Vinyl I am listening to...

Kishore Kumar. One of the Legends. Today I was listening to a few 78rpm shellacs. No electronic intervention means the music is live and vibrant. Here are they: the brass horn on HMV Model 35(?) horn was replaced in the 50’s. Still hunting for an original horn.

Attachments

• IMG_0495.jpeg
    IMG_0495.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0496.jpeg
    IMG_0496.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0497.jpeg
    IMG_0497.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 41
Kishore Kumar. One of the Legends. Today I was listening to a few 78rpm shellacs. No electronic intervention means the music is live and vibrant. Here are they: the brass horn on HMV Model 35(?) horn was replaced in the 50’s. Still hunting for an original horn.
After being through a long journey in the turntable and disc reproducer scene, this is one of the most lovable pictures I have ever seen. So nice to see the Dual 1019 as well. Various Garrard changers (and single record players like the SP25) were quite popular and have been doing the rounds in India over the years but these Duals, in my opinion, were really good, if not better. Enjoy!

Thank you Souravin and Reubensm. I used to listen to the gramaphones quite regularly, but now want to preserve the 78 rpms from the 20 gram+ reproducer weight and worn needles. Sadly the main spring of the horn reproducer broke few days back and repairs are very difficult. The March 1968 Dual (manufacturing date is stamped inside the plinth) 1019 was hand restored by me with replacement of main bearing, an Audiovault idler pulley (totally silent, had got two) and main cam. It requires different types of lubricant for each part. Rumble issues aside, these idlers can really make the music flow.

Today had the opportunity to listed to some 78 rpms. Included was an shellac produced by Village Defence Committee, Mumbai in early sixties. “Hum EK Hai” . This was picturised with Raaj Kumar, Rajendra Kumar, Sunil Dutt and Kanwaljeet(Waheeda Rehman’s husband). A known patriotic song, this is a must listen. Can be viewed on social media.

Attachments

• 0A793446-899C-430B-8489-E76C2E588B21.jpeg
    0A793446-899C-430B-8489-E76C2E588B21.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 15
Today afternoon was Instrumental Day with some of the iconic bands. The Savages, was a Bombay based band comprising Bashir Sheik(drums),Hemant Rao(lead guitar) and others. This Lp record was produced sometime in late sixties or early seventies. The Polydor recording was very good.

Attachments

• IMG_0567.jpeg
    IMG_0567.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 12
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back