The Movies I Liked

I recently saw a movie clip on bluray, where a person/guard enters a hall where skelton of Dinosaurs was kept. Somehow the skelton of Dinosaurs becomes alive and after lot of chasing etc. starts playing with a bone???

I don't know the movie, but a great audio visual treat.... Someone can name the movie???

cheers

I recently saw a movie clip on bluray, where a person/guard enters a hall where skelton of Dinosaurs was kept. Somehow the skelton of Dinosaurs becomes alive and after lot of chasing etc. starts playing with a bone???

I don't know the movie, but a great audio visual treat.... Someone can name the movie???

cheers

guess it cud be night at the museum 2 , not too sure

Does anyone have a copy of the movie "Chains"?

It's a movie I saw on AXN probably 10 years back about a group of college going youngsters who get late going home one day, try to take a shortcut and end up in a dark alley where a violent underground gang called "Chains" rules and even the police stay miles away from the area.

A leader of one gang is murdered by a member of a rival gang, and the other gang members are in hot pursuit of the assassin. The youngsters get caught in this chase, and rescue the assassin. The rest of the movie then focusses on how they get out of that hell, fighting the gang members, hiding from them and devising various ways of killing them.

The movie is not very famous, even imdb does not have an active link to purchase the DVD. The review given is also bad, but I somehow liked how the tension slowly builds up among the youngsters and how they get their act together and escape the gangsters.

Chains (1989/I)

Last edited:
Inglourious%20Basterds%20movie%20poster%20%2811%29.jpg

Another rollicking, self-indulgent QT flick that oozes some great acting, even greater locations and sets. As in other QT flicks, the story- line is whacky and improbable but still manages to keep you hooked with it's plot, screenplay and soundtrack. The story is about an imaginary band of US soldiers operating within the Third Reich with the sole brief of causing panic withing the German ranks. Their not so elegant killing methods provide the bulk of the graphic violence, a QT hallmark, although it is not quite as much as his other flicks. The band is given an assignment to carry out a daring sabotage assignment with assistance from a varied bunch of people and could have far-reaching consequences. The star of the cast according to me is the German officer Hans Landa, played by Christoph Waltz. He could just be the best actor you've never heard of!

Lord Of The Rings, Triology [Bluray, Extended]

A must watch for cinematography, visuals, story telling and sound (5.1). Peter Jackson just "ROCKS".:clapping: I saw this back to back last week.

cheers

Blue [1993][DVD] aka Trois couleurs: Bleu Trois couleurs: Bleu (1993)

White [1994][DVD] aka Trzy kolory: Bialy Trzy kolory: Bialy (1994)

Red [1994][DVD] aka Trois couleurs: Rouge Trois couleurs: Rouge (1994)

One of the best movie's for story telling, colors. Every adjacent scenes are thoroughly related .......... you miss one scene you miss the entire story.

Must watch movie's for story and art lovers.

cheers

This is particularly for all chennai people (or for anybody who can understand Tamil and a BIGGGGGGG fan of SUPERSTAR RAJNI)

Shivaji :- The BOSS [2007][BLURAY]

Sivaji (2007)

This is the first Indian movie I've watched in 1080p format. Fantastic movie.
Must watch for all Rajni fans in bluray 5.1 ................ (no DVD)

Sorry for all the people who do not understand Tamil........Really sorry for posting this.

cheers.

Blue [1993][DVD] aka Trois couleurs: Bleu Trois couleurs: Bleu (1993)

White [1994][DVD] aka Trzy kolory: Bialy Trzy kolory: Bialy (1994)

Red [1994][DVD] aka Trois couleurs: Rouge Trois couleurs: Rouge (1994)

One of the best movie's for story telling, colors. Every adjacent scenes are thoroughly related .......... you miss one scene you miss the entire story.

Must watch movie's for story and art lovers.

cheers

I recently saw this. Very intense, very related and poignant trilogy. Blue and White are pretty straightforward. But Red helps make some of the connections earlier. I also thought that colour symbolism was best illustrated in Blue and White. And once you make the connections you cannot help but wonder at the genius of the director.

Cannot help mentioning that it makes you work as a viewer rather than the connections suggesting themselves. Some may enjoy that and this same thing may put others off.

Hi aneel,

Why should you feel sorry?? Regional movies are indeed being mentioned in this thread.

cheers,
sri

This is particularly for all chennai people (or for anybody who can understand Tamil and a BIGGGGGGG fan of SUPERSTAR RAJNI)

Shivaji :- The BOSS [2007][BLURAY]

Sivaji (2007)

This is the first Indian movie I've watched in 1080p format. Fantastic movie.
Must watch for all Rajni fans in bluray 5.1 ................ (no DVD)

Sorry for all the people who do not understand Tamil........Really sorry for posting this.

cheers.

hi anil ,u dont have to be Sorry , in my opinion a few regional movies are fantastic and highly entertaining

I watched "Family Plot" - Alfred Hitchock

A very good movie for its time, its has bits of comedy/suspense.

The goof in this movie is a scene where a car is parked in front of the garage, & the owners cant take their car out, however after sometime the owner would have taken the car out & the other car not moving an inch :sad:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back