The Movies I Liked

STARTREK -THE FUTURE BEGINS dvd (big home video)

SQ/PQ top class , movie is good ,definetly has a repeat value

about this dvd i wud like to say that this disc can be used as a reference dvd for your subwoofer, it will take your sub to the limit!!!

also the background score is awesome

Last edited:
Maid in Manhattan

Happened to watch it last night and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Esp J Lo and the boy. A very well composed film.

Lord Of The Rings, Triology [Bluray, Extended]

A must watch for cinematography, visuals, story telling and sound (5.1). Peter Jackson just "ROCKS".:clapping: I saw this back to back last week.

cheers

Aneel, The one you are refering might be Bluray, theatrical version. Is Blu Ray, Extended available for LOTR?

Aneel, The one you are refering might be Bluray, theatrical version. Is Blu Ray, Extended available for LOTR?

Hi,

Sorry man, the one I've mentioned is not yet released to the public, but a former colleague of mine is working at Weta Digital, and he had a copy of it with him, and had come down to my place last week, so that's the way I saw it............... So, sorry members...........wait till it's release ............. and i've seen the Theatrical release[bluray] also, and it is really good.

thanks.

Last edited:
Tinkerbell [2008][Bluray]

Tinker Bell (2008) (V)

Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure[2009][Bluray]

Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure (2009) (V)

Hi members,

These 2 movies are for those how are interested in animated movies, specially enjoyed by girls aged between 5-15 years.

And I've worked on these 2 movies:yahoo:, they are done for Walt Disney, and is actually a DVD release (not theatrical). Hope you and your kids(for those who have ....) will enjoy the same.

thanks.

Last edited:
The Last King of Scotland [2006][Bluray]

The Last King of Scotland (2006)

A very good film on History, and a true story. Real good performance from Forest Whitaker.

Black Hawk Down [2001][Bluray]

Black Hawk Down (2001)

A very good movie for 5.1 enthusiasts, amazing background score by Hans Florian Zimmer . If possible get the .flac version's of only the background score.

cheers

Borat was indeed a fun ride!

51uGbGa68JL._SS500_.jpg

STARTREK -THE FUTURE BEGINS dvd (big home video)

SQ/PQ top class , movie is good ,definetly has a repeat value

about this dvd i wud like to say that this disc can be used as a reference dvd for your subwoofer, it will take your sub to the limit!!!

also the background score is awesome

Just got the dvd. Am surprised by so many good reviews all over the net, even by non Star Trek Fans... seriously looking forward to it.

I had watched another one a couple of weeks ago. It is called "Definitely Maybe". Would really recommend this one. Ryan Reynolds and the rest of the wonderful starcast perform exceptionally well in this offbeat romantic comedy, about a man descibing his entire love life to his 11 year old daughter

Last edited:
Burn After Reading

Osbourne Cox, a Balkan expert, is fired at the CIA, so he begins a memoir. His wife wants a divorce and expects her lover, Harry, a philandering State Department marshal, to leave his wife. A diskette falls out of a gym bag at a Georgetown fitness center. Two employees there try to turn it into cash: Linda, who wants money for elective surgery, and Chad, an amiable goof. Information on the disc leads them to Osbourne who rejects their sales pitch; then they visit the Russian embassy. To sweeten the pot, they decide they need more of Osbourne's secrets. Meanwhile, Linda's boss likes her, and Harry's wife leaves for a book tour. All roads lead to Osbourne's house.

Burn After Reading (2008)

Hi,

Finished watching Echelon Conspiracy some time back. It is a good movie with a few scences having good visual and sound effects. Recommended.:)

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra [2009][Bluray]

Stunning Visual Effects..........must watch on Bluray.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)

watchd this one , but on dvd (reg 1) as bd not yet come to my rental stores

awesome action sequences

not to miss the chase scene where the GI JOE gang are chasing the 2 people wanting to blow up the effiel tower ----although graphically done it looks stunning

I don't know how many of you have heard of or seen the movie 'GI Joe - Rise Of the Cobra'. Just finished seeing it now, and believe me, I just fell in love with the movie. Let me explain why.

GI Joe is actually based on a toy/comic series, and some may say very kiddish. It is an escapist movie. So are all James Bonds, Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and most Indian movies. What I liked about GI Joe was how slick the movie was. Neither the Director nor the actors use an pretence in trying to be realistic. The toys are futuristic, the men are Alpha 1s - the best of the best. It is non stop action from the first scene, and the graphics are unbelievable. In one particular scene, the good guys are chasing the bad guys through the streets of Paris. I saw this scene a few times and wondered how it was shot. I have personally driven through the same streets, and they look very very realistic. Literally every car in the way was is destroyed, and the good guys even plough through a high speed train to get to the bad guys. Unbelievable !! Literally every scene in the movie is like that.

Channing Tatum as Duke, the main hero, does a reasonable job. I think we will see him more often as action hero. Arnold Vosloo (remember the bad man in Mummy?) is there playing a somewhat minor role as a second villain. But I think there are already planning 'GI Joe - Cobra Takes Over' in which he will have a much larger role.

I was also surprised to see Brendan Fraser in a very small role as Sgt. Stone where he just makes a comment and disappears. I was even more surprised to see Jonathan Pryce in a small role as the US President. Jonathan was superb in Ronin, in Pirates Of The Caribbean, and Elliot Carver in Tomorrow Never Dies.

This is a movie which goes into my library.

Cheers

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back