new subwoofer help

1. Set the subwoofer's internal low-pass filter cutoff frequency to the same value as the main speaker's bass extension.
    • For example, if the speaker’s bass extension extends down to 45 Hz (-3 dB), set the sub's LPF to 45 Hz.
    • this is on svs site
Switch it off. Problem is denon amp is not capable of pumping such low frequencies and may be they dont want to end up damaging speakers...so ...switch that low pass filter in svs app.
Have read all those and after breaking head for 6months gave those settings that work for denon 4800.
if you are still missing that bass, try what I saiid earlier.

Switch it off. Problem is denon amp is not capable of pumping such low frequencies and may be they dont want to end up damaging speakers...so ...switch that low pass filter in svs app.
Have read all those and after breaking head for 6months gave those settings that work for denon 4800.
if you are still missing that bass, try what I saiid earlier.
You are wrong on so many pointers throughout the thread. The above has nothing to do with denon not able to pump frequencies, for denon avr-X4800H the company states:
  • Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.05% 2ch Drive)125W
  • Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive)165W
  • Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10% 1ch Drive)235W
So I don't know where did you derive the fact that denon cannot pump low frequencies.

The above line is from the svs guide here(https://www.svsound.com/blogs/subwo...LHdIiIbRAurC3YSBZnUInlN-bi6w-YA7cnXN_nAfW4nDw) just so you know in which they state this is for 2 channel setups because many integrated/pre-power combos donot offer Lpf, TA, Auto EQ adjustments and hence to set the crossover on the sub you need to use the app and this option.

Had you understood the guide properly you would not have had to beat your head for six months.

@hardcore_gamer99 as for the phase try 0-45-90-135-180(in the app), to your ears where the bass blends best with the speakers stop there.

You are wrong on so many pointers throughout the thread. The above has nothing to do with denon not able to pump frequencies, for denon avr-X4800H the company states:
So I don't know where did you derive the fact that denon cannot pump low frequencies.

The above line is from the svs guide here(https://www.svsound.com/blogs/subwo...LHdIiIbRAurC3YSBZnUInlN-bi6w-YA7cnXN_nAfW4nDw) just so you know in which they state this is for 2 channel setups because many integrated/pre-power combos donot offer Lpf, TA, Auto EQ adjustments and hence to set the crossover on the sub you need to use the app and this option.

Had you understood the guide properly you would not have had to beat your head for six months.

@hardcore_gamer99 as for the phase try 0-45-90-135-180(in the app), to your ears where the bass blends best with the speakers stop there.
ok i will try phase

HOpefully denon performs so. But when audysy is set to reference the amp denies to pump out lows. The polk r700 bass driver dont move much and there is no punch. Thats how i derived at it.
Lets see if what you suggest brings bass to hardcore gamer here and may be i will learn something new!
And I had already mentioned about setting phase in svs app to 0, 45, 90, 135 ....
Without full range front speaker setting denon wont give those thumps out- neither to the fronts nor to the subs. TRY!
And by the way do you have the option in menu to set speakers as 'large' or 'small'? Which denon/marantz model currently un use?

Last edited:
HOpefully denon performs so. But when audysy is set to reference the amp denies to pump out lows. The polk r700 bass driver dont move much and there is no punch. Thats how i derived at it.
Lets see if what you suggest brings bass to hardcore gamer here and may be i will learn something new!
And I had already mentioned about setting phase in svs app to 0, 45, 90, 135 ....
Without full range front speaker setting denon wont give those thumps out- neither to the fronts nor to the subs. TRY!
And by the way do you have the option in menu to set speakers as 'large' or 'small'? Which denon/marantz model currently un use?
Even if you set mains to full range and sub to LFE+mains, depending on the receiver only one of the two would work. Unless you have a big floor stander, there is no point in setting it to full range. Small, LFE+mains and crossover at 80 would do in most cases as far as I know.

Therefore this discussion will only confuse OP as he doesn't seem to know the basics, I would recommend a calibrator or the HT store guy from where he bought the sub and AVR to do the calibration for him.

Even if you set mains to full range and sub to LFE+mains, depending on the receiver only one of the two would work. Unless you have a big floor stander, there is no point in setting it to full range. Small, LFE+mains and crossover at 80 would do in most cases as far as I know.
I completely understand PHEW and your point.
And i do understand what svs is saying in those settings.
But this denon 4800 (atleast my unit) doesnt work the way it should or denons perspective have changed.
All those settings mentioned by svs works the way you all say in my pioneer and not with denon.
Thats why I already pointed that this denon 4800 (and their new age avr's) with 4 subwoofer out have something different. May be they want to maintain directional bass and they dont want to send those directional bass to a single channel non directional subwoofer.
Op is having trouble getting the bass.
AS i said earlier its just a few button clicks to try and few more to revert.
I have tried. Try for yourself and let me know. Sharing my first hand experience and only trying to draw conclusion from whats happening. Happy to learn otherwise.

Therefore this discussion will only confuse OP as he doesn't seem to know the basics, I would recommend a calibrator or the HT store guy from where he bought the sub and AVR to do the calibration for him.
Sorry to ponder but, its rare to find a genuine calibrator. Will end up money in drain. They would do the regular stuff and say its system limitation. Wonder will there be anyone updating with the evolution of these tech.

Sorry to ponder but, its rare to find a genuine calibrator. Will end up money in drain. They would do the regular stuff and say its system limitation. Wonder will there be anyone updating with the evolution of these tech.
May be the shop guy can do it as a free service just like TV brands send people for installation.

Hi thnx all for ur time i did crawl again now here deep bass is deep and now midbass is brtter like 50% now i guess its time for phase? By the i reset my denon then ran movies i did not run addessey yet. Aldo i am running sub as sealed with foams inside.

Inside menu- speakers-manual setup- advanced-low frequency effect -distribution.

Without setting front speakers to full range those bass will not be output.

AND

And without putting subwoofer to LFE+main those bass will not find way to the subwoofer.

AND

Without phase alignment even if the above settings are met a lot of those bass will be cancelled out!

AND...meanning all 3 conditions to be met. Without even one of this the bass wont be there.

And from what I observed the denon built in amp is not capable of blowing speakers because of low frequency but it is capable of blowing the tweeter. Meaning setting to full range in built amp cant hurt the speaker, but to be safe set distribution to -20db.
HI i have set distribution to 20db can u tell what it does?

I guess there is something else that went wrong. If he did the crawl right, there is no reason not to get the right bass in the sitting position.
@hardcore_gamer99 how did you do the crawl?
I today after resetting my denon to default . I did crawl 2nd time now the thing is i place sub wheere my chair is then i move around. Now where i find deep bass i then put the sub here but when i actually sat on chair bass is not what i heard when crawled puk should i put sub onchair to do crawl? Is it so

Attachments

• 20241020_193858.jpg
    20241020_193858.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 10
i have set this setting Small, LFE+mains and crossover at 80 only in 2 channel playback setting in denon

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back