The Movies I Liked

51SPUcKBiLL._SS500_.jpg

The TV series that it started it all for Bruce Willis though Die Hard brought him fame and made him a household name.

Thanks for the thumbs up sir. Nic Cage is one of my favorite heroes but he has been making a lot of turkeys lately and have not caught up on some of his recent work. Based on your review have ordered it.

10808.jpg

Saw a movie after quite some time that kept me gripped to my seat. 'Knowing' stars Nicholas Cage as John Koestler, a professor of Astrophysics at MIT. His son, Caleb, gets an envelope that was buried in a time capsule 50 years before by students of the same school where he is studying. The envelope has a sheet with a lot of numbers written on it. Slightly alcoholic, John sits one night and stares at the numbers. Something clicks and he realises that the numbers refer to a series of events that happened around the world, after the note was written. Each event leads to death and the number of people dead is specifically mentioned in the note against each date. Some numbers are confusing and John realises they coordinates where the events occur. John is actually a observer two such events where he watches helplessly as people die.

John's son, Caleb, start hearing whispers in his ears, as do a number of other people. What this leads to is to be enjoyed in the movie.

The movie has a number of extraordinary scenes. One I liked very much was the crash of a plane that they show in great detail.

You can hate or love this movie. But please don;t try to bring any religious sentiment to it. Just enjoy it as a SciFi movie it is.

6578.jpg

Get a good copy of the movie and enjoy it. I believe the movie has been in production for quite some time.

Cheers

The movie is okay, not really in the league of the first 3 parts, but still got it to complete the collection. Decent action flick. The PQ in Blu-Ray is awesome and stunning to say the least.

51yQoDVBNaL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

61OQtfp2ndL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

A good movie and one that I liked though not everyone's cup of tea. Not a typical superhero movie where Superman/Spiderman/Batman take on the bad guys and beat them to pulp.

Star Trek anyone? I mean the new one. I missed it due to being away on business. Don't believe its out on Blu-Ray yet since it's not on Amazon.

Is the movie good? And the FX? Is it worth ordering in Blu-Ray?

Hi Moser
Did you order the x-men blu-ray from amazon or purchased from a shop in your city? If from india itself for how much?
Thanks

Star Trek anyone? I mean the new one. I missed it due to being away on business. Don't believe its out on Blu-Ray yet since it's not on Amazon.

Is the movie good? And the FX? Is it worth ordering in Blu-Ray?

Oh Absolutely. It is right in the Star Trek legion. The graphics are amazing. There is scene where the hero is free falling from space, and the camera moves along with him all the way. USS Enterprise looks majestic, and it is complete fun to see the younger versions of Spock, Kirk, DeForest Kelley, Scotty, Uhura, Sulu, and Chekov.

Certainly worth it for a Star Trek fan.

Cheers

Dear Members,

On basis of my last week's post it seems there is a limited interest at this thread for the movies which i am offering for free therefore i have started a new thread "Free 8 DVDs", please consider to read this new thread.

Vinay.

I have seen this movie multiple times its called 'O Brother Where art thou'. Really nice movie which is modern take on Homer's 'Odyssey'. Good music is just icing on the cake.

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)

I watched this movie last week, may be my mind was not set to watch this kind of movie that time... it did not impress me much.

Thanks,
Prakash

Last edited:
Had seen this movie long time back on DD. A touching but funny film about an ex bank robber, a desperate father and his baby daughter.

Last edited:
Hi,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Country_for_Old_Men_(film)

Dont know what to make of this film. It has won a slew of awards including 4 academy awards it seems.
May be i am too accustomed to see good guys triumph at the end of the movie, i felt disappointed when the bad guy slips away quietly, the hero(well sort of.. a guy who is on the run with another's shady money cant be a hero huh?) dies, and the sheriff retires into oblivion! May be i am too dumb to appreciate the finer points of the movie:D

cheers,
sri

i too dont understand how this movie got awards at the oscar it was a total dumb boring movie

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back