The Movies I Liked

GROWN UPS, similarly is disappointing.
With a cast line up consisting of Adam Sandler, David Spade, Kevin James, Rob Schneider, Chris Rock + Steve Buschemi.
Focus on Adam Sandler was way too much with the rest having little or no roles at all....
Total LET DOWN! :(

Knight and Day [2010][Theaterical]

Knight and Day (2010)

A timepass Comedy/Action movie. Good cinematography. Good sound mixing in the last bull chasing sequence. This sequence is a must watch in a good HT setup. I saw this in my office's private theater, setup by Skywalker studio and the SQ of this particular seq was worth listening to.

cheer's.

Knight and Day [2010][Theaterical]

Knight and Day (2010)

A timepass Comedy/Action movie. Good cinematography. Good sound mixing in the last bull chasing sequence. This sequence is a must watch in a good HT setup. I saw this in my office's private theater, setup by Skywalker studio and the SQ of this particular seq was worth listening to.

cheer's.

Total TP movie.... very cliched & rehashed story..... Tom Cruise & Cameron Diaz look OLD:sad:

wow aneel you got some serious time to watch somany :rolleyes:

yeah.....down here in the US, there's a lot of time, we're
allowed to work only till 5:00PM, as opposed to in India where we end up spending 4-5hrs more..............and to add to the fuel,it's the internet speed over here. That's the reason I get so much time to watch movies.

Can you write lil more detail of the movie please
....like????

.......... And also give your rating X/10
I don't believe in rating, it's completely subjective.

cheers.

This movie definetly blew me away, not the usual hollywood horror but very creepy and scary thinking of this movie does give me shivers, and this movie is going to stay in my mind for some time

The direction is splendid , keeps you guessing till the very end

Liam neeson as the sinister caretaker and christina ricci as Anna are just too good

definetly catch this one its kind of Extraordinary stuff

After.Life (2009)

Last edited:
Centurion (2010)
A splinter group of Roman soldiers fight for their lives behind enemy lines after their legion is decimated in a devastating guerrilla attack.

This is typical action movie only with background of roman empire..other wise its pretty mediocre and predictable. I was disappointed as this being from the director of The Descent which is far more better.
Acting by all the actors are passable and there is Olga Kurylenko she did well without any dialogue and photography is excellent.

After.Life (2009)
Thanks to subhash I think otherwise will never notice this. Personally I didn't see it as a gem, but very different concept and lot better than the crap we are seeing.Don't miss If come across this movie.
Director succeeded in keeping the audience in dilemma till the end. For Liam Neeson its piece of cake, but its Justin Long who surprises with controlled performance.

Last edited:
Salt [2010][Theatrical]

Salt (2010)

A good time pass Action/Drama movie. Story is not very complicated. Nice cinematography and sound mixing. Some action scene's are inrteresting.

cheers.

I saw a lot of movies - some good and some average

The Good

Green Zone (2010)

Another Hollywood story in Irag but surprisingly has more view points than the slightly more typical 'Hollywood' ones like Hurt Locker. It does talk of the Iragi viewpoint as the quabbling between the Pentagon and the CIA. Some parts are less believable but overall a nice movie. A worthy watch esp. for Matt Damon

Imogène McCarthery (2010)

A slightly offbeat movie of a blundering Scottish Nationalist who gets to go back from her desk job to her native Scotland on a secret mission. Part funny, part ridiculous but still a good light watch

Shrek Forever After (2010)

I didnt like the third edition and kept off watching this movie as the slide was distinct in this series. The first one was fabulous, the second good in parts, the third crap. But this one resurrects a lot of the old magic, still not as enjoyable as the first but still quite nice.

Intolerable Cruelty (2003)

Found this a nice movie. A bit surprised its from the Coen brothers as this is much too simple of a story to their typical fare. The movie is with its nice twists and turns and not close to a pure romantic movie and thats what makes it nice. All in all a good excuse to stare at Catherine Zeta Jones :)

The average

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (2009)

I haven't seen the original but I was still not convinced with this one. Entertaining primarily because of Denzil Washington and to some extent John Travolta. The movie could have been a lot better.

How to Train Your Dragon (2010)

The animation here is top notch. But the story is so cliched and boring

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Again brilliant effects. But the charm of Alice is totally missing in this movie.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back