The Movies I Liked

Saw "Inside Man"- i suspect I had seen it earlier too . wish there could be a way to track my playlist.

Good movie and there is an easter egg in the opening & closing credits !

Yes hearing a lot about this movie lately, I have "acquired" it, will see it for sure in a day or two.

Another recco : "The Founder " - was a bit late in watching this, but a nice watch overall. Story about the McDonald's empire and the guys who started it & how.

Spoiler Alert

Hugh Jackman's last acting Wolverine character this franchise movie. This time he gets beaten to a pulp, breaking his bones, rip out his flesh till dead.The action sequence is less but good rather than violence is brutal but fantastically choreographed, Laura character that little girl killing in Godspeed compare to Wolverine.

Logan (2017)
R | 2h 17min | Action, Drama, Sci-Fi | 3 March 2017

If I have to pick one movie to enjoy my HT setup (both surround audio and video), it has to be "The Dark Knight" Blu-ray.:ohyeah:

Get Out (2017)

Is it worth the hype (99% rotten tomato rating)? Not really. Is it worth watching? Yes!

I was surprised by how good this movie was. The casting is pretty good, especially Catherine Keener as the mother. I remembered Kaluuya from one of the memorable episodes of "Black Mirror". It is generally viewed as a satire about the relationship between blacks and the white liberals (and hence the 99% rotten tomatoes rating). But, it also works nicely as a straight thriller* without pushing it in the face.

* When I was younger, supernatural things = horror, Rest = Thriller. Now, everything is [insert something]-horror. Why?

Logan (2017)

The 'action-and-cgi-packed-to-the-hilt' format of super-hero movies have been getting close to the point of exhaustion. But, this one? I really liked. This is the first movie in the X-Men universe that reminds me a little of Nolan's Batman trilogy for its dark and "realistic" things. Hugh Jackman gives his best performance as Wolverine in his swansong as that character. The fights are good and the kills are brutal (which makes you want to thank the success of "Deadpool" without which this wouldn't be "R" rated). It portrays the X-men at a vulnerable human level which is refreshing to see. But, I wish it had gone all the way in terms of 'realism' as there are a few places which felt kind of convenient and/or conventional.

Your Name (2016)

This has become the highest grossing anime film of all time (crossing Miyazaki's "Spirited Away").

This is the first film of Makoto Shinkai that I really liked. His earlier efforts ((My Opinion) were highlight reels for the ability of his team to draw detailed, gorgeous, almost realistic landscapes and skies. But they were also just romantic animes that felt longer than they really are. The difference this time is this one has a plot. At first, it seems like something which has been done before, but then a twist two-thirds of the way makes it interesting once again. Secondly, this one got the pacing right. I was not bored for the entire running time. Whenever there is an 'aerial shot' or an image of the sky, the animation is fantastic. But they did not let it come in the way of the story.

Would agree every word about Logan you said, was an ultimate movie ...

Wonder Woman (2017) - IMDb - Really nice and well done... definitely worth a watch on the big screen. After Deadpool and Logan, this is another superhero movie that hits it out of the park.

Movie has got a bit of everything - comedy, humor, action, CGI, good looking leads, etc. but the way everything gels/comes together really works very well for Wonder Woman. In particular the performances are good all around, and the action is very well done.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back