The Movies I Liked

Garden Of Evil...

A group of gunslingers on the hunt for gold in California are stranded in Mexico when their ship breaks down. While in Mexico they are hired by a woman to rescue her husband who is trapped in a gold mine. Four men set out to rescue the woman's husband in harsh Indian territory surrounded by Apaches.

One of Gary Cooper's best westerns, just about perfect in terms of the rest of the cast too.

Garden of Evil (1954)

I won DVD of Batman Darknight in avMax contest.
Just now received DVD(Rs.599), a Sac,Pen, Key chain & Darknight 'T' shirt with it.:yahoo:

High Noon at High Noon (1952)

Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly, a beautiful western, one of the best ever. A Marshall must fight alone to save the town from outlaws while the entire town does not want to help him and/or disowns him.

Congrats Spiro. It's a great movie, have a blast.

When I filled the form ,I just wished I can get it & it came true today.
So far I got from AVMax contest-
1.The Marine
2.Ammo(I didnt wish though)
3.few free DVDs on Subscripton
4.How can I forget, Ratatoue

Spy Game - Suspense

It's not how you play the GAME, it's how the Game Plays you.

Robert Redford - Brad Pitt

The movie is about CIA, how they both travel the world, in a profession fraught with danger and uncertainty, how one of them has gone rogue, and has been jailed on espionage charges, as time runs out, they decide to take the dangerous mission.

Vinay.

Amazing Fact: Children are born without knee caps, but they get formed between the ages 2 and 6.

Con Air at Con Air (1997)

Nonstop action from start to finish. A blast on the home theater. Nicolas Cage is great as always. Must watch action movie about a group of criminals being transported from one prison to another and how they hijack the airplane. It's up to Nicolas Cage to rescue the day...

The Violent Men at The Violent Men (1955)

A western with a different take. A greedy ranch owner who is chasing/scaring/killing off his neighbors to take over their farms and ranches finds he has bitten off more than he can chew when his neighbor, who fought in the army, begins to fight back and with guerrilla tactics he learned in the army during war...

Very nice western!

Memorable quote from the movie - Never meet the enemy on his terms!

Over the last two days I saw few movies. But I was impressed with two movies.

1. Spartan. This is the story of a secret service agent who is assigned to 'recover' the daughter (Bell) of a US leader who is kidnapped. The movie start with the agent Scott, played by Van Kilmer, participating in a recruitment and training drive where he employs brutal methods to separate the men from the boys. He is called in when they find Bell missing. As Scott starts tracing the girl, he is joined by one of the new recruits, Contrary to Scott who just follows orders, the new recruit uses his brain, and finds a lot of things screwy in the kidnapping. When faced with this information, Scott runs alone and rescues the girl.

Van Kilmer does a decent job and portrays the role of a unemotional killer quite well. He does not hesiate to draw a gun or a knife even against women.

2. Pleasantville. I saw this movie on WB channel today and was quite impressed. A brother, played by Tobey Maguire, and his sister are sucked into a B&W TV show about a town called Pleasantville. How their interaction with the local people changes their lives and brings color to the town is engrossing. It was nice to see Toby play a role that is not Spiderman.

A pleasant thing in Pleasantville is a number of pleasant songs. (Hee Hee). One of them is Take Five by Dave Brubeck !!

Cheers

Been on a movie watching spree myself...

The Forbidden Kingdom at The Forbidden Kingdom (2008).

Terrific kung fu action movie with Jackie Chan and Jet Li. Just the pairing of these two superstars for the first time is enough reason to watch the movie.

Two Val Kilmer movies...

The Ghost and the Darkness at The Ghost and the Darkness (1996).

Beautifully shot African landscape! The story of two man-eating lions in Africa and how they are killed by an engineer Val Kilmer whose job it is to build a bridge in Africa. The lions roaring about will give a good workout to your home theater and probably scare a few neighbors especially at nighttime!

The Saint at The Saint (1997).

Val Kilmer plays a hi-tech thief who uses the names of saints hence he is called the saint. Terrific action with the very beautiful Elisabeth Shue in her first major blockbuster. Watch this one, you'll enjoy it very much.

The Ghost And The Darkness is a very good movie.

Over the last few days I have been soaking in Jet Li. I went and picked up one of those stupid 16-in-1 DVDs and watched a lot of English and Chinese movies of Jet Li. Some of The Chinese movies did not have subtitles and was disappointing. The movies included:
  1. The One (Great movie)
  2. Danny The Dog (I did not like this movie. Degrades Jet Li badly.)
  3. Romeo Must Die (Good one)
  4. Cradle To The Grave (Another good one)
  5. Kiss of The Dragon (Good Action)
  6. Fist of Legend (Decent)
  7. The Master (Decent)
  8. The Defector (Decent)
  9. The Contract Killer (OK)
  10. The Enforcer (Kind of cute about the story of a father and son both of whom are fighting their own battles)
  11. Moo Him Wong (Could not understand anything)
  12. Meltdown
  13. Swordsman
  14. Lord Of The Wu Tang.

Some of the Chinese just glorify Jet Li's fighting without any story or plot.

But it is sad Jet Li has stopped acting.

Cheers

Some must watch Jet Li movies -
1. Huo Yuan Jia or Fearless.
2. Ying xiong or The Hero.
3. Once Upon A Time In China (all parts).
4. The Forbidden Kingdom.
5. Bodyguard From Beijing - This is a very old movie and story wise etc. its nothing great, but the action is great.

These are apart from the movies Venkatji has mentioned.

BTW Venkatji, I thought Jet Li had only said he would not make martial arts movies anymore. Totally stopping acting is news to me. IMBD though has him in The Expendables as coming in 2010. Let's hope he continues to make more movies after this one.

The Ghost And The Darkness is a very good movie.

Over the last few days I have been soaking in Jet Li. I went and picked up one of those stupid 16-in-1 DVDs and watched a lot of English and Chinese movies of Jet Li. Some of The Chinese movies did not have subtitles and was disappointing. The movies included:
  1. The One (Great movie)
  2. Danny The Dog (I did not like this movie. Degrades Jet Li badly.)
  3. Romeo Must Die (Good one)
  4. Cradle To The Grave (Another good one)
  5. Kiss of The Dragon (Good Action)
  6. Fist of Legend (Decent)
  7. The Master (Decent)
  8. The Defector (Decent)
  9. The Contract Killer (OK)
  10. The Enforcer (Kind of cute about the story of a father and son both of whom are fighting their own battles)
  11. Moo Him Wong (Could not understand anything)
  12. Meltdown
  13. Swordsman
  14. Lord Of The Wu Tang.

Some of the Chinese just glorify Jet Li's fighting without any story or plot.

But it is sad Jet Li has stopped acting.

Cheers

BTW Venkatji, I thought Jet Li had only said he would not make martial arts movies anymore. Totally stopping acting is news to me. IMBD though has him in The Expendables as coming in 2010. Let's hope he continues to make more movies after this one.

There was Time issue some time ago with Jet Li on the cover. He has set up a agency to help people and has decided to spend all his time there. Is this a Chinese way of setting up our good old Ashram? He is actually going out and collecting money for the philanthropy work he has undertaken. He may be telling CEOs, 'Give a million dollars or I will do 'The Enforcer' on you.' :). Just joking. He is a nice guy and seems to be helping people genuinely.

Whatever movie(s) is(are) being released may be his fulfilling commitments that he had already given.

Cheers

Congo at Congo (1995).

Decent action flick set in the African jungles about a group hunting for King Solomon's diamond mines. SFX are great when the gorillas go on the rampage, just like the lions roaring in The Ghost And The Darkness. Now have to check out the Jurassic Park Trilogy for the SFX.

Also please mention the websites where we can order online good movies. Nowadays, all you get in market is 5 in 1 DVDs which are useless and give more headache than fun. Most of the movies don't have 5.1 surround sound.:sad:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back