The Movies I Liked

Hereafter.

Somewhat flawed but I am a sucker for back and forth narratives and anything that makes my heart sink.

Watched on PIX or HBO interrupted by commercials longer than the movie. Will rerun on bluray this weekend.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Watch L'appartement

Don't be fooled, its not any boring romantic flic but a meandering haze of cleaver plot and story which will left you scratching your head till the last scene and you will rewatch surely.

Watch the original French version not the Hollywood ripoff.

Here is the link > The Apartment (1996) - IMDb

Monica Bellucci Fans You won't regret !

lappartementtheapart.jpg

Angels Crest [2011]

Angels Crest (2011) - IMDb

A good Drama movie set in the Rocky Mountains about a missing and death of a 3-yr old boy. Cinematography is really well done in this movie. The movie captures the beauty and peril of a rustic rocky mountain town. Good watch.

Cheers.

I would put in a thumbs up for Headhunters (Norway), based on a book by Jo Nesbo. And also would recommend THE DEBT, with Helen Mirren (2010).

StreetDance 2 [2012]

StreetDance 2 (2012) - IMDb

A good Music/Drama movie. Story is same as any other dance movie out there, trying to prove as the best group with their performance coupled with a love story with the leads of the group. The dance moves in this movies are well done, nice music. Good latin dance by Sofia Boutella.

Cheers.

MV5BNTk1Nzc5OTkwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjEyMTA4NA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

The story follows a married couple, apart for a night while the husband takes a business trip with a colleague to whom he's attracted. While he's resisting temptation, his wife encounters her past love.

Last Night (2010) - IMDb

V.

The Raven [2012]

The Raven (2012) - IMDb

A very good Thriller/Drama movie about serial killing w.r.t a poet Edgar Allan Poe, played by John Cusack. The Screenpaly and Cinematography is done really well, and so is the background score. Nice performance by John Cusack and Luke Evans (similar to/reminds me of Holmes/Watsons pair). Worth a watch.

Cheers.

You Again (2010) - IMDb - Pretty lame comedy about a sister who discovers her brother is marrying her arch enemy and nemesis from high school and now wants to disrupt wedding to save her brother.

A waste of good talent like Jamie Lee Curtis & Sigourney Weaver. Rest of the cast is passable at best.

The Raid: Redemption (2011) - IMDb - Seriously the action movie you have to see. The premise is simple... a SWAT unit has to clear out an apartment complex filled with bad guys to the core. The problem is the bad guys are armed to the teeth and don't think twice about killing cops.

Nothing much in terms of the story but the action is fast and furious and some of the martial arts movements/fight sequences are extraordinary/out of this world.

Its a must watch... but be warned lots of blood and gore so the women may not always like it/find it squeamish.

Watched Memoires of a Geisha

protectedimage.php

Its a beautiful film, visually appealing, is story of a young girl, who is sold as a slave by her family. Her new family then sends her off to school to become a geisha. This movie shows her struggle as a geisha to find love.
The story also explores the Geisha culture and tries to dispel common disbelieves about them. The film is adapted from the famous novel of American author Arthur Golden.

The ending is extremely satisfying.

The best action movie I watched in last month was Avengers....It was amazing!
Furthermore, i saw it in 3D my experience was damn good!

The Last of the Mohicans (1992) - IMDb - A movie I've watched more times than I can remember... one of the few movies in which Daniel Day-Lewis plays an action hero, the very beautiful Madeleine Stowe, another Michael Mann classic, amazing locales made even better on Blu-ray, breathtaking action, haunting background score/soundtrack, a love story set against the backdrop of the English and the French fighting along with the Native Americans for North America... enough reasons to make this a must watch IMHO.

PS - Just don't expect Oscar fare that Daniel Day-Lewis usually delivers, but sit back an enjoy an action/romantic on an epic scale.

The Game on Blu-ray - Michael Douglas

A very nice movie with lots of twists and turns. No doubt this was included in the Criterion Collection.

15583_large.jpg

Just finished watching Red Cliff Part 1 and 2. Must have for action lovers. Get the HongKong version, it has full 7.1 Audio.
1935_large.jpg
4635_large.jpg

Blitz [2011]

Blitz (2011) - IMDb

A good Action movie starring Jason Statham. The story starts of a bit boring, but slowly captures the viewers interest. Nice performance by Aidan Gillen in a negative role. Background score of the action scenes are good.

Cheers.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back