The Movies I Liked

Black Hawk Down (2001)

A beautiful movie based on a true story. Loaded with future Hollywood stars. Shows war/fighting is always futile. The SFX are great and will give a great workout for your HT. Must watch indeed, but not for the squeamish.

The X Files (1998)

Very well made, the transition from TV to the big screen is made effortlessly in this first part. Story is the usual X-Files scenario. An absolute must if you are a fan of the X-Files on TV.

The X Files: I Want to Believe (2008)

While not a great improvement or anything spectacular it is still a very well made movie and reunites the team of X-Files. Only gotcha is it's more of a serial killer/murder mystery than the stuff the X-Files was made of. A good movie, but not what you expect from the X-Files.

Strangers

Jimmy Sheirgill, Kay Kay Menon, Sonali Kulkarni

This movie was released around a year ago.

The movie did not do good business, but i liked it.

The movie is shot abroad, the story is about an overnight journey in a business class compartment, where 2 strangers meet, talk and decide they would kill each other's wife to rid each other of the hell they are trapped in.

Vinay.

Amazing Fact: A woman blinks twice as much as a man.

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

An adaptation of 3 books, "The Bad Beginning", "The Reptile Room", and "The Wide Window", it tells the story of 3 orphaned siblings who are left on their own, and their adventures in the big bad world.

Jim Carey totally steals the show with his portrayal of the cunning and evil Count Olaf who wants to usurp the fortune of the 3 Baudelaire orphans.

The sets are colorful and bright. Although the pace seems slow at times, I thoroughly enjoyed the way the story moves from the Count's mansion to the Reptile Room, and then to the cottage on the Mountain Edge and back.

This movie may not go down well with those wanting a fast paced action thriller with lots of FX. However, there are some good special effects which fit well into the storyline. Each character is beautifully introduced by the narrator, played by Jude Law, who lurks in the shadows and we can only hear his voice.

8MM2 - Thriller

Her sexual appetites could get a man killed

4 X 3 Full Screen Format

Johnathon Schaech - Lori Heuring

The story is about underground world of peep shows, nude clubs and live Internet sex. It is about a politician, secretly filmed in a steamy three-way, desperate to find out the extortionist who's demanding huge amount of money for the negatives, it has murder and kidnap too.

Vinay.

Amazon.com: Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy [Blu-ray]: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley: Movies & TV

Great movies and great fun. Have seen them numerous times courtesy of my nephews and nieces who just love Johnny Depp in this series. On Blu-Ray the trilogy is awesome. Only problem is all 3 are in AC3/Dolby Digital. No HD Audio and not even DTS. Now I'm wondering if we need HD Audio AVRs at all. Even on the Blu-Ray specs only Dolby Digital is given as essential. All the rest like DTS, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA are optional. All the Blu-Ray discs I've run into are coming with 1080P, but only AC3. Anyone else noted this problem? Or am I shopping on the wrong page/link on Amazon?

I've seen the first part with Nicolas Cage & Joaquin Phoenix and it's awesome. Did not know a sequel was made.

8MM2 - Thriller

Her sexual appetites could get a man killed

4 X 3 Full Screen Format

Johnathon Schaech - Lori Heuring

The story is about underground world of peep shows, nude clubs and live Internet sex. It is about a politician, secretly filmed in a steamy three-way, desperate to find out the extortionist who's demanding huge amount of money for the negatives, it has murder and kidnap too.

Vinay.

Hey Moserw, you have not seen any movie for 10 days? Are you not having withdrawal symptoms? :):):):):):)

Yesterday I saw a cute movie - After The Sunset - starring Pierce Brosnan as Max Burdett, Salma Hayek as Lola Cirillo, and Woody Harrelson as Stan Lloyd.

Max is a master thief being chased by Stan (who is an FBI agent) for over 7 years. Max always has impeccable alibi every time a theft happens. After snatching a bagful of diamonds from Stan's hands, Max retires to the Bahamas. But temptation comes to him again in the form a large diamond owned by Napoleon.

I got this DVD from Eagle under their 'Blockbuster @ 99' series. The picture quality is superb as is the sound quality. The movie is full of long shots showing the sunrise and sunset in the Bahamas as well as good cinematography of other places.

A good and clean movie that can be enjoyed by everyone. Pierce looks good even now, though he has not lost the James Bond swagger. Salma acts as a the lusty wench very well indeed. The dialogues are full of repartee and double meaning.

Cheers

hi, recomending a couple of movies thats worth watching 1--THE WRESTLER (*mickey rourke ,marisa tomei) dvd region 1, PQ/SQ good , terrific performance from mik rourke,,the movie is slow paced but highly recomended. 2---13B (*madavan) ,dvd from Big home Video ,PQ/SQ very average, but the movie is very engaging ,has a good story line ,though wished the direction was a little bit tight but it made up in the last 30 min---worth a watch,also wished the quality of the Dvd was better

Hey Moserw, you have not seen any movie for 10 days? Are you not having withdrawal symptoms? :):):):):):)

Been traveling sir. I did catch Behind Enemy Lines on Star Movies in the hotel room telly and I was thinking it should sound great on the HT with all the explosions going off.

READER---dvd region 1, PQ cant be better, SQ not much to talk about ,,,the movie is slow paced but worth watching ,great acting from kate winslet

Two lesser (?) known Christian Bale movies I'd watched recently. I would recommend them both!

1. Rescue Dawn (2006) - A US Fighter pilot's epic struggle of survival after being shot down on a mission over Laos during the Vietnam War.

2. Harsh Times (2005) - A tough-minded drama about two friends in South Central Los Angeles and the violence that comes between them.

Two lesser (?) known Christian Bale movies I'd watched recently. I would recommend them both!

1. Rescue Dawn (2006) - A US Fighter pilot's epic struggle of survival after being shot down on a mission over Laos during the Vietnam War.

2. Harsh Times (2005) - A tough-minded drama about two friends in South Central Los Angeles and the violence that comes between them.

Some more movies of Mr. Bale that I enjoyed immensely...

3:10 to Yuma (2007)

The New World (2005)

Reign of Fire (2002)

RESCUE DAWN -----is classy , GREAT performances!!

I have been diligently looking at all the titles that are available from Eagle DVD as part of their 'Blockbuster @99'. One title I saw yesterday was 'The Mask' starring Jim Carrey. Though a 1994 movie and one I have seen many times, I thoroughly enjoyed this DVD all over again. The images were very clear, and I really liked the clarity with which the dialogues were presented. Jim's superb acting in this movie came forward again with added gusto, and it was a pleasure watching Jim's facial antics and mischief.

Cheers

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back