The Movies I Liked

Is this the one with James Stewart? If so a great classic movie. BTW James Stewart is one of my favorite actors apart from John Wayne. James Stewart's Winchester '73 is one amazing movie, must watch!!!

Moserw, Sorry for the typo. The movie name is "It's a Wonderful Life". Also Edited the Original post. Ya it's ames Stewart movie.

Will try to see Winchester '73.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Last edited:
Moserw, Sorry for the typo. The movie name is "It's a Wonderful Life". Also Edited the Original post. Ya it's ames Stewart movie.

Will try to see Winchester '73.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Yes, even I was referring to the same movie. I have seen it. In fact even today it's voted the best feel good movie especially during times of depression and economic crisis. BTW do check out Frank Capra's (the director) ****nic and Old Lace (it's a laugh riot and you will laugh and laugh throughout the movie), It Happened One Night (Aamir Khan's Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin is based on this), and Meet John Doe (Amitabh Bachchan's Main Azaad Hoon is based on this). All great movies from the same director.

Last edited:
AIRPORT 1975

The story is about a mid-air collision leaves a 747 without a pilot.

Vinay.

Amazing Fact: Hummingbirds have the fastest wing beat (about 90 beats per second).

cloverfield

The movie will test your subwoofer right from the beginning till the end credits. Excellent to test a home theatre and this movie has very good audiography.

However the director wants the audience to see the movie through a hand held camera and because of this the shots are shaky, unstable, cannot understand most of the time and is a big let down. I got irritated within first 15 minutes of the movie because of the photography.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Saw a new good movie after quite some time. in 'Body of Lies', Leonardo Di Caprio plays Roger Ferris, a CIA operative who is trying to identify the terrorist group blowing civilian targets in Europe. His operations are managed by Ed Hoffman played by Russel Crowe.

Roger enlists the help of the head of Jordanian secret service (Hani Salaam) and ends up not knowing who to trust. He is played by both Roger and Hani who are working for their own ends. The plot gets thicker when Roger falls in love with a local girl. He is kidnapped by the bad guys and does not know who is going to save him.

Both Leonardo and Russel plays their roles very well. Leonardo is frustrated and does not know what to do when he is expelled by Jordan. He dreams up a devious scheme to bring the head of the terrorist organization out into the open. Leonardo plays the role of a field operative taking the risks and even bearing bodily harm with panache and a sense of urgency.

Russel Crowe is superb as Ed Hoffman, a self serving middle aged bureaucrat who is completely thick skinned and will use any means to get credit for every success in the middle east. Once in a verbal dual between Ed and Roger, Roger loses his temper and physically kicks Ed off his chair. Russel just gets up as if nothing has happened, as he knows Roger is onto something big. He uses his glasses to represent the bureaucrat who is slimy, and wo will do anything to get what he wants.

The movie has good direction (Ridley Scott) and excellent photography. The dialogues are crisp and easily understandable unlike most American movies.

A movie worth watching.

Cheers

Saw a new good movie after quite some time. in 'Body of Lies', Leonardo Di Caprio plays Roger Ferris, a CIA operative who is trying to identify the terrorist group blowing civilian targets in Europe. His operations are managed by Ed Hoffman played by Russel Crowe.

Roger enlists the help of the head of Jordanian secret service (Hani Salaam) and ends up not knowing who to trust. He is played by both Roger and Hani who are working for their own ends. The plot gets thicker when Roger falls in love with a local girl. He is kidnapped by the bad guys and does not know who is going to save him.

Both Leonardo and Russel plays their roles very well. Leonardo is frustrated and does not know what to do when he is expelled by Jordan. He dreams up a devious scheme to bring the head of the terrorist organization out into the open. Leonardo plays the role of a field operative taking the risks and even bearing bodily harm with panache and a sense of urgency.

Russel Crowe is superb as Ed Hoffman, a self serving middle aged bureaucrat who is completely thick skinned and will use any means to get credit for every success in the middle east. Once in a verbal dual between Ed and Roger, Roger loses his temper and physically kicks Ed off his chair. Russel just gets up as if nothing has happened, as he knows Roger is onto something big. He uses his glasses to represent the bureaucrat who is slimy, and wo will do anything to get what he wants.

The movie has good direction (Ridley Scott) and excellent photography. The dialogues are crisp and easily understandable unlike most American movies.

A movie worth watching.

Cheers

An absolutely fantastic action flick that at times feel disturbingly real. Apart from the excellent direction and photography, the movie benefits from amazingly tight editing and funny dialogues. Funny and profound, never 'preachy'. This movie left me scratching my head wondering why it couldn't make it to the Oscar short-list under any of those many categories. Ofcourse, not to imply that all good movies end up at the Academy or vice-versa...;)

A movie worth watching.

Cheers

I watched this movie in a multiplex. The scene where the villain uses a hammer and hits leo' fingure...oh gash, the sound was also good. A good movie.

An officer and a gentleman

A nice movie to watch for. Richard Gere acting is good and photography is fine. The story is about 13 weeks rigorous naval training that one has to undergo for becoming an Jet flyer, accompanied by romance with local girl.

Thanks,
Prakash

Last edited:
Letters from Iwo Jima

Directed by Clint Eastwood and produced by Steven Speilberg, this movie is a war story. It is a story of how Americans tried to capture island Iwo Jima how the Japanese army defended it and lost it finally. There are many moments in this movie which tells about the worst things of war delicately.

The movie is shot in dull color to keep the violence, blood bath in check. One more best aspect of movie is the audiography. The war scenes brings the surround speakers to life and also checks the subwoofer well.

Thanks,
Prakash.

An officer and a gentleman

A nice movie to watch for. Richard Gere acting is good and photography is fine. The story is about 13 weeks rigorous naval training that one has to undergo for becoming an Jet flyer, accompanied by romance with local girl.

Thanks,
Prakash

One of my all time favorites. Been looking for a DVD but could not source locally. Probably have to get from Amazon.

Attack Force - Action/Adventure
Steven Seagal

Aspect Ratio 4 X 3 Full Screen

The story is about Steven Seagal losing his strike team in a cold-blooded and seemingly random attack, he takes upon himself to investigate the suspicious circumstances of the brutal killing.

Soon he uncovers CTX Majestic, a covert military operation so secret, that now the military wants Steven, to be eliminated to protect their secret.
grue arm Relentless in his pursuit, steven engages in a merciless battle with a drug-dealing operation that appears to be secretly funded by a rouge arm of the military.

Vinay.

Amazing Fact: The largest bird eggs come from the Ostrich. The eggs measure about 15 - 20 cm long, about 10 - 15 cm in diameter and weigh about 1 - 1.8 kg.

Two movies...

Wanted - Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman. Great action, director is the famed Timur Bekmambetov whose movies created a sensation in Russia. Story is about a secret society of assassins, but it's the action that will keep you engrossed, not the story.

Death Race - I like Jason Statham, but did not like Transporter 3 one bit. This is a much better movie and the action is fast and furious till the very end. Race sequences are shot pretty well, but could have been much better. I guess budget limitations did not let them be as loud and explosive as they could have been. Still a decent action flick and an enjoyable one at that.

(1) The Italian Job.
Saw the Blu-Ray to DVD version of the 2003 movie Italian Job. Though I have seen the movie a few times, I really enjoyed it this time. The images were superb and the sound phenomenal. Of particular interest to us is the following dialogue.

After stealing 35 million in gold bullion, the team is standing on a cold frigid mountain raising a toast. The they start discussing what they are going to do with their share.

Handsome Rob (Played by Jason Statham), "You can buy with a lot money. You know I am just thinking about naked ladies in leather seats.'

Left Ear (Played by Mos Def), "Obviously, see?'

Rob, " Suppose I get a Aston Martin Vanquish. There are not a lot ladies won't do on a passenger seat of one of these.'

Lyle (Played by Seth Green), "I am going to get a NAD T 770 digital decoder with a 70 watt amp and a Burr Brown DACs'

The other stare at him as if he has just landed from Mars.

"It is a big stereo with speakers so loud, they blow women's clothes off", says Lyle.

Rob, with a big grin says, "Now you are talking"

At the end when he does get his money, Lyle does make a girl wearing skimpy clothes stand in front of the NAD, and plays it at very high volume to make her scream.

2. The Siege

A lovely movie of how different people approach the same problem in different ways. For Anthony Hubbard, played by Denzel Washington, everything has to be by the book in spite of losing a lot of his colleagues to terrorists bombing. To General Devereaux, played by Bruce Willis, the problem is simply handled by corralling the whole middle eastern population of NY into a football stadium, singling out suspicious characters, and shooting them.

Superb performances by Denzel and Bruce.

Cheers

Bullitt

Watched the movie today and liked it very much.One of the best car chase movies, in the same league with movies like 'Ronin,The French Connection'.

I am not going to reviel the story , better watch it and rate the movie yourself.:)

Quantum Of Solace

Did not like it much when I saw it last year in the theater, but today on the HT at home it rocked, especially the action sequences. Fast, furious and continuous action.

(1) The Italian Job.
Saw the Blu-Ray to DVD version of the 2003 movie Italian Job. Though I have seen the movie a few times, I really enjoyed it this time. The images were superb and the sound phenomenal. Of particular interest to us is the following dialogue.

After stealing 35 million in gold bullion, the team is standing on a cold frigid mountain raising a toast. The they start discussing what they are going to do with their share.

Handsome Rob (Played by Jason Statham), "You can buy with a lot money. You know I am just thinking about naked ladies in leather seats.'

Left Ear (Played by Mos Def), "Obviously, see?'

Rob, " Suppose I get a Aston Martin Vanquish. There are not a lot ladies won't do on a passenger seat of one of these.'

Lyle (Played by Seth Green), "I am going to get a NAD T 770 digital decoder with a 70 watt amp and a Burr Brown DACs'

The other stare at him as if he has just landed from Mars.

"It is a big stereo with speakers so loud, they blow women's clothes off", says Lyle.

Rob, with a big grin says, "Now you are talking"

At the end when he does get his money, Lyle does make a girl wearing skimpy clothes stand in front of the NAD, and plays it at very high volume to make her scream.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! musta touch'd a chord!!

2. The Siege

A lovely movie of how different people approach the same problem in different ways. For Anthony Hubbard, played by Denzel Washington, everything has to be by the book in spite of losing a lot of his colleagues to terrorists bombing. To General Devereaux, played by Bruce Willis, the problem is simply handled by corralling the whole middle eastern population of NY into a football stadium, singling out suspicious characters, and shooting them.

Superb performances by Denzel and Bruce.

Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back