The Movies I Liked

hi,if u liked the quality of hijack DVD ,do check out Jane tu ya jane na,, and also Dostana both are very well engineered DVDs for both audio/video ,jane tu ya ----- has DTS too

Jane tu ya jane na & Dostana, both are available at Bigflix-Big home video liabrary.

Random Hearts - Drama

Starring, Harrison Ford - Kristin Scott Thomas

The story is about how 2 people become entangled
in a shocking mystery followed by an unexpected
romance, after their spouces are killed in a plane crash
together.

Vinay.

Amazing Fact: Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.

Watched Transsiberian. Starts of quite slow, very slow in fact, the story picks pace midway and goes fast towards an unexpected violent ending. Watch if you like slow thrillers.

DOOMSDAY,,,,silly movie,one of those virus stuff,but the last 15-20 mins is absolutely worth watching if u like fast cars,,just watch the Jaguar rip through a bus ---its jst an awesome scene!!!!!

Must watch on a good HT - The Ghost and the Darkness set in Africa in the late 19th century. Its an adventure movie with superb cinematography and sound effects.

Some good low budget movies I liked-
The Man From Earth
Juno - If you liked li'l miss sunshine you probably like this too, similar mould
Perfume - The story of a murdered. Real gore but amazing concept and movie.

Hi,

Watched "Taken" on Saturday. Really good, very good pace

So you finally caught up on it. Great movie and glad you liked it.

Must watch on a good HT - The Ghost and the Darkness set in Africa in the late 19th century. Its an adventure movie with superb cinematography and sound effects.

Some good low budget movies I liked-
The Man From Earth
Juno - If you liked li'l miss sunshine you probably like this too, similar mould
Perfume - The story of a murdered. Real gore but amazing concept and movie.

Totally agree with you about The Ghost and The Darkness. Great movie as it is, but rocks on a decent to good HTS. Shall catch up on Perfume...

Watched Transsiberian. Starts of quite slow, very slow in fact, the story picks pace midway and goes fast towards an unexpected violent ending. Watch if you like slow thrillers.

Yeah slow paced, but great suspense.

Hi,

Caught up an old movie yesterday - Curse of the Golden Flower, on DVD

The settings, scale and visuals are just mind boggling, cannot imagine when we can attempt such movies in India.

Hi,

Caught up an old movie yesterday - Curse of the Golden Flower, on DVD

The settings, scale and visuals are just mind boggling, cannot imagine when we can attempt such movies in India.

Also check out House of Flying Daggers by the same director Yimou Zhang. Great movie along the lines of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Hero 2 other similar great movies. Hero especially rocks on DTS, but unfortunately I have been able to get only in DD and that too in Mandarin with English subtitles.

Also check out House of Flying Daggers by the same director Yimou Zhang. Great movie along the lines of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Hero 2 other similar great movies. Hero especially rocks on DTS, but unfortunately I have been able to get only in DD and that too in Mandarin with English subtitles.

Hi Moser,

Yes, I have seen HERO, I have the original DVD on DTS and DD5.1. Spoken language is Mandarin, subtitles in English. One of the reference DVD for checking out bass / surrounds, I think.

I saw Flying Daggers also, but a rip. I was just not able to get the DVD anywhere. Not so good compared to the other movies you mentioned, but still good sounds and visuals.

I also wanted another movie - Fearless - starring Jet Li. I heard that the sound effects are very good on DTS

Hi Moser,

Yes, I have seen HERO, I have the original DVD on DTS and DD5.1. Spoken language is Mandarin, subtitles in English. One of the reference DVD for checking out bass / surrounds, I think.

I saw Flying Daggers also, but a rip. I was just not able to get the DVD anywhere. Not so good compared to the other movies you mentioned, but still good sounds and visuals.

I also wanted another movie - Fearless - starring Jet Li. I heard that the sound effects are very good on DTS

If u liked these movies do watch KUNG FU HUSTLE ,its got some unbelivable action and great sound effects too

Yeah I heard of this movie, but did not see yet.
I heard that it is a relatively lower budget film, and not quite as polished.

Will look into it

Thanks

Yeah, not in the class of Kung Fu Hustle, but it was the first film that brought Stephen Chow into international limelight.

I recently saw " As far as my feet will carry me".....

its an amazing true story of a Nazi soldier who did the impossible and walked nearly 14 000 (fourteen thousand) kilometers before reaching Tabris, Iran from where he was flown back to Munich.

Another one seen recently by me is

" The Bucket List"

Jack Nicholson plays a millionaire, and Morgan Freeman plays working class mechanic, both of whom discover they're dying of cancer as the film opens. Stuck together in a hospital room , the two start as strangers, but slowly forge a friendship as each has to endure the hardships of chemotherapy.

When Nicholson sees Freeman scribbling on a paper one day, he snatches it from him and discovers Freeman's' "Bucket List," things he wants to do before he kicks the bucket, ....which follows the pair's world travels and exploits.

The movie is excellent and I would highly recommend seeing it once...I am sure that our "DASVIDANIA" has taken some inspirations from this one....:rolleyes:

ENJOY

Not yet, its on my to do list. The DVD was not available last time I checked.

CJ7 - As I heard, it is a different film compared to Shoalin Soccer and Kungfu Hustle - more of emotion, sentimental, with perhaps some comedy

I think it is on Big Flix, but they never deliver new movies - it is forever on the queue only

CJ7 - As I heard, it is a different film compared to Shoalin Soccer and Kungfu Hustle - more of emotion, sentimental, with perhaps some comedy

I think it is on Big Flix, but they never deliver new movies - it is forever on the queue only

how do you rate the quality of the discs from big flix ,have never tried them coz the library i source discs get only region 1 discs ,he gets them from?? but timed with US release dates ,,,but quality is top class

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back