The Movies I Liked

vinay , watch out !! your thread is hijacked by aneel

aneel has all these movies stored in his streamer in 1080p and he watches them on his huge LED monitor

OT... is somebody paying you to watch all these movies? how many movies do you watch per week? just curious... ;)

:ohyeah: I wish somebody did pay me for watching movies, but unfortunately nope!!

To make it very simple, i watch 1 movie every night. And on weekends may be 2-3:D
There are a lot of movies which i've not mentioned, because of various reasons like not interesting, bad acting, etc............ for e.g

Curse of the Golden Flower [2006][Bluray]

Man cheng jin dai huang jin jia (2006)

One of the worst ever chinese movie i've seen, only talking, talking.......with no background score.:mad:

I basically watch movies to get reference for my works, a lot of it is mimiced in Animated movies, like acting, lighting, set dressing etc.........
And I also get to learn a lot of other stuff and improve my GK getting to know about various culture, how people react to different things under different situations etc, for e.g Persuti Of Happiness, Will Smith has done a wonderful job, and a very close friend of mine had been through a similar situation. So basically you get to understand that movies are not just made for the sake of it, but some meaning is there in them.

For instance nobody would have known Idi Amin without a movie like THE LAST KING of SCOTLAD, ofcourse now there are a lot about him on the net. So various reasons like these.........

And hope this was not boring to read.

cheers.

Hi aneelr
checked on the net for "Battle for Haditha". Yes It was shot like documentary style with actual former US Military personnel and Iraqi refugees. (director deserves credit)
Thanks

Last edited:
hi aneel

surprisingly i found the curse of the golden flower to be one of the very good discs to chk out the colors of the display, as the movie was very colorful ,it really made the cloors seem to jump out the screen beamed thro the hd65

ya definetly the movie was slow paced but still had good action choreography

hi aneel

surprisingly i found the curse of the golden flower to be one of the very good discs to chk out the colors of the display, as the movie was very colorful ,it really made the cloors seem to jump out the screen beamed thro the hd65

ya definetly the movie was slow paced but still had good action choreography

Hi,

That's true, this movie has got some brilliant colors and good action choreography as well. Agree with you.

cheers.

Hi,
Watched Godzilla(1998) on blu ray last night despite the bad reviews all over net and poor box office reception.
Godzilla (1998)
Surprisingly its not that bad. I enjoyed watching it particularly climax chase scene.

Regards
Satya.

Hi,
Watched Godzilla(1998) on blu ray last night despite the bad reviews all over net and poor box office reception.
Godzilla (1998)
Surprisingly its not that bad. I enjoyed watching it particularly climax chase scene.

Regards
Satya.

the bluray of godzilla says pcm 5.1 audio , what does the avr display

any comments on SQ

gamer-movie-poster.jpg

A fast paced movie from the makers of the "Crank" series with lots of killing, blood and gore...The story is set in a futuristic society where people can control other people or choose to be controlled by other people where virtual reality and real life merge into each other.

There are two games depicted, one called "Society" which is similar to the online game "Second Life", and "SLAYERS", a violent game where players control convicted criminals fighting each other.

Hi folks, a little twist to the discussion for the benefit of all

Which Movie or DVD/CD one should not see or buy?
My answer is 2012

And which one is a must see/buy?
Ninja assasin....u wud luv the movie

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe [2005][Bluray]

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)

A descent Fantasy movie. Story is not so great, but some amazing VFX and good SQ. Some portion of the VFX is also done in India,(Rhythm&Hues, Mumbai).
One of the Best CG Lion ever made.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian [2008][Bluray]

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008)

Again, a descent Fantasy movie with OK story, but fantastic VFX and SQ.

cheers.

The Other Man (2008)

dvd, reg1

A very good thriller , its a story about a man who discovers his wifes infedility and sets out to track down his rival, very good performances from Leam neeson and Antonio banderas

deserves a better rating though

Golden Compass [2007][Bluray]

The Golden Compass (2007)

A fairly good Fantasy movie. But fantastic Visual Effects (won the oscars for best visual effects). And again a very small part of the VFX is done in India(Mumbai). One of the best CG Polar Bear ever made.

cheers.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back