The Movies I Liked

SARAH'S KEY
Half french(english subtitles)and half English movie.
French film making is very different from those of hollywood.
Screen play and direction are very fluid without much editting magic thrust inspite of the story going back and forth in times.
A very memorable world war movie which I will never forget.
You couldn't prevent feeling sorry for sarah.
A must watch in my list
4 out of 5 stars.
The child star playing sarah was splendid.

Good Movie : yahoo:

Watch this also..If not watched :)

In Darkness (2011)

A great film with a humor side of Sherlock Holmes, rather call it Dr. Watson being Holmes himself. A different perspective through the eyes of Holmes. Certainly a good watch with lots of laughs.
Amazing acting by both Michael Caine & Ben Kingsley.

Without a Clue (1988) - IMDb

MV5BMTMwNzg3ODUxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc1Nzg0NQ@@._V1_QL50_.jpg

Death proof
Well,if you like tarantino s style of film making,you will like this.unlike his inglorious basterds,this can not be watched with the family,all through the movie you hear dialogues only about private parts.
2.5 out of 5 star
A different kind of a crime thriller

Death Proof was one weird movie, BUT I LOVED IT, It was awesome .... .. I have loved all QT movies except maybe Jacky Brown, I have not seen Kill Bill - The whole bloody affair ....but rest are all just masterpieces, with few in my all time top movies of the century. I would have given 3.5/5 and as per my rating 7.2/10 for this one.

All qt movies are weird,he wants them to be.

PERFUME
The making of the film,cinematography, costumes,sets,editing, direction, all exude sheer class(do not know if they won awards),but everything goes down the drain since the very plot is disgusting.(was it a French movie dubbed)
Wished the makers made a film with a different story with the same team.
If you think about the movie days after watching,which I did,then the film wins with the rationalization of the plot.
4 out of 5 stars but minus 4 stars for the plot.

All qt movies are weird,he wants them to be.

PERFUME
The making of the film,cinematography, costumes,sets,editing, direction, all exude sheer class(do not know if they won awards),but everything goes down the drain since the very plot is disgusting.(was it a French movie dubbed)
Wished the makers made a film with a different story with the same team.
If you think about the movie days after watching,which I did,then the film wins with the rationalization of the plot.
4 out of 5 stars but minus 4 stars for the plot.

:clapping:

Another good mystery.....The Illusionist (2006)

COP CAR
What a gripping movie they have made with a single line story and just 5 actors of which two are small boys who have performed really well.
I like such hollywood movies that have no back ground score.
An engaging crime thriller.
3 out of 5stars.
But I don't know what happened in the climax.!

THE MECHINIST
Another director who is inspired by Hitchcock.
Would have made a good novel to read but as a film,needed faster pace and a bit of editting.
2 out of 5 stars.

Deception
Quite neat and stylish.
Sad to note that this was the director's first and the only movie and he is no more.
If not for the adult theme, this would have found a wider audience.

3 out of 5 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
HARD CANDY
A disgusting story and a movie.
I did not know how it cost 1million dollors to make this movie with two actors in one room.Background score is aweful.
I did not understand why the hero jumps off the roof at the end since he repeatedly pleads that he has done no wrong.
Zero stars.
What a crap.

Mod message : Why do you reveal the end??

HARD CANDY was one ULTIMATE MOVIE...... Unique in itself. I love movies that are hard hitting. HC was was awesome

And BTW .. I would strongly urge to put SPOILERS TAG before discussing any aspect of any movie on this thread. Hope you will keep that in mind before next posting

GONE
Tries to be an intelligent crime thriller,but it is not.
Why do a producer or a director waste their time and money when an honest attempt is not made to find a story.
A waste of time.

High crimes.
SPOILER ALERT
The director wanted it to be an intelligent crime thriller,where no one could have expected that twist in the end.He might have succeded,but it defies all logic to think that a smart attorney ashley judd would marry some one without a background check.
Quite well made and keeps one engaged,the court scenes are interesting.
3 out of 5 stars.
What is Ashley judd doing these days,am her fan.

Mod Alert: Please add spoiler alert as edited above

Friends
Please add 'Spoiler Alert' in bold on top of your post if it is revealing crucial elements of the plot of the movie you are rating/reviewing. Any such post noticed or reported will be removed.

The Beautiful Fantastic (2016)
It is an English drama/comedy and it keeps you engaged. Tom Wilkinson and Andrew Scott are amazing.

Greater Elephant (2012)
Second Direction of Srinivas Sunderrajan. A black comedy about everyone's quest. The same director also was an assistant director for the movie "The Pool" starring Nana Patekar. Definitely will keep his movies in the wishlist.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back