The Movies I Liked

220px-Thebigheatmp.JPG

The Big Heat (1953) - IMDb - They just don't make movies like these anymore. Glenn Ford (3:10 to Yuma, The Gazebo, Blackboard Jungle, The Violent Men Poster) is his usual brilliant self. Here he plays a cop who throws in his badge to seek vengeance against the mob for his wife's murder.

I highly recommend this movie and also the other Glenn Ford movies I've mentioned above. Not a stereotypical hero in terms of looks but in the Film noir genre along with Humphrey Bogart he's one of the best.

Like I said... they don't make movies like these anymore.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009) - IMDb

The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009) - IMDb

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (2009) - IMDb

The series starts with a reporter Michael Nyqvist and a hacker Noomi Rapace trying to solve a 40 year old disappearance of a young girl but then moves on to the story of Lisbeth Salander (played brilliantly by Noomi Rapace) who is wrongly accused of murder and must prove her innocence with help from Michael Nyqvist.

This is a must have collection in the home of any serious movie buff...

Get the extended version from Amazon - Amazon.com: Dragon Tattoo Trilogy: Extended Edition [Blu-ray]: Noomi Rapace, Michael Nyqvist, Lena Endre, Niels Arden Oplev, Daniel Alfredson: Movies & TV

MV5BMTIzNDUyMjA4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDc4ODM3._V1._SY317_.jpg

Storyline

Childhood friends Jimmy Markum, Sean Devine and Dave Boyle reunite following the death of Jimmy's oldest daughter, Katie. Sean's a police detective on the case, gathering difficult and disturbing evidence; he's also tasked with handling Jimmy's rage and need for retribution.

Mystic River (2003) - IMDb

V.

The Avengers
The Avengers (2012) - IMDb

Awesome movie, with the kind of star cast this movie had, u would expect a dud with none of the role getting proper justice, but some how this movie works and works very well, its like deepavali, christmas and id together :clapping:
this is a keeper for re watch :)

Dark shadows
Dark Shadows (2012) - IMDb

i am fan of jhonny depp and was expecting a good movie, but the movie falls flat, none of the actors have been used to their full potential, the movie is neither horrific or funny and its not in between either, its lost.......
watchable only once......

The Avengers [2012]

The Avengers (2012) - IMDb

A good Action movie. Story is okay type, but cinematography and sound mixing is done very well. IronMan/Rober Downey Jr. was impressive as usual , apart from him, the Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson and Hawkeye/Jeremy Renner added some interest to the movie. Good gags along the story. The last action sequence is really good. Definitely a good watch.

Cellular [2004]

Cellular (2004) - IMDb

A very good Action/Drama movie. I enjoyed every minute of the movie. The story is good and there is Jason Statham , my fav :ohyeah: . Nice performance by Chris Evans and Kim Basinger. Worth watching.

cheers.

The movie which i like most is "Twilight". I am very impressed with the actors especially Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. The character of edward and bella played by them was awesome. I like the way movie ended. My most favourite dialogue of the movie is when bella said " I'd never given much though to how I would die. But dying in place of someone I love, seems like a good way to go. I can't bring myself to regret the decisions that brought me face to face with death. They also brought me to Edward."..i love bella..

My Sassy Girl (2001) - IMDb

A Korean romantic comedy about a young engineering student who meets a drunken girl and how his life takes a change. I won't say this is a great movie, but romance lovers will like it. This is supposedly based on the true story of a man who published his adventures with the girl in the internet in the 90s. I liked the translation of the blog better than the movie and you can read it at IMDb :: Boards :: My Sassy Girl (2001) :: Bumfromkorea's Translation of the Origi.... It is not complete, but very hilarious and I read all the chapters in one stretch.

Mother (2009) - IMDb

Another Korean mystery drama movie. When her retarded sun is arrested for the murder of a girl, the mother sets out to find the original killer. A very good movie.

Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) - IMDb

A different take on the fairy tale where the hunts man ordered to find the escaped snowwhite helps her against the evil queen. This is a just a passable movie. Some scenes resemble LOTR. Only the evil queen by Charlize Theron is worth mentioning.

Trishna [2011]

Trishna (2011) - IMDb

A time pass Drama movie. Story is very slow and okay type, the climax is quite interesting. One time watchable.

Columbus Circle [2012]

Columbus Circle (2012) - IMDb

A very good Crime/Thriller movie. The story is good, supported with some good performance by Selma Blair. Nice background score. The story has got some good twist half way through and the a good ending. Overall a good watch.

Cheers.

Salt on Blu-ray. A great non-stop action thriller movie and even doubles up as a reference quality Blu-ray.

Well, there are 3 versions in the disc. 1 being the theatrical, the other director's cut and the third being the extended cut. All differ in about a few minutes from each other.
Plenty of extra content and non-stop action.

P/Q - 4.5/5 (In the scene where she is tortured in North Korea, a lot of film grain is present, maybe intentionally, otherwise a perfect transfer.
A/Q - 5/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1 at its best)

15994_large.jpg

@saketb, I disagree about "Salt". I would rate it as a B grade hollywood, never mind the impressive star cast. But that is my opinion.

The one I (re)watched latest is "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Very witty and funny. Of course, the book is much better.

220px-Hitchhikers_guide_to_the_galaxy.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Salt on Blu-ray. A great non-stop action thriller movie and even doubles up as a reference quality Blu-ray.

Well, there are 3 versions in the disc. 1 being the theatrical, the other director's cut and the third being the extended cut. All differ in about a few minutes from each other.
Plenty of extra content and non-stop action.

P/Q - 4.5/5 (In the scene where she is tortured in North Korea, a lot of film grain is present, maybe intentionally, otherwise a perfect transfer.
A/Q - 5/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1 at its best)

15994_large.jpg

Also check out Wanted... totally enjoyable action fare that requires suspension of belief and the laws of physics... but still very enjoyable.

@saketb, I disagree about "Salt". I would rate it as a B grade hollywood, never mind the impressive star cast. But that is my opinion.

The one I (re)watched latest is "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Very witty and funny. Of course, the book is much better.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

I appreciate your opinion on the movie, well that's yours. But, there would be some reason for this being nominated for an Oscar and won 3 other awards and many nominations.

But if you are comparing "Salt" with "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", I'm sorry to say, that these two movies are totally different in their genres.
Salt being an action thriller and the other being a sci-fi, comedy. Both the movies cannot be compared to each other.

I appreciate your opinion on the movie, well that's yours. But, there would be some reason for this being nominated for an Oscar and won 3 other awards and many nominations.

But if you are comparing "Salt" with "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", I'm sorry to say, that these two movies are totally different in their genres.
Salt being an action thriller and the other being a sci-fi, comedy. Both the movies cannot be compared to each other.

I am not comparing the two movies. :)

The first statement was opinion about "Salt". :)

The second was good movie recommendation. :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back