thought of you being watched and every move you make being followed is quite frightening.

Excellant video (upscaled by my AVR) and sound even in Dolby Prologic IIx movie mode.:)

Mithya

Ranvir Sorey, Naseeruddin Shah

The movie was released around a year ago.

The story is about destiny, humour, drama, romance, suspense.

Amazing Fact: A flea can jump 130 times it's own height.

Welcome to Sajjanpur

A kind of light comedy and a welcome change (i have been seeing lots of action movies in the recent past). 90% of the movie is shot in daylight and hence looks colorful.

Thanks,
Prakash

SNIPER3

Everyone is a target.

Tom Berenger

Aspect Ration : 4 X 3

The story is about US Marine Corps, deadliest sniper. Having taken out warlords, drug kingpins and international assassins, now he has to face the ultimate enemy when it is discovered that his best friend, believed to have been killed in action, has been operating secretly and has become a danger to the US-and the world. An undercover agent has flushed him from hiding and he is a criminal force.

Vinay.

Amazing Fact: The Peregrine Falcon is the fastest bird and fastest of any kind of animals. It can reach speeds of at least 200 kms per hour when diving for prey in the air.

Amazing Fact: The Peregrine Falcon is the fastest bird and fastest of any kind of animals. It can reach speeds of at least 200 kms per hour when diving for prey in the air.

The Japanese Hayabusa bike is named after it. In fact Hayabusa is the Japanese word for peregrine falcon. It's one amazing, fast bike. Had to have it after watching Jessica Alba on it in Dark Angel. Have only managed to ride it till now and purchase is still pending... Hopefully soon!!!

FLIGHT PLAN
A Thriller, A woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to Newyork, the child vanishes and nobody in the flight admits that child was ever on that flight.

Did anyone seen the movie 'swordfish' starring jon travolta, hugh jackman, halle berry, the movies opening scene goes with a conversation between jon travolta and hugh jackman, after some minutes gone..........uoybtvawegylcrn;9qeyircm/lySDFFHNOFHinyitlgyirlotnyaivo;m'yioqeun76btyqr5oiyvsdm'g/opg,b'y][0857=4u]-,er9p'8y02mn2]-6,b1v587=-284b5-105aifm6ias/o4ivtmeibthnty;u,i76]8=-395ltae................................watch this space,
who ever has a excellent 5.1 or 7.1 sytems with a good sub or good towers can enjoy scene.

lets all enjoy and share here.

Did anyone seen the movie 'swordfish' starring jon travolta, hugh jackman, halle berry, the movies opening scene goes with a conversation between jon travolta and hugh jackman, after some minutes gone..........uoybtvawegylcrn;9qeyircm/lySDFFHNOFHinyitlgyirlotnyaivo;m'yioqeun76btyqr5oiyvsdm'g/opg,b'y][0857=4u]-,er9p'8y02mn2]-6,b1v587=-284b5-105aifm6ias/o4ivtmeibthnty;u,i76]8=-395ltae................................watch this space,
who ever has a excellent 5.1 or 7.1 sytems with a good sub or good towers can enjoy scene.

lets all enjoy and share here.

Yup, numerous times in fact. Very good SFX especially the explosion scene and a very good thriller to boot. Unfortunately I don't have it in DTS, in fact the DVD I have is in 2.0 and not even 5.1. Still a great movie, all the more enjoyable in DTS. I saw it on the big screen in DTS when it first came out and the action/explosions simply blew me away. The only other movies that I saw a 2nd on the big screen just for the SFX were Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines and Transformers.

(1) This may be old news for many, but I recently happened to see Lakshya on TV. I was quite impressed by the last 30 odd minutes of the movie. When Karan (Hrithik Roshan) climbs the mountain numbered 5179, I could feel the pain in my hands and legs. Hrithik plays the role of a mountain climber quite well, and there is once scene where he is hanging from the cliff. The camera is above Karan and they zoom on to him to show the height from which he is hanging without any support. Impressive.

I realised he also played the role of a dumb, rich and confused boy quite well as well as the transformation to a soldier with a mission in life. I only wish Hrithik does not have the bad habit of vibrating his face at high speed to display strong emotions. Always reminds me of my son when he was 5 or 6 years old and how he would bite his teeth and shake his head to show his unhappiness.

(2) Saw a movie called 'The Eleventh Hour'. A decent movie spoiled by a two things - bad photography, and very amateurish acting by everybody. The Hero (Adam Abram) has one of those perfect bodies, and the director seems more interested in selling that more than anything else.

A fast action movie with hardly any background music. The action is mostly fights between two well developed musclemen, one of whom always dies at the end of the quick skirmishes. And needless to say, our hero always wins.

Though the photography is good in terms of clarity and colour, the cameraman always seems to be running around with the camera in his hand. They also seem to have used very few cameras. The screen literally jerks every time someone speaks.

Most of these new heroes seem to be muscle men with no expression on their faces. Will we ever have more George Clooneys, Matt Damons, and Nicholas Cages coming up?

Cheers

yes the one we have in hollywood , but he is nomore now, heath ledger acts in the the dark knight as every joker has to be stand apart, killing acting from him, more than a smile.........................

After enjoying a no of action/thriler flicks, I watched 'Trade' and believe me you will be touched.

Defiance is also good.

Last edited:
Its a wonderful life

IMDb Search

Highly recommended. Positive movie. Dialogues are smart and crisp. Direction is superb. It has joined my favorite list.

Thanks,
Prakash

Last edited:
Its a wonderful world

Highly recommended. Positive movie. Dialogues are smart and crisp. Direction is superb. It has joined my favorite list.

Thanks,
Prakash

Is this the one with James Stewart? If so a great classic movie. BTW James Stewart is one of my favorite actors apart from John Wayne. James Stewart's Winchester '73 is one amazing movie, must watch!!!

I greatly enjoyed Michel Gondry's "Be Kind and Rewind." I expected it to be just quirky but had no idea it would be so endearing. The return to simplicity and absence of hollywood trademark special effects was refreshing. Especially nice touch was that it actually brought together (in real life) the town it was shot in.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back