The Movies I Liked

A United Kingdom is based on the true story of Seretse Khama.The black man and white woman fell in love and married in the late 1940s, and their controversial relationship started a political storm in both England and Africa. Love. Relentless, undying and overstepping all obstacles, including the Empire. Conquering all. Beautiful in pictures and spirit. David Oyelowo and Rosamund Pike lead the entire movie.

A United Kingdom (2016) 6/10
PG-13 | 1h 51min | Biography, Drama, Romance | 10 February 2017

Please have some shame Mr shreeux. You are just copying others review.
The above you copied from https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/a-united-kingdom
:p

Taking lives
Hitchcock kind of a movie but fell quite short of being one.
Some parts were very stylish and well made,may be these were directed by the director and the rest by his assistants.
Nevertheless it was very stylish and I liked it.
Canada looked beautiful.

The Judge (2014)

Haven't watched much of Robert Downey Jr. but this one is really impressive. The Story revolves around Downey Jr who is a lawyer & has to defend his father who is a sitting Judge charged with killing an ex convict. Besides the court room drama the movie also deals with personal relationships to a great extent (a bit longish movie) & has a nice emotional quotient to it but never feels a drag. It was great to see the talented Billy Bob Thornton making his mark as the public prosecutor.

8/10

Available on Amazon Prime Videos.

Just finished watching 'Jack The Ripper' starring Michael Caine. Released in 1988 and set in the Victorian days, its a great 2-part TV series, but more looks like a 3 hr movie. Highly recommended for the stunning performance of Michael Caine in his early days and others as well. Very nicely directed with good reasoning to the findings.

Jack the Ripper (TV Series 1988 ) - IMDb

MV5BNzc1MzYyOTc1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTM0NjYxMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL__QL50.jpg

a couple of movies which i saw recently & recall....

Baahubali 2 - *no words reqd* :)
nevertheless, cinematography & sound FX (CGI is a given) blew me away! the opening credits background soundtrack ('Shivam') & background score to the battle scene at the last by MM Keeravani (also known popularly as MM 'Kreem') felt superb to me! its a larger than larger than life movie! and its loud (all these exclamation marks should convey it to you ;))! movie gradually picks pace when it comes to action, and then its non-stop high-octane later. best experience is to be had in IMAX! in atmos, it could be even louder so ranking it second. may be i'll watch it a second time later, as well as BB1 too (had missed watching it in theatre).

The Wailing (2016) - SoKo horror movie. takes time to build up on you. proceeds gradually. for initial some time, its laced with a few humour-scenes. its a slow, quiet movie for much of the time. slowly starts turning grim & after mid-time turns grislier. a bit gripping towards the end (there's a twist then there's a twist to the twist). its a little lengthy @ ~2.5 hrs. one-time watch for me. would give it 6.8/10.

Ghazi attack on Blu-ray.
It was a treat to listen to the quality sound effects in a Bollywood movie.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

not of bollywod. Telugu film industry. slight nitpick but of some significance nonetheless. :)

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back