new subwoofer help

Now this reminds me of how was stuck earlier with the denon. Mid bass was missing because of phase alignment. But once the phase was dealed with, the deep bass vanished caz it was an outcome of misaligned phase and was not an intended music from the source!
If you like the deep bass then....dont want to say but...live with it...
For me mid bass feels right now, but missing those deep bass...may be the creators give more importance to it.
what phase? for 2 channel should i select manual then use lfe+mains then crossover to 80 or 60?

what phase? for 2 channel should i select manual then use lfe+mains then crossover to 80 or 60?
Phase is an adjustment available in svs app.
when speakers are out of phase following happens-
One of the speaker will move out -or say push out the driver while at the same time other speaker will move in the opposite direction.
When this happens both of them will cancel each other out- meaning the frequency at which they both move in opposite direction that frequency will not be heard.
Thats how noise cancellation in earphones work.
But here this phase difference will suck out the frequency range- will cancel that frequency from being heard.

When the phase is matched both of them will move in the same direction at the same time and that frequency will be enhanced.
Audysy is supposed to handle this but, unfortunately all my calibration files got this wrong.

LfE + main for 2 channel setting will work only in 2 ch stereo mode (wether in movies or music or game)
It is also better to change Lfe + main in speaker -manual setting-advanced-low frequency effect-subwoofer output- LFe+main
Some of the movie lfe effects are hidden in mains and if we dont do this we would miss it.

Phase is an adjustment available in svs app.
when speakers are out of phase following happens-
One of the speaker will move out -or say push out the driver while at the same time other speaker will move in the opposite direction.
When this happens both of them will cancel each other out- meaning the frequency at which they both move in opposite direction that frequency will not be heard.
Thats how noise cancellation in earphones work.
But here this phase difference will suck out the frequency range- will cancel that frequency from being heard.

When the phase is matched both of them will move in the same direction at the same time and that frequency will be enhanced.
Audysy is supposed to handle this but, unfortunately all my calibration files got this wrong.

LfE + main for 2 channel setting will work only in 2 ch stereo mode (wether in movies or music or game)
It is also better to change Lfe + main in speaker -manual setting-advanced-low frequency effect-subwoofer output- LFe+main
Some of the movie lfe effects are hidden in mains and if we dont do this we would miss it.
So you want me to set sub also lfe and mains? Crossover to? Dali opticon 2 range is 59-25000

Last edited:
I dont think i need to change lfe to lfe and mains now?
Irrespective of everything.
Just try lfe +mains.
Set crossover of front to full range along with distribution setting to -20db and try once.
Getting tired of telling the same thing again.
TRY!😄
Its just few remote buttons press and always a few more to revert!!!!!!
And do the phase match exercise with sound meter app and svs app (with stereo setting and youtube video '80hz')
All the time you have taken to read all these and type to reply has taken more time than tring this.
Curious to know how it works for you!
We wont know the other side is greener until we see for ourself...
So go grab the remote!

Irrespective of everything.
Just try lfe +mains.
Set crossover of front to full range along with distribution setting to -20db and try once.
Getting tired of telling the same thing again.
TRY!😄
Its just few remote buttons press and always a few more to revert!!!!!!
And do the phase match exercise with sound meter app and svs app (with stereo setting and youtube video '80hz')
All the time you have taken to read all these and type to reply has taken more time than tring this.
Curious to know how it works for you!
We wont know the other side is greener until we see for ourself...
So go grab the remote!
I today tried crawl again and put sub just left of where i sit . While i crawled it was good but agin only deep bass is good not other notes. I have now reset my denon to default All settings. Now coming to your answer its all new to me so apologies . If i set front to full range it may blow up my speaker if bass is too deep and where is that distribution setting?

Attachments

• 20241019_201525.jpg
    20241019_201525.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 15
I today tried crawl again and put sub just left of where i sit . While i crawled it was good but agin only deep bass is good not other notes. I have now reset my denon to default All settings. Now coming to your answer its all new to me so apologies . If i set front to full range it may blow up my speaker if bass is too deep and where is that distribution setting?
Inside menu- speakers-manual setup- advanced-low frequency effect -distribution.

Without setting front speakers to full range those bass will not be output.

AND

And without putting subwoofer to LFE+main those bass will not find way to the subwoofer.

AND

Without phase alignment even if the above settings are met a lot of those bass will be cancelled out!

AND...meanning all 3 conditions to be met. Without even one of this the bass wont be there.

And from what I observed the denon built in amp is not capable of blowing speakers because of low frequency but it is capable of blowing the tweeter. Meaning setting to full range in built amp cant hurt the speaker, but to be safe set distribution to -20db.

Inside menu- speakers-manual setup- advanced-low frequency effect -distribution.

AND

And without putting subwoofer to LFE+main those bass will not find way to the subwoofer.

AND

Without phase alignment even if the above settings are met a lot of those bass will be cancelled out!

AND...meanning all 3 conditions to be met. Without even one of this the bass wont be there.

And from what I observed the denon built in amp is not capable of blowing speakers because of low frequency but it is capable of blowing the tweeter. Meaning setting to full range in built amp cant hurt the speaker, but to be safe set distribution to -20db.
ok thanks a ton. In 2 channel settings its already lfe mains and 80hz. First let me get rid of this big pc table my new small table will be here soon then i guess when space is freed i will have more postions to try also i am going for wallmount tv. so that more space is freed. i will make this subwoofer rattle sooner

AND

AND

how to choose phase alignment?

how to choose phase alignment?

Phase alignment is a process.

Audysy is supposed to do it. But it doesnt seem to do it right or i dont know what its intending to do!

Phase alignment is an option available in svs app. You will need a sound meter to do this. Or there is an app in android ('sound meter') and ios too will have similar app to help do this.

To do this, need to play something like a 80hz sound from youtube simultaneously both in the front channel and subwoofer. While both are playing inside the svs app we can change the phase (its in degrees e.g.0° or 45° ....180°) and then check the sound meter to see at which phase (degrees) the sound meter reads a maximum level.

To get the right phase (degrees) quickly check 45°, 90°,135° and 180° and then out of this which ever read maximum fine tune from there.

When the sound meter has a lower reading(compared to maximum it can get) it means the front speaker and the subwoofer are working against each other to cancel the total bass outcome.

I have already written in detail on how to do this 2 or 3 pages back.

Audysy is supposed to do it. But it doesnt seem to do it right or i dont know what its intending to do!

Phase alignment is an option available in svs app. You will need a sound meter to do this. Or there is an app in android ('sound meter') and ios too will have similar app to help do this.

To do this, need to play something like a 80hz sound from youtube simultaneously both in the front channel and subwoofer. While both are playing inside the svs app we can change the phase (its in degrees e.g.0° or 45° ....180°) and then check the sound meter to see at which phase (degrees) the sound meter reads a maximum level.

To get the right phase (degrees) quickly check 45°, 90°,135° and 180° and then out of this which ever read maximum fine tune from there.

When the sound meter has a lower reading(compared to maximum it can get) it means the front speaker and the subwoofer are working against each other to cancel the total bass outcome.

I have already written in detail on how to do this 2 or 3 pages back. (Page 14- 6th post)

Without doing this I dont think there is way out to get the bass out of the denon. No matter how much you spend for other gears (another woofer ,accoustics ....) wont help without this phase. The crawl is the other way around of phase and still you will miss something ...crawl is trying to physically find where the pase will match....its like instead of screwing some knobs and pressing some buttons we are physically moving around to find where the existing phase will match and this may be misguiding caz of lack of judgment

Last edited:

I have already written in detail on how to do this 2 or 3 pages back. (Page 14- 6th post)

Without doing this I dont think there is way out to get the bass out of the denon. No matter how much you spend for other gears (another woofer ,accoustics ....) wont help without this phase. The crawl is the other way around of phase and still you will miss something ...crawl is trying to physically find where the pase will match....its like instead of screwing some knobs and pressing some buttons we are physically moving around to find where the existing phase will match and this may be misguiding caz of lack of judgment
thanks a lot brother this may help . for now main issue is i cant lift this thing up alone. and i cant slide it now as installed soundpath isolation pads they may get damaged. i have reset my denon yesterday. I am waiting for my new pc table small so that i can get rid of this big table then i can try sub many places. i already downloaded sound metre app you said this before but will try. I will alo be needing help in tv mount. which wall to choose and how much the bottom of tv must be from floor

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-10-20 at 10.25.57_b4f1e324.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-10-20 at 10.25.57_b4f1e324.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 9

you first want me to run only dali opticon then check phase and then only woofer sperate to check sound metre

Phase between dali and woofer has to be matched, so they both need to be played together
  1. Set the subwoofer's internal low-pass filter cutoff frequency to the same value as the main speaker's bass extension.
    • For example, if the speaker’s bass extension extends down to 45 Hz (-3 dB), set the sub's LPF to 45 Hz.
    • this is on svs site

i ran my indian bluray yesterday jannat 2 ali opticon was lacking the punch and everything . i should have stayed with dali only not the SUB. BUT BEIFRE ADDING SUB DALI OPTIOCNS WERE LIKE THIS BLURAY LIKE A CHARM

Last edited:
i ran my indian bluray yesterday jannat 2 ali opticon was lacking the punch and everything . i should have stayed with dali only not the SUB. BUT BEIFRE ADDING SUB DALI OPTIOCNS WERE LIKE THIS BLURAY LIKE A CHARM
Try to find a home theatre calibrator in your place. He will calibrate it for you and you can sit back and relax.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back