The Movies I Liked

These are old time classics, few I can add more if old classics are to be included

unforgiven,
the wild bunch
butch cassidy and the sundance kid
dances with the wolves (another KC masterpiece)
Hang em High

A special mention to a movie called Last Man Standing Bruce Willis, this movie was not taken well by the audience and IMDB also has an avg score, BUT BOY oh I loved this movie to the core, the action sequences are top notch, the noir genre at its best if you ask me, and an ever satisfying ending (much like OR ending) made the movie for me.

Oops, Last Man Standing not watched...Now added to watchlist:)

Western means, Mind will strike "Clint Eastwood" only. Mostly watched all movies of Clint Eastwood :)

I have heard about it, but have not watched it. The average rating could be because it is a version of Kurosawa's "Yojimbo" and people kept comparing the two.

"A Fistful of Dollars" is also a copy of "Yojimbo". Kurosawa actually sued Leone for that. A comparison between the two can be found here.

"The Magnificent Seven" was a remake of "Seven Samurai". Comparison between "Seven Samurai" and the two "Magnificent Seven" movies can be found here.

It is another matter that "Yojimbo" itself is like a western, except with samurais in it. Here is a fantastic post about Yojimbo's own influences (and it is a good thread to read too!).

Kurosawa was an easy sell in the west because his movies were 'westernized'. But his films, in turn, influenced so many others including 'Star Wars' drawing from 'Hidden Fortress'. So, the circle of influence keeps spinning around!

All this late-night reading about Kurosawa and 'Yojimbo' make me want to watch it again. And due to the strong approval from you, sam9s! I'll watch "Open range" as well! :)

Wow...Good research and comparison. :)

I have heard about it, but have not watched it. The average rating could be because it is a version of Kurosawa's "Yojimbo" and people kept comparing the two.

"A Fistful of Dollars" is also a copy of "Yojimbo". Kurosawa actually sued Leone for that. A comparison between the two can be found here.

"The Magnificent Seven" was a remake of "Seven Samurai". Comparison between "Seven Samurai" and the two "Magnificent Seven" movies can be found here.

It is another matter that "Yojimbo" itself is like a western, except with samurais in it. Here is a fantastic post about Yojimbo's own influences (and it is a good thread to read too!).

Kurosawa was an easy sell in the west because his movies were 'westernized'. But his films, in turn, influenced so many others including 'Star Wars' drawing from 'Hidden Fortress'. So, the circle of influence keeps spinning around!

All this late-night reading about Kurosawa and 'Yojimbo' make me want to watch it again. And due to the strong approval from you, sam9s! I'll watch "Open range" as well! :)

wow extremely new info to me ... never knew all these were inspired and remakes ....thnx for sharing:)

Shattered(1991)
Alfred Hitchcock style of movie, with not that kind of finesse but still watchable.I definitely did not expect the twist at the end even if it defied logic.
2.5 out of 5 stars.
P.s..there are several movies with the same title.

Shattered(1991)
Alfred Hitchcock style of movie, with not that kind of finesse but still watchable.I definitely did not expect the twist at the end even if it defied logic.
2.5 out of 5 stars.
P.s..there are several movies with the same title.

Wow...It's Wolfgang Petersen movie...Added to watchlist :)

Don't miss "Das Boot (1981)"...If not watched.:ohyeah:

Into the white.
A very different kind of world war two movie,loads of humour,friendship between enemies,drama and feel good emotions through out.Might feel like a stage play at times since the entire movie is shot in a single location with a handful of real good actors.I liked it very much since I could relate to the characters,especially the artist.
A must watch in my list,a movie which I would never forget.
4 out of 5 stars.

Colony.
Amazing detailing to the period pertaining to the story.fast paced crime thriller,keeps you hooked to the story,more so because it was a real one.
Good performance from the lead pair,especially the heroine.
2.5 out of 5 stars

Mr. Church

Brilliant acting, great script, probably one of the best movies I have seen in a while. Eddie Murphy's best acting so far, that too in a dead serious role. Reminded me a bit of Labor Day.

Colony.
Amazing detailing to the period pertaining to the story.fast paced crime thriller,keeps you hooked to the story,more so because it was a real one.
Good performance from the lead pair,especially the heroine.
2.5 out of 5 stars

Do you mean which "Colony":confused: Always mention year or link:)

The Colony (2013)

The Colony (2015)

Watched Both movies are awesome: yahoo:...Don't miss it :)

SARAH'S KEY
Half french(english subtitles)and half English movie.
French film making is very different from those of hollywood.
Screen play and direction are very fluid without much editting magic thrust inspite of the story going back and forth in times.
A very memorable world war movie which I will never forget.
You couldn't prevent feeling sorry for sarah.
A must watch in my list
4 out of 5 stars.
The child star playing sarah was splendid.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back