The Movies I Liked

LEON: The Professional

The Professional (1994)

An excellent movie. The Gary Oldman acting is good and so is Natalie Portmans. The highlight of the movie is the background music. The Scene where Natalie portman returns froms hopping to her home to see her family murdered has a haunting theme music. Later i found that this music piece is present in the OST of the movie["What's Happening Out There" ].

Thanks, Prakash.

Gulaal

Gulaal is a compelling narrative set around the members of erstwhile royal community who want to claim back their Rajputana province and royalty regime from the democratic government.

Gulaal (2009)

V.

Hey Subhash, this is not like 'I am listening to'. We need some small review from you for each movie. Even a 'good', 'bad', or 'watchable' would suffice. :)

Cheers

Hey Subhash, this is not like 'I am listening to'. We need some small review from you for each movie. Even a 'good', 'bad', or 'watchable' would suffice. :)

Cheers

hi venkat

these are a few movies i liked in the last couple of weeks
THE LOSERS
A very good entertainer ie if you like action stuff , the losers stars Zoe saldana of avtaar fame so kind of wanted to see how she looks , she looks HOT and the movie is a solid entertainer something like from paris with love

Kickass-another solid entertainer ,superhero oriented kind definetly a worthy watch and very humourous too

Defendor- -again its about a nerdish guy wanting to be a superhero ,woody harleson is great in the title role as the defendor

All the three are very good entertainers and definetly recomended

Last edited:
Remember The Night (1940) - Barbara Stanwyck & Fred MacMurray (they also worked in 'Double Indemnity' together).

Just before the Christmas, the jury is sympathetic towards a shoplifter(Stanwyck) when the D.A.(Macmurray) pulls a trick and gets the hearing postponed till after Christmas.Afterwards, he feels bad for her & gets her out on bail ....
Excellent acting & great dialogs make this movie a delight.
The ending was unexpected but an apt one.
An overlooked gem, this.

Saw two excellent films today.

Firstly Udaan. Really, really fantastic. Reminded me and almost matched The 400 Blows. A must watch if you can manage to watch it. 8.5/10.

Next in, Inception. Thought it was pretty damn good without being extraordinary. I have liked The Prestige and The Dark Knight far more than Memento and Inception, novel concepts though they might be. Have seen last 6 Nolan films now, for the record.

Barton Fink (1991)

A very different Hollywood movie. Seen Straight it appears a B grade movie, but on further analysis there are many underlying layers and you understand the Black Humour in it.

The story is about a hit theater writer asked to write a B grade Hollywood movie about a wrestler.

Frankly, the movie was a bit too intellectual to me and if I hadnt read the imdb reviews wouldnt have understood any of the analogies. I like a lot of the Coen Brothers movies but this one I would rate 7/10.

Last edited:
Hi,

Managed to saw the movie, The Jacket 2005, yesterday after getting up in the middle of my sleep!

jacket_ver3.jpg

It is understood that I liked this movie when I make a post about this in the "liked" thread.

If you find yourself boring, plucking at ....., go ahead and watch this movie, you wont be disappointed. This movie has a few scenes which will not be suitable for those who have claustrophobia!

The movie falls in the category of "psychological thriller" but I can find only psychology and not thriller anywhere in this movie.

In short, a war veteran is wrongly sent to a mental institution for an insane murder he was alleged to have done on his way back to town from war and after which becomes the subject of a Doctor's experiments and then there is a mixture of after-life theory, etc.

Cheers!

I saw Roshan's Kites yesterday. I really do not understand all the negative sentiments the movies has gathered. The movie is quite decent, though it is most in English and Spanish. Hrithik and Barbara Mori have both performed very well, and the action sequences are good enough to threaten even Hollywood movies. Certainly worth watching. Slight variation to the standard love story with Las Vegas goons and a half mad man who lusts after Barbara Mori.

If the rumours are true, I think Hrithik will make a good James Bond, if they introduce some body twisting dances as an added attraction. Only issue is he speaks too fast. He must learn to slow down his dialogue delivery.

Cheers

Have a really crazy mad habit, I go bobbing around DVD shops, purchase as many DVDs I can and never bother to watch them.

So managed to see some great movies in last 2 weeks
1) The Kite Runner
2) Turtles Can Fly
3) The Reader
4) Children Of Heaven

Honestly my eyes were moist through most of these movies. I rate of all of them as excellent. The one major underlying thread is innocence.

Can't wait to watch them once again and write a detailed review. Planning to get BR discs.

Also had a Navarasa (Tamil?) VCD lying around as I could not catch it in theaters. It's a social gem.

What has Mr. Priyadarshan made of Children of heaven? Such a Bum!

The one movie I am really looking forward to see after a long time is Expendables. Look at the star cast:

Eric Roberts
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Bruce Willis
Jet Li
Jason Statham
Dolph Lundgren
Mickey Rourke
Terry Crews
Steve Austin

Man, what a cast!! This will be some adrenaline pumper.

Cheers

+1 to Kick-Ass, really whacked out movie and some nice action sequences.
+1 to Transsiberian, nice story, sometimes a bit slow but it adds to the pleasure. The Siberian scenes look awesome in Blu Ray.

ghost_writer.jpg

The Ghost Writer

Acting is first rate by all actors. Roman Polanski succeeds in creating an eerie kind of atmosphere throughout the movie, and the twist at the end may make you go back and watch the whole movie once again just to find any possible pointers to the twist.

The one movie I am really looking forward to see after a long time is Expendables. Look at the star cast:
Eric Roberts
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Bruce Willis
Jet Li
Jason Statham
Dolph Lundgren
Mickey Rourke
Terry Crews
Steve Austin
Man, what a cast!! This will be some adrenaline pumper.
Cheers

Me too, Waiting for the same. Superb starcast!! :clapping:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back