new subwoofer help

Buying this worth it?
you are tired for even doing a phase alignment, this app is a huge ordeal.

The app is good only when you want to play around with target curves and other options.
For a plain vanila room correction denon in built audysy is good enough. If dont want to break head and on time on those target curves and stuff- the app is money in drain!

you are tired for even doing a phase alignment, this app is a huge ordeal.

The app is good only when you want to play around with target curves and other options.
For a plain vanila room correction denon in built audysy is good enough. If dont want to break head and on time on those target curves and stuff- the app is money in drain!
dont worry i have noted your point of phase alignment in my copy i wwill try only next weekend as i play on sat and sundays only. i have downloaded that app also sound metre. so will get back to you on saturday thank you

HOpefully denon performs so. But when audysy is set to reference the amp denies to pump out lows. The polk r700 bass driver dont move much and there is no punch. Thats how i derived at it.
Lets see if what you suggest brings bass to hardcore gamer here and may be i will learn something new!
And I had already mentioned about setting phase in svs app to 0, 45, 90, 135 ....
Without full range front speaker setting denon wont give those thumps out- neither to the fronts nor to the subs. TRY!
And by the way do you have the option in menu to set speakers as 'large' or 'small'? Which denon/marantz model currently un use?
these are only options to select FULL/40/60/80/90hz crossover in denon x4800h. can you again plz confirm if i set under settings"2 channel playback" to lfe+mains and crsoss at 90 these will only kick in when i press movie button then select stereo/multi channel stereo and if i select dloby surround then these settings will not apply. can you confirm?

HOpefully denon performs so. But when audysy is set to reference the amp denies to pump out lows. The polk r700 bass driver dont move much and there is no punch. Thats how i derived at it.
Lets see if what you suggest brings bass to hardcore gamer here and may be i will learn something new!
And I had already mentioned about setting phase in svs app to 0, 45, 90, 135 ....
Without full range front speaker setting denon wont give those thumps out- neither to the fronts nor to the subs. TRY!
And by the way do you have the option in menu to set speakers as 'large' or 'small'? Which denon/marantz model currently un use?
should i choose flat or off if not reference?

when i did crawl again yesterday indian bluray fanaa sounded good but spectre 4k did not sound deep. Spectre was deep bass at 2nd position but indian bluray at 1st. what to do next?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 8
1 thing i noticed yesterday while running auddeseey setup out of total 8 positions it was unable to detect subwoofer 3 times i had to press retry then worked
I have a problem with my svs sub. To overcome the problem i needed to set svs to -20. Else it stops outputting sound suddenly. Its random, sometimes this happens and sometimes not.

when i did crawl again yesterday indian bluray fanaa sounded good but spectre 4k did not sound deep. Spectre was deep bass at 2nd position but indian bluray at 1st. what to do next?
If you want to take my advise...stop crawling wait till you do the phase alignment.
When phase is not aligned some punches will be converted to deep extended bass. This will sound interesting, but its not an intended music. All the issues you have been posting are related to the phase issue.

these are only options to select FULL/40/60/80/90hz crossover in denon x4800h. can you again plz confirm if i set under settings"2 channel playback" to lfe+mains and crsoss at 90 these will only kick in when i press movie button then select stereo/multi channel stereo and if i select dloby surround then these settings will not apply. can you confirm?
These settings will always apply. Will not only apply in pure direct mode i guess.
THere if we dont set crossover of front to full range the bass wont be played.
If you are worried full range might hurt the speaker, then use the distribution setting to -20db. This distribution will reduce the amount of LFE going to front speakers. In the distribution setting on the bottom of the screen its mentioned what it does.
If we dont set front to full range those frequency will not reach subwoofer (LFE+main).
And you will be keep posting without a solution. Beating around the bush

Reference is better. But needs a lot of iteration of audysyy calibration before everything settles.
All these speakers are still in the run in process. They will act differently as time goes and each time calibration will have a different result.
Careful when switching between refference and off...one of them will output very high volume and this damaged my tweeter.
The mobile app is helpful only when we use the target curve option (and its very finicky)

1 thing i noticed yesterday while running auddeseey setup out of total 8 positions it was unable to detect subwoofer 3 times i had to press retry then worked
I use only 4 positions or 3. Too wide location spoils the outcome.
If possible try one calibration with all 3 locations just moved around only by 3 inches from the mmain listening position

I use only 4 positions or 3. Too wide location spoils the outcome.
If possible try one calibration with all 3 locations just moved around only by 3 inches from the mmain listening position
I will surely do phase on saturday thnx. Ok so which poistion you want me to start for audessey 1? Then 2 and 3 then skip 45678?

These settings will always apply. Will not only apply in pure direct mode i guess.
THere if we dont set crossover of front to full range the bass wont be played.
If you are worried full range might hurt the speaker, then use the distribution setting to -20db. This distribution will reduce the amount of LFE going to front speakers. In the distribution setting on the bottom of the screen its mentioned what it does.
If we dont set front to full range those frequency will not reach subwoofer (LFE+main).
And you will be keep posting without a solution. Beating around the bush
You are right. What is LPF for LFE?

Attachments

• 20241022_013553.jpg
    20241022_013553.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 2
LPF = low pass filter. For LFE Low Frequency Effect
LPF for LFE specifies the frequency from which subwoofer will take off.
80hz is what everybody selects.
But say if audysy sets 100hz or higher to one of the surround or height channnel pair then, its better to set this LPF as 100hz...
So LPF is to be set as the highest crossover point audysy selects for any of the speakers.
Infact if its set to a little bit more higher say at 120hz will let the subwoofer gel well with all the speakers.

LPF for LFE stands for Low Pass Filter for Low Frequency Effects. LPF is restricted to LFE, ie, the .1 signal in the movies. This should always be set to 120 or max available as the .1 signal has a frequency range of 3 Hz to 120 Hz. This setting has no relation to other speakers or the crossover settings of other speakers.

If you want to use the Audyssey calibrated settings, you can either use Reference or Flat. You can try out both and see which one you like better. Off turns off Audyssey calibrated settings.

I once again advice you to turn Dynamic EQ on.

You have asked somewhere if Full Range will hurt your speakers. It will not. Full Range is what happens when you play your speakers via a stereo amp. Will your speakers be able to play full range is a different question. If your speakers are not able to play full range, they will distort at higher volumes. This is where speaker crossover come to the picture in AVRs.

If your speaker is not able to play full range, ie, frequencies from 20Hz to 20 Khz, then you can imagine what happens if you try to send the .1 frequencies in the range of 3Hz to 120 Hz in movies to your speakers.

Last edited:
If you want to use the Audyssey calibrated settings, you can either use Reference or Flat. You can try out both and see which one you like better. Off turns off Audyssey calibrated settings.

I once again advice you to turn Dynamic EQ on.

You have asked somewhere if Full Range will hurt your speakers. It will not. Full Range is what happens when you play your speakers via a stereo amp. Will your speakers be able to play full range is a different question. If your speakers are not able to play full range, they will distort at higher volumes. This is where speaker crossover come to the picture in AVRs.

If your speaker is not able to play full range, ie, frequencies from 20Hz to 20 Khz, then you can imagine what happens if you try to send the .1 frequencies in the range of 3Hz to 120 Hz in movies to your speakers.
Which avr you have?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back