The Movies I Liked

War on Everyone (2016) - IMDb - An ok movie, could have been something special (when you consider the premise), but nonetheless it's fun (for the most part).

Alexander Skarsgrd and Michael Pea gel well together, but Theo James is totally wasted.

Audio is quite good in that it goes real low in quite a few instances, had a deep roar and sometimes a subwoofer rumble/buzz going on all the time. Quite a good test for your HT especially in the LFE.

The Hunter's Prayer (2017) - IMDb - Not much to go on. Hitman develops a conscience and wants to save the life of a young girl. Sam Worthington is wasted, and likewise Odeya Rush. Rest of the cast don't matter, the action is lame and not in the least bit thrilling.

Give it a miss.

tellnoone72.jpg

If you like tautly scripted crime thrillers with great acting and U2's music, 2006 French movie Tell No One is for you!

Go tell everyone about it.

Have you ever wondered about the nature of revenge in movies, & in general!

What sort of revenge would you rather have - kill your enemy & be done with it or leave it to God?

The good samaritan in you would rather forgive and forget eh!

Not so here.

Cartel-nuevo-de-el-secreto-de-sus-ojos.jpg

One of most uplifting and thrilling films I have seen. No hype here.

Search term: The Secret in Their Eyes

The Mummy (2017) - IMDb - Needn't have been made, the 1999 version is so much better. It's not a really bad movie, but with stars like Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe one does expect better, much better in fact. Nothing about the story really... girl is turned into a mummy some thousands of years before in Egypt and is now back to reclaim her throne and it's up to our heroes to save the day.

On the larger picture this is part of Universal's Dark Universe so there might be a sequel or at least the stars reprising their roles in other "Dark Universe" monster movies.

Strictly for fans of Tom Cruise, perhaps not even then.

Have you ever wondered about the nature of revenge in movies, & in general!

What sort of revenge would you rather have - kill your enemy & be done with it or leave it to God?

The good samaritan in you would rather forgive and forget eh!

Not so here.

One of most uplifting and thrilling films I have seen. No hype here.

Search term: The Secret in Their Eyes

Watched both versions...Spanish was good:)

The Secret in Their Eyes (2009)

Secret in Their Eyes (2015)

The Infiltrator (2016) - IMDb - Bryan Cranston is his usual brilliant self and delivers yet again. It's a must watch for his captivating performance. The support cast of John Leguizamo, Diane Kruger, Joseph Gilgun, and Benjamin Bratt is equally good, and also there is a cameo by Olympia Dukakis.

The story is about the US wanting to bring down the drug cartels, and especially Pablo Escobar in the 1980s. It's about how they follow the money, setup honey traps, etc. and catch the criminals with proof.

The movie is a slow burner, not much in terms of action, but what holds the interest is the suspense and the mystery of what's going to happen next. Nearly superb performances by everyone, and especially Bryan Cranston, as well as the human element and the suspense make it a must watch movie indeed.

Awesome movie..:)

How or where you pick the best movies...All you watched?

Shreeux, thanks for liking my recommendations! I have seen every movie I have posted here! I was part of a film club in college and in Uk where I lived for a year! I was introduced to many wonderful movies there. Of course, Google and some kind hearted friends who are movie freaks always chip in with their recommendations!!

A big thank you to you and all movie lovers on HFV for your recommendations. Would love to see each and every one of them, time permitting!!

The Infiltrator (2016) - IMDb - Bryan Cranston is his usual brilliant self and delivers yet again. It's a must watch for his captivating performance. The support cast of John Leguizamo, Diane Kruger, Joseph Gilgun, and Benjamin Bratt is equally good, and also there is a cameo by Olympia Dukakis.

The story is about the US wanting to bring down the drug cartels, and especially Pablo Escobar in the 1980s. It's about how they follow the money, setup honey traps, etc. and catch the criminals with proof.

The movie is a slow burner, not much in terms of action, but what holds the interest is the suspense and the mystery of what's going to happen next. Nearly superb performances by everyone, and especially Bryan Cranston, as well as the human element and the suspense make it a must watch movie indeed.

Yes, Good Movie watched already...You may try this...Escobar: Paradise Lost (2014) :)

Shreeux, thanks for liking my recommendations! I have seen every movie I have posted here! I was part of a film club in college and in Uk where I lived for a year! I was introduced to many wonderful movies there. Of course, Google and some kind hearted friends who are movie freaks always chip in with their recommendations!!

A big thank you to you and all movie lovers on HFV for your recommendations. Would love to see each and every one of them, time permitting!!

I was wonder...your list of movies watched here...most of them, I was posted earlier here or another forum and other members also posted good movie better than me...You may scroll down select good movies :)

The Frozen Ground (2013) - IMDb - One of Nicolas Cage's most understated performances along with John Cusack making for one really terrifying and chilling villian make this an excellent movie. If you forgo the actors and their performances then there is nothing much to write about the movie and it can be given the miss.

However, if you are into either Nicolas Cage and/or John Cusack then this is a must watch indeed for their performances alone. Brings back memories of Con Air. Nicolas Cage is a study in determination, and John Cusack is a study in creepiness.

The story is about Robert Hansen, AKA the "Butcher Baker", one of America's most notorious serial killers and how the cops catch him.

Yo! Not sure of this qualifies but here it goes...

MV5BMTI2NDcyOTc2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc3NjA3Mg@@._V1_QL50_SY1000_CR0,0,677,1000_AL_.jpg

A wonderfully made documentary on the electric guitar from the point of view of three guitar legends.

The opening shot alone is right on the money!

Los cronocrmenes (2007) - IMDb - Super duper movie... it's like a loop within a loop within a loop. Intricate layers that will begin to unravel and make sense as the movie unfolds. Amazingly the suspense and the interplay holds up till the very end.

Highly recommended for all movie buffs, and especially fans of sci-fi and suspense.

Yes.....Watched already.:yahoo:

Los cronocrmenes (2007) - IMDb - Super duper movie... it's like a loop within a loop within a loop. Intricate layers that will begin to unravel and make sense as the movie unfolds. Amazingly the suspense and the interplay holds up till the very end.

Highly recommended for all movie buffs, and especially fans of sci-fi and suspense.

English version is called Timecrimes, right?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back