The Movies I Liked

I stole it from here. I am not sure if it means the same thing, but this one is To stir the pot. :ohyeah: That forum has some awesome smilies, some that would possibly give heart attacks to 'conservative' people...
eyebrows.gif

'oftentimes just for the thrill of confrontation.' huh?:D

cheers,
sri

Luck By Chance

A good movie and it's quiet funny. The director tries to project how things works in Bollywood. Good Music too.

Also this movie has some good Photography. Especially the colours department is good. I feel this dvd can be used as a test dvd for checking the colors.

Thanks,
Prakash.

My brother bought a DVD of Golmaal (1979) from Rhythm House. I was excited seeing the cover as it said it is digitally remastered and also had Dolby digtal 5.1 which is of no use for me as of now as I dont have a HT. When I opened the box and took the disc in my hand I saw many DOTS on the recording surface. I think it wont been have a problem but I am not sure, just assuming. But I decided since I have not even played it once I should get in exchanged. The guys at Rhythm house did not argue about exchanging but they personally checked the replacement. They must have opened 4 or 5 copies of Golmaal and all had the same problem. In the end he just told that you can buy anything else instead of this and if you dont want to buy anything now get the sealed dvd next time and they will refund that much amount. The cost of the DVD was Rs 200 and was from Shemaro.
So anyone buying Shemaro DVD just be careful and check the dvd. I have not had this problem even with Mosrbaer DVDs which they sell for just Rs. 50

Bought Shree 420 DVD (Shemaroo, Rs.169/-) a couple of weeks back. Seems to be OK. The spots must be a one-off thing....

I could not resist myself and opened the cover. There are comparatively lesser spots then the other dvd :)

Rikhav, unless some corrosive material has formed the spots, I suspect they could be just fungus due to moisture in the air and can be wiped clean. In a bid to cut costs, Shemaroo may be taking short cuts in packaging.

TNT Audio recommends using wood furniture spray (Fabello by Manitoba: Cd treatment fluid???) to remove all spots from CD/DVD. I am sure a soft cloth with plain distilled water will also work.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks Venkat Sir
I will try that if the dvd has any problem while playing

ROCKNROLLA

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The movie has GuyRitchie's style written all over it with witty dialogues, humour, twits etc... I have loved his other works and this movie is sure to make you smile :)

Thanks,
Prakash.

Attachments

• rocknrolla_ver2.jpg
    rocknrolla_ver2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 52
Annie Hall

If you like Woody Allen works then this is sure to get in to your collection. The screenplay is superb and the dialogues too. Kudos to director for trying this kind of screenplay in 1977 itself.

Thanks,
Prakash

Attachments

• annie-hall1.jpg
    annie-hall1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 52
Escape from Sobibor

Based on a true event, Movie about Jewish prisoners escaping from the death camp Sobibor. Hard to see how Jews were killed and tortured by the Nazis.

Thanks,Prakash

Attachments

• escape.from.sobibor-fr.jpg
    escape.from.sobibor-fr.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
If you like Woody Allen works then this is sure to get in to your collection. The screenplay is superb and the dialogues too. Kudos to director for trying this kind of screenplay in 1977 itself.

Thanks,
Prakash

Prakash,
if u liked annie hall, you'll like these 2 as well :-
1. when harry met sally
2. before sunrise
two of the most intelligently scripted movies that you will ever see ...

Escape from Sobibor

Based on a true even Movie about Jewish prisoners escaping from the death camp Sobibor. Hard to see how Jews were killed and tortured by the Nazis.

Thanks,Prakash

Prakash,

That is an awesome movie. IMHO a must watch for every one. I watched it for the first time long back on the recommendations of the brother of my closest friend. He was also like a brother to me. He is no more now. Went young in a two wheeler accident. Whenever i see the title i am reminded of that lovely guy.
Thanks for recommending the movie to the forum guys.

cheers,
sri

Annie Hall

Thanks,
Prakash

Talking of Woody Allen - Mighty Aphrodite - is indeed wonderful. I enjoyed the movie very much and do recommend it heartily.

Well, The English Patient, was a movie with a romantic touch. It had excellent screenplay and even better acting.

I would never compare this movie with 'No Country for Old men'. :). But that is just me.

Maybe it didn't make much sense as I was probably only in my 10th standard when I saw the movie, but it's also equally possible that it was just me... :ohyeah:

Maybe it didn't make much sense as I was probably only in my 10th standard when I saw the movie, but it's also equally possible that it was just me... :ohyeah:

Well there are definitely pluses to viewing such movies earlier on in life.:) But it always is interesting to revisit them later on.

I have a bad habit of not re-reading books that I have already read or watching again a movie that I have already watched. I wish I could break free of that mould.

Well there are definitely pluses to viewing such movies earlier on in life.:) But it always is interesting to revisit them later on.

I have a bad habit of not re-reading books that I have already read or watching again a movie that I have already watched. I wish I could break free of that mould.

Ah, well, let me see if I can get my hands on a copy of the English Patient and report back...

Prakash,
if u liked annie hall, you'll like these 2 as well :-
1. when harry met sally
2. before sunrise
two of the most intelligently scripted movies that you will ever see ...

I have watched both. But Annie Hall was better :)

Thanks,
Prakash.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back